Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Capeer
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

re: Caper, Restoration Shammy [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Dutch

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Caper
Race: Draenei
Class: Shaman
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 14 days 2 hours 13 mins
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=Caper
Set of glyphs used: [Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave] [Glyph of Earth Shield] [Glyph of Chain Heal]
Willing to respec (to another role)? I got a Enh ass second specc and its geared to do 3k dps but if you want me to respecc it i wont hesitate
Professions and their level: atm Enchanting 325 but busy leveling it still thinking about the second prof

What are your primary roles during a raid? Raid healer mostly but able to do tank healing as well

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? at the begin of Lich King i did Naxx allot but a few weeks for Ulduar i stopped playing WoW for a while because i got bored with it. When i came back i did ToC 10 and 25 man and i even did ICC 10 but i haven't done all bosses in Ulduar exept the first 4.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. The time is good me but i can only raid on Monday - Tuesday and Thursday those are the days i dont have to work

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? Like i sayed i can raid 3 days in a week but if i can raid more day i would love to

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? I dont have allot of achiev's cause my main whas a warr but the hardest one i have there is the one for 3D

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? In Dalaran i got round 15 Fps in raids round 20 Fps

Do you ever have latency problems? Sometimes my comp sometimes feels like being slow...

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? I got DBM and Omen and Vent but just dont got that FMR LuckPoints Interface

Are you using any other addons? Bartender, Grid, Pitbull, and some other Addons for Shammy classes

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? I dont really care about how you talk i dont RP and will never RP =P

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Friendly always wanting to healp people in Heroic's if they need i never nerdrage about something and am not a lootwhore =P

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? Around 2006 not sure about the exactly date

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Could aprove in what to do when everyone is

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE - PvP - RP im playing the game for PvE mostly and when i get bored i sometimes do some PvP and i dont even want to anything with RP tbh

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 6 hours a day somtimes more or less depends on school

Do you share your account with anybody? I dont share my account

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Avatars of Torment left cause i got bored and had nothing to do

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty My previous main was a gnome and they will take over the world one day

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! i wish there would be more gnomes tbh so i dont mind having one as guildleader =P

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Friend of mine is in the guild and talked with hiim about it

Why do you think we should choose you? Could help in raids got some skills as healer if i may say

Who can we contact for reference*? Galsif, Denize and Qeal are the people know me

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?
Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Very good shaman healer and a good dps as ele and enh just as on his warr.

Play with him every day and he always shows a good attitude towards the group even when I want to start raging at the slacking bastards he manages to stay cool and be polite.

Big vouch from me.

P.S. Ure a liar
Zhalla wrote:
Do you share your account with anybody? I dont share my account
I know ure acc info even though u cant seem to remember mine xD ( Were RL mates ^^ )

Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

I'd highly recommend that you swap to Insightful Earthsiege Diamond for your meta gem, apart from that I can't really comment since I'm pretty ignorant on shamans. Professions need work obviously.

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Wow, the Resto Shaman are coming out in force now!

I don't know loads about Shaman, but I've managed to pick up a few odds and ends of knowledge from our goats here in Echoes.

The only thing I noted was your [Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave]. This strikes me more as a tank healing glyph than a raid healing one. Now, before Cerv rages, I know Shaman can tank heal, but Holy Paladins and Disc Priests just do a far better job and we have plenty of those already. Wouldn't something like [Glyph of Riptide] or [Glyph of Water Mastery] be better?

There's a good chance I'm completely wrong - but I look forward to getting a discussion going Happy

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

MystikalBoomkin wrote:
Wow, the Resto Shaman are coming out in force now!

I don't know loads about Shaman, but I've managed to pick up a few odds and ends of knowledge from our goats here in Echoes.

The only thing I noted was your [Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave]. This strikes me more as a tank healing glyph than a raid healing one. Now, before Cerv rages, I know Shaman can tank heal, but Holy Paladins and Disc Priests just do a far better job and we have plenty of those already. Wouldn't something like [Glyph of Riptide] or [Glyph of Water Mastery] be better?

There's a good chance I'm completely wrong - but I look forward to getting a discussion going Happy

Caper is at work atm but 1 thing mysti [Glyph of Water Mastery] aint really raid healing glyph I think its more for when u need more mana regen. And indeed about the Meta I already pointed it out but when he got his head they werendt at AH so he couldnt buy one of those ...

Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

The Water Mastery glyph is an 'all-healing' glyph because you need mana to heal, be it tank healing or raid healing. The LHW glyph is almost 100% useless if you're not tank healing, which Caper wouldn't be in the majority of our raids. It's almost a wasted glyph slot in that sense.

That being said, if you have enough mana regen to support yourself, then WM glyph is just as useless. That strikes me as unlikely though, given the amount of complaining I've heard about resto shaman mana regen.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Quote:
but I look forward to getting a discussion going

Initiate posts aren't the place for theorycrafting :P

But glyph of water shield is only 30 MP5 or something, not really a very good glyph, Glyph of riptide might be worthwhile... If I was playing shaman I'd probably do what caper has done and grab glyph of LHW gimping your tank healing completely because "we have other tank healers" is pretty dumb in my opinion, when LHW spam is prety effective.

But perhaps we should have less shaman-ignorants talking about shaman mechanics :D

Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

First thing that struck me having a look at armoury is...only ONE proffesion!

No enchant on boots.
16+ intellect on bracers?
50+sp on mainhand.
And yes that meta...even me who know zero about shamans can see it won't benefit you much in pve..
blue gem in pants aswell.

And youre experience in current content is also close to zero.

Done ToC10 (once.)
ToC25 (4/5)
ICC (once)

Looking at how little work you've put into this char and youre experience I must say I do wonder what you are doing online 6hours a day?

Sorry maybe this is harsh but to me this looks "slacker" all over.
If you don't know/cba/gotnomoney to gem and enchant youre char properly before applying this is only a waste of Raszagal and Emee's time.

Obvious Disvouch, unless he has a GOOD explanation.

*runs off, grumbling angryily about minimum requirements for applying to a proper guild..>.>*
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Not theorycrafting, I meant Caper giving us his opinion, foo' tongue out

LHW spam is very very bad for Shaman mana, that much I do know. And the glyph does nothing if the target isn't the tank, because it requires Earth Shield to be on the target to work. It'd be the equivalent of a Paladin healer glyphing the [Glyph of Divinity] - handy dandy if you use it on yourself for the 'double innervate' effect, but overall worthless.

Now, would you really want your Resto Shaman spamming the tank with LHW when there are Paladin healers present?

However, I ain't no Shaman and it could be that Caper and the other Shaman know why the LHW is good - that's what I'm interested to read Happy

Last edited by Mystikael on 2010/01/06 11:07; edited 1 time in total

Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Quote:
Sorry maybe this is harsh but to me this looks "slacker" all over.

It's got "reroll" written all over. That's forgivable.

Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Quote:
nd the glyph does nothing if the target isn't the tank, because it requires Earth Shield to be on the target to work.

Kinda irrelevant point, you're only going to be using it on the tank.

Quote:

Now, would you really want your Resto Shaman spamming the tank with LHW when there are Paladin healers present?

Do you want your resto shaman to be either crap or standing about doing nothing when the fight doesn't demand chain-heal spam?

Flexibility is gooooood that's why they made us pallies OP with bacon :D

Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Reroll is fine.
But if something as BASIC as enchants and gems aren't in order I'ts defo a no from me. If he is slacking already on this point how do we know he won't slack with other things aswell? Consumeables, Show up in time etc etc...

(And that's not counting lacking experience and application in overall.)
Azmodyr
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

sure.. holydins and disc priests do tank healing way better than us. but druids and holy priests do raid healing way better than us too (yes this is very much debateable, but this is my considered opinion). basically whatever we do we're going to be suboptimal. can i just avert the inevitable class balance discussion by stating that i know i'm probably wrong?

glyph of water mastery is bollocks. only a shaman wearing questing greens would ever need it. if we truly aren't going to be allowed to tank heal then i suggest glyph of riptide (which is pretty rubbish too, but there isn't much else).

your gems and enchants make me cringe. cringe dead puppies and fire. while you seem to have grasped that haste=good, it generally isn't so powerful that it's worth ignoring socket bonuses (and if you do you'll run into mana problems anyway). may i suggest haste/mp5 in blue and haste/spellpower in red? gemming stamina is never a good idea.

get a spellpower enchant on your bracer, change your meta gem, get a boot enchant. and level your proffessions.

good spec.

all in all not a very well set up character.

yes. i'm in a bad mood. i apologise.

Likes forums

Quote:
yes. i'm in a bad mood. i apologise.

CALM DOWN

oh wait...

Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: