Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Carina (Mirena)
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: Mirena - main change app [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Female
Nationality: English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Mirena
Race: Draenei
Class: Mage
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 20 days, 14hours, etc.
Talent Built(Armory link please): Arcane: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=Mirena&group=1
Willing to respec (to another role)? If needed.
Professions and their level: Tailoring & Enchanting, both high enough for bonuses.

What are your primary roles during a raid? DPS, CC if needed, follow orders.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? All TBC content, all current WoTLK content apart from Algalon and Ulduar 25 hardmodes.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yep.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? At least 2, probably often more.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Never liked this question.. let me say.. getting the Perky Pug pet within a few days of the new patch - shows my effort in gearing up fast.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? Never have fps issues.

Do you ever have latency problems? Nope, unless Lio is downloading stuff in which case I bitch-slap him.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yep.

Are you using any other addons? The usual.. grid etc etc.

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Of course

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Haven't thought much about this one - never RPed on it.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? August 2006

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Getting used to the finer points of mage dps. Also I could get some pvp experience, as I always think it can make you a more reactive pve player.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE, PvP, RP.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) Every day, at least 2-3hours often more.

Do you share your account with anybody? No.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? EoL and Disillusion.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty Annoying.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! We haven't had a gnome GM in ages, you lie!

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Because even though I complain sometimes, I don't think there's any other guild on SSL that I'd want to raid seriously in. I mean, I've been here 2 years -.-

Why do you think we should choose you? How I hate these questions.. Because I work hard?

Who can we contact for reference*? *shrug*

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?
I've played Holy priest in EoL since I joined (2 years ago now). I've never tried to switch mains before, never even tried to dps as shadow if I got bored of healing. I just got on with things and kept on healing. This is the first time I've actually seriously thought that I don't want to raid as a healer any more.

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Carina, thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the assistant recruitment officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Chillchaos is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

Now looked through your armory, your gear is really good so that is not really going to be a worry. And if your as good on your mage as on your priest then I dont have any worry about your mage skills Happy

Your Sons of Hodir rep is really low and you need to work on getting that up.

Now I have one last question, how will Disillusion take it that your leaving them to join us?

When Chillchaos has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as rather you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

If she has SoH exalted on Carina she can mail the enchants across, they're Bind on Account.

It'd be a pity to lose you on your priest but we don't seem too strapped for healers at the moment and I've heard only good things about your play on Mirena.

EoL-Veteran

hmm didn't know that... then very well Happy

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Yeah as Isvan said, I have SoH Exalted on my priest and just send the shoulder enchant over. Since I don't see the point in grinding the rep or spending the badges on buying the rep tokens, it's easy to mail it over Happy

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

yeah my bad... me being silly Happy I have exaulted on both my chars so didn't think about it Happy

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I had a little look

Specc: All good, exept I think you would get bigger dps increase of putting the point you got in Slow to AI, since you can use it on alot of bosses in ICC, like Marrowgar, Gunship etc.. I also learnt nice trick from Chill, to put 2 points in Frost Warding, since youre blizzard will suck nomatter where you put those points (+ there are little aoe on bossfights so far in ICC) it will save you a quite decent amount of mana if you use it visely.

Gear level is quite good aswell. About gemming, Mage gemming is abit different from priest gemming, mage gemming is abit more retarded since for max output you basically want to put 23sp gems in all slots. Exept for what you need for meta gem requirements.
So I would switch out the gem in pants and chest with pure 23sp ones.

Youre haste is quite high, so gemming for more sp would be abit better stat balance imo, but all in all you seem to have grasped the general idea of mage very good!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And entirely other matter is that I got a better geared mage on another account than my priest, so if you want that instead you can have it..Will save you sometime gearing up perhaps.. wink I understand if you prefer playing this one, but I would be happy to know my poor gnome wouldn't just stay in the closet gathering dust!:p

+ He got algalon atunement, and some other stuff!

It's atleast an offer! envy
Carina (Mirena)
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Maniok wrote:
Specc: All good, exept I think you would get bigger dps increase of putting the point you got in Slow to AI, since you can use it on alot of bosses in ICC, like Marrowgar, Gunship etc.. I also learnt nice trick from Chill, to put 2 points in Frost Warding, since youre blizzard will suck nomatter where you put those points (+ there are little aoe on bossfights so far in ICC) it will save you a quite decent amount of mana if you use it visely.

I have Slow in my spec at the moment because I find it pretty useful in ICC for Saurfang (at least for 10man where you might not have another way of slowing the beasts). Also.. AI? Do you mean Incanter's Absorption (which would be IA)?

Maniok wrote:
Gear level is quite good aswell. About gemming, Mage gemming is abit different from priest gemming, mage gemming is abit more retarded since for max output you basically want to put 23sp gems in all slots. Exept for what you need for meta gem requirements.
So I would switch out the gem in pants and chest with pure 23sp ones.

According to Rawr, my gemming is spot on. It does suggest that I change the gem in my shoulders to a pure spellpower gem, for a whopping ONE DPS increase. Forgive me for being happy to stick with how I've got it for now ;)

Maniok wrote:
And entirely other matter is that I got a better geared mage on another account than my priest, so if you want that instead you can have it..Will save you sometime gearing up perhaps.. wink I understand if you prefer playing this one, but I would be happy to know my poor gnome wouldn't just stay in the closet gathering dust!:p

Thanks for the offer but... I'd rather die than play a gnome..

Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran

Carina. wrote:
I'd rather die than play a gnome..

I was planning to keep myself on the low for today, way too wasted...
But I just couldn't when I read this..!

You are aware that being a Gnome gives you the highest DPS, Alliance that is..? twisted
The extra Intellect yields ya 'bout a 0.5% DPS increase..! envy
*secretly wishes he was a Troll*

Quote:
*secretly wishes he was a Troll*

I wish I was a dwarf, the beard gives a 3.7896577757644876% increase in awesome.

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Ellee!
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

wtb gnome palas.... think of the int increase!!

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Exceptional Priest and show signs of being potentially as good on her mage, given some time Illva/Chill and Thy may get sweaty palmed looking over their shoulders.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Yes...Incanters Absorption my bad! wink Was abit tired when I wrote that..:p

I wouldn't trust rawr to much if I were you...I had some unpleasant experiences with it in the past!xD For firespecc it suggests to stack crit and screw haste all over, but ye it was just a suggestion, do whatever you want with it! wink

The point is still wasted imo since you got plenty of other ways to slow and kite. CoC, Frostnova, + downranked frostbolt which has like 0,7 sec cast time...:p + U got blink.

Vouch from me btw, should try to stick with the good players we already got.
Airsha
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

That's sad day .

I can make a story but too tired so.. uh.. i leave that to the rest.
Anywayz from my side Vouch!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: