Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Dida
Dida/Naoya
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Seray - Warrior tank [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Female
Nationality: Norwegian

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Seray
Race: Gnome
Class: Warrior
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): Not quite sure, but somewhre between 40 and 60 days I think.
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Seray&gn=Echoes+of+Lordaeron
There is two items with a blue gem in them(best gems back when I got them). The boots will be replaced today(I lack 2 emblems). If I can't find a fast replacement for bracers I change the gem in it.

Set of glyphs used: Major: revenge, blocking and devastate. Thinking of replaceing revenge for shieldwall glyph or last stand as rage is hardly an issue in raid tanking.
Minor: bloodrage, charge and battell(will be changed to commanding shout)
Willing to respec (to another role)? Rather not, for a fight or two where you need less tanks ofcourse, though atm my dps gear is nowhere near good enough for your raids.
Professions and their level: Mining 450, BS 444. Atm I don't see any benefit of haveing this one at lvl 450, though if it changes I will ofcourse get the last 6 points.

What are your primary roles during a raid? Makeing sure the bad guys hit me and not healers and DPS, and take so little dmg as possible while doing it.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? For Seray it's somewhat lacking. I did Kara in TBC, in WotLk, part of Naxx, first 3 bosses in Ulduar and Onyxia 10 and 25 man. I tried getting into more pug raids, but either their full on tanks or not forming at all.
I do have alot of raiding experince from my hunter(vanilla) mage (vannilla, TBC and WotLK) and warlock(TBC) though.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. yepp

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? 2 at first, maybee more later, depending on RL situation.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Well, most encounters and achivements are easy when you do them a few times and/or know the right tactics, at best they require medium skill + luck. So even though some was difficult at the time, they're not anymore.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
IPOWRX9500NCD

PB Q6600/4GB(RAM)/640GB(Harddisk space)/GF9800x2SLI/VHP GF9800GT 512MB DED x2 SLI(Videocard)/HDMI/CR/VP
(Don't ask me what all that means). FPS in Dalaran is 50-60 when standing still, 20-40 when moeving around in prime time. Never noticed problems with it in raids

Do you ever have latency problems? Nope. Average lat seems to lie around 150-200 most time, but can go from 80-300 every now and then.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Already got them

Are you using any other addons? Yes

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? yepp

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Forced to take care of herself from an early age, Seray got experience from everything as errand girl, blacksmith apprentice to pirate. She hardly afraid of anything and meet any challanges head on.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? Will be 5 years soon.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Well AOE threat is ofcourse the bottelneck for all warriors, it's usually ok as long as I get the mobs together though.

Otherwise it can sometimes be hard to get the overview of the situasjon as gnome with a number of 10 times bigger mobs are stuck up in your face. but I don't find it to be much of a problem if you know what to do and what can happen before the fight starts.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PVE, RP then PVP somewhere far back.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) Variates highly these days. But lately I've been logging on almost every day for atleast a few houesr.

Do you share your account with anybody? No.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? The last guild I was in was CC, but that's almost 2 years ago now.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty Cute

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! I thought she was a goat, but gnome power for the win Happy

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Well apart form the fact that I'm already here, I can't think of a nicer bunch of people I want to raid with.

Why do you think we should choose you? Most of you already know me on Dida/Eidelon, and I don't think I suck completly as a warrior either. + I really want to start to raid again and when I stated gearing up you was more in need of a warrior than a mage so I figured it be a chance to se raiding from a differnt perspective.

Who can we contact for reference*? For personality and attiude, everyone that was in the guild before May last year. For skill on my warrior, I've done a few heroics with some people, but I've been mostly pugging so not to many to ask.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

Last edited by Dida/Naoya on 2010/01/07 6:05; edited 2 times in total
Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Denied ;)

I'll have a look soon Dida just have to finish this report.

Upping the guild post count

_Dúnedain_ wrote:
Denied ;)

It's kinda Jaenus job Dune *wink*

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Norriel wrote:
_Dúnedain_ wrote:
Denied ;)

He asked me to deliver input on the prot applicants :D

Hey there Dida Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the assistant recruitment officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Jaenus is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

You application looks fine, only thing that worries me is that your gear might not cut it for us just yet. As it is right now we have a recruitment stop, but there can accure situations where we decided to take on an applicant anyways.

When Jaenus has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as rather you get a retrial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

Last edited by Airaniel on 2010/01/07 6:18; edited 1 time in total

EoL-Veteran

_Dúnedain_ wrote:
Norriel wrote:
_Dúnedain_ wrote:
Denied ;)

He asked me to deliver input on the prot applicants :D

Very well

Dida/Naoya
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Norriel wrote:
Hey there Dida Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

You application looks fine, only thing that worries me is that your gear might not cut it for us just yet. As it is right now we have a recruitment stop, but there can accure situations where we decided to take on an applicant anyways.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

I relise my gear is a bit on the low side for ICC25 and maybee also for ToC25 heroic(not sure how much is required there), but I think it should be ok for the rest.

As I said I've been trying to get pug runs to ToC and ICC10 man, but with little succsess, and so I'm not sure I can do much more to upgrade, exept waiting 3-5 weeks for each frostemblem upgrade. I don't mind beeing put out of the progress raids until my gear is up to standards though, but if I'm going to upgrade it much more alone, I would most likely have to apply to another guild to get raidspots, and that's something I rather not do.
Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Hi Dida,

Talents & Glyphs Choices :
Quote:
Set of glyphs used: Major: revenge, blocking and devastate. Thinking of replaceing revenge for shieldwall glyph or last stand as rage is hardly an issue in raid tanking.
Minor: bloodrage, charge and battell(will be changed to commanding shout)

Indeed talenting Improved diciplines is a waste without glyphing shield wall also, i would highly advise replacing the revenge glyph fot eh Shield Wall as majors for the minors i would replace battle
for commanding since as a tank you benefit more from commanding shout then battle shout.

You talent Build is quite different from the "usual ones"

Let's start with the Prot tree :
Shield Specialization 4/5 - Now i once ran without it maxied also only the encounters became harder and harder , this is absolutely a need to max out.
Puncture 3/3 - This talent is not one of the needed ones and you see alot of tanks not talenting this since you don't need to rage reduction becuase we have no problem building up rage nowadays.
Improved Disciplines 2/2 - Great choice only like stated above it's unfortenate you didn't glyph shield wall also no need to change this talent.

Fury Tree :
You took Armored to the Teeth & Cruelty, from a personal point of view Cruelty isn't necesary at all for us tanks, so i whould advise to free up those points.

Arms Tree :
You only took Parry why if i may ask ?

You have a lot of free talent points now i whould advise them to put into Imrpoved Heroic Strike ( it's our bread and butter it can be spammed since rage isn't a problem )
Improved charge is also a very nice talent to pickup becuase it generates extra rage for starting your rotation.

I personally took Impale also it just gives that extra increase in treat but this is a personal thing i whould advise to take it but that's up to you.

Gear

Oh my we have talked this over the last few times ;) but currently it is subpar for raiding everything above Ulduar i whould say.

I would advise the following things :

- Get better trinkets these are really outdated. Since ULD is becomming more and more a pug fest i think maybe with some proper healing toc25 should be doable but for now do ULD10/25 and ToC10 for gear upgrades.
- Well the boots but you already knew about those.
- You're hands/waist/shield/bracers/chest/cloak/neck are all naxx/uld10 level.

I think the best thing for you todo is grabbing some tank stuff from the new heroics and even trial of the champion instances, their simply better itemized. I can give you a list of exact upgrades later if you want to but we will keep that out of this application.

I enjoyed helping you with the first part of your gearing for the last few days and just wishper me / pm me on the board for further help, but to be totally honest your gear currently isn't on our level of raiding and i will take too much time for us to get you their during the official raids.

Try letting these crafted their both major upgrade for you and should be easier to get the mats for nowadays.:

[Plans: Breastplate of the White Knight]
[Plans: Saronite Swordbreakers]

Caps:

Made the hitcap but lacking on expertise cap i cannot say often enough how important this is for tanks. you Currently have 19 Exp this should be atleast 26.

Attitude
Well we all know this already so no comments here.

I will leave the final things for Miriel and Jeanus, hope this is of help to them.

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

_Dúnedain_ wrote:

Gear
Oh my we have talked this over the last few times ;) but currently it is subpar for raiding everything above Ulduar i whould say.

I don't argue that my gear is a bit subpar for ICC25, and will ofcourse do my best to upgrade it with with the pointers you gave me, I'm a bit puzzeled though, that Feli, that have less armor, less hit, about the same expertice, avoidance and defense and no less than 5k hp less than me, can be reserve for ICC10, while my gear isnt' even good enough for ToC??
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Dida wrote:
_Dúnedain_ wrote:

Gear

I don't argue that my gear is a bit subpar for ICC25, and will ofcourse do my best to upgrade it with with the pointers you gave me, I'm a bit puzzeled though, that Feli, that have less armor, less hit, about the same expertice, avoidance and defense and no less than 5k hp less than me, can be reserve for ICC10, while my gear isnt' even good enough for ToC??

This decision is not made by either Dune or the Recruitment officer(s), however since your cheerleader at the moment you can sign up and hope that you can get a spot or a reserve spot in a raid. But indeed if you wanna change from Cheerleader rank to Member you gotta have to be accepted for trial under the requirements that we have for our applicants Happy

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

points a Miriel. Better answer ;)

Last edited by Shamarice on 2010/01/07 7:27; edited 1 time in total

*points Dune at the post she made* think my answer is more right than yours muhahaha.

EoL-Veteran

Just got back home now (first time I've been able to go shopping for 3 days with the snow we've been having), so haven't had a chance to look it over yet Dida, I will do so as soon as tonight's raid is finished and out of the way rather than trying to rush myself through now, would rather sit down when i'm not hurried and give it the proper time it deserves.

P.S. I won't even be mentioning anything like character, if you fit in etc as obviously your already part of the family and a pretty cool person as we all know already

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Dida
Dida/Naoya
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Ok so I've fixed specc and glyphs. Got the 2 items you linked and got them enchanted, though chest is only partly gemmed so far, will fix that later today or tomorrow.

I also got 54 frost emblems so planning on buying a trinket with them on Sunday when I reach 60.

Blingsed a bit on the feet, but I see FoS heroic have some nice feet that can be an upgrade, so I see if I can get them to drop.
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Righty ho Dida, I've had a bit of time to look over you application now and a big thank you from me goes to Dune for his good advice to you, which i'm pleased to see you've taken and already made a lot of changes.

Looking at your gear and as you undoubtedly know a tank is very gear dependant (possibly warriors moreso than any other) and if their under-geared for the particular raid then no matter their skill they will struggle terribly in it - as will the raid.
On your current gear it should be quite capable of ToC10 man and some toc25 (honestly it's its not up to ICC or TogC - but i didn't expect it to be yet either).

As a guild as you know we currently on raid days don't do toc10 anymore and toc25 normal modes are getting less frequent. I would be more than happy though to have you along in any of the 'informal' runs that we have of the 10 just to get you a bit of experience in a raid environment tanking and if a spec opens up in a 25 to give you a shot at tanking in it (RL permitting ofc). Obviously this is a good way for you to narrow the gear gap more quickly to get to the stage where you can be thought about in the 'normal' raid set-ups.

I really hope that we can get you into some of the unofficial raids such as Toc10/Toc25 (I'm sure we can scratch a group together when theirs no raid on that night for one of these) as it's rather hard to comment on somebodies skill from heroics these days. I would much rather see you in a raid where you would be able to contribute such as these rather than one where you would be undergeared to a level where you wouldn't have a chance to show us your stuff.

As far as the recruitment situation for prot tanks goes we currently have 2 (1 being an initiate), so their is 'some' room for another one in the ranks - but they have to be able to contribute to the degree the other tanks are able to in raids. At the minute i don't think your gear is currently up to being able to raid in a 'main raid' with us (regardless of skill).

If Nanna / Emee think that another tank could be used in the raid-set-ups currently then i see no reason it shouldn't be a prot warrior. As currently they are probably the most powerful Tank class in the game once more. However to be available to sign in on any form of progress raid as i said above the gear level needs to be improved quite a bit.

In summary though i am impressed by the amount of effort I've seen you have been putting into Seray and your recent high level of activity in trying to gear her up to the best you can do (without being in guild-runs it must be hard). Also keep prodding Dune for as much advice on all things tanky related, as all though at times he can be a grumpy old so and so wink he's also tanked pretty much all current content so can help you greatly with the challenges ahead (and i know he's always happy to try to help a long-time guild-member when ever he's able to). Also im on-line basically every day and if i'm free available i'll be glad to lend a hand with whatever you need.

Steve

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: