Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ostzie.
Found the forum!

re: Ostzie - arms warrior [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Polish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Ostzie
Race: Dwarf
Class: Warrior
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 218 days 11 hours 27 min
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Ostzie
Set of glyphs used: Glyph of Execution, Glyph of Rending, Glyph of Mortal Strike, Glyph of Battle, Glyph of Bloodrage, Glyph of Charge
Willing to respec (to another role)? yes for a tank, my offspec
Professions and their level: Mining 450, BS 450

What are your primary roles during a raid? dieing by "sweeping strikes" + "bladesorm", hehe joking ofc, hope good dps is my best

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
Ulduar - few HM with Yogg, no Algalon
ToGC25 - 4 bosses
ICC10 - first wing cleared

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes, in most of weeks

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? 3-4, sometimes 6 or 2 only, depends

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Well, i want to clear all encounters and do some nice achi in older encounters like GotUR

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
50-60 FPS, hmm im at work now, can edit for details when i come back to home :D

Do you ever have latency problems? nope, got nice provider

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? only missing FMR LuckPoints Interface, ofc i can install it

Are you using any other addons? sure, few more

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? yes

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Ostzie was born long time ago. He always like to eat chickens and drink, drink, drink, drink a lot... ehh dwarfs. Ahh, he got one love - his Thunderfury.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? 03/02/06

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? hmm, sometimes im lost with my rotation :P but generally is fine

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? my love is PVE, RP is fine also, abd PVP only for fun like 2v2 playing by 2 tanks :P

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) hmm shame but to much sometimes 2-10 depends

Do you share your account with anybody? No. never, also got authenticator so that would be hard anyway

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
Husaria - polish guild
Conscience - disband
Martyrium - disband
Menace - i had a one month break and after come back i was replaced

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty Evil, hehe

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! Evil dont means bad, right ? no problemo

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Was hear from Kelsay EoL is full of nice people, and raids are pretty fun

Why do you think we should choose you? Hmm, because i smile sweet? No? Because... i dont know.. oh i know actually, because i have a nice beard

Who can we contact for reference*? Kelsay, also few ppl from EoL should know me

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Nope, cya ingame
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Ostzie, Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the assistant recruitment officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Jaenus is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

For starters, I should let you know that at them moment we have our recruitments on hold. This is because we are getting full on memebers and have alot of initiates to deal with, however on rare occations we do take good players in for a trial.

Your application looks really good and your gear is pretty much up to dat, part from like a trinket and so ;)
You seem like you have alot of experiance, however I do wonder why you were replaced? Menace didn't have room for you when you came back?

I dont really have that many comments to your app, everything seems pretty okay to me Happy Perhapes one question, seeing you have a prot off spec (havent looked into where the talents are placed) how experianced are you with tanking? Im asking this because there might accure occations where we might need your offspec Happy

When Jaenus has given his opinion, possible issues has been solved, and our set up maker has given a verduct as to rather we have room for another melee DPS I shall give my verdict as rather we will trial you or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

Found the forum!

My tanking...
hmm i was a tank in full TBC - Kara, Grull, Maggy, TK, SSC, ZA, some fights in MH, BT,
in WotLK i was tank till Yogg in Ulduar, after that i swich to arms and gear up for dps. As tank i got about 38k hp but all gems are rare, and for sure im missing alot of tanking gear, but always when is possible im trying to get some new shiny plates.
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Always good to know ;)

Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Now that's a familiair name wink

Weren't you friends with Bandzior and Skylar way back?

Yes, still i'm with Bandzior,
not sure what happend with Skylar
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

That's a shame, would have liked to know what happened to him.

i think skylar has moved server awhile ago i remember me being in a skype convo with some others and they dragged him in the convo.

Hi Otzie and thanks for applying, I've been very busy today with family stuff followed by raiding as soon as i got home, so i'm only just now getting a chance to have a look over your application, will get my opinion on it up shortly.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Azade1
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

I remember him from back then when I was in Husaria.
That was over a year ago, though I still remember that he was a good player, skilled and with a nice attitude Happy

Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Hi Ostzie, thanks for applying to EoL I'm Jaenus the resident Class Rep for the best of all WoW classes Warriors

Right mate I'll start at the top, your Talent Build - Errrrm looking for anything negative, nope can't really find anything wrong with it at all - in fact its pretty much the same one i use personally, only change I'd suggest is instead of having 2/5 Unbridled Wrath and the Bloodrage Glyph would be to go for 2/2 Booming Voice and the Command Glyph - rage gen isn't really much of an issue at all and it just saves you the hassle of having to rebuff them as frequently.

Looking over your gear, even though you've had a months break just as 3.3 hit it's pretty much in really nice shape, Just looking at the way you've gemmed and itemized in order to hit Hard cap arp without relying on a trinket proc shows me that (i assume your using Hearty Rhino to get those last few %'s to hit 100 in raids). You could do with replacing some of the toc10 items with their Heroic counterparts as they'd add quite a bit too your dps for things which are pretty easy to get hold off (always assuming that they drop ofc).

Your even using the Agil/Crit meta gem which was a joy to behold, however I'd personally change the arp/stam gem for a nightmare tear (using the hearty rhino means that you will hit 100% bang on without that purple gem anyways so it's no loss for you). Nice to see your hit capped without relying on a Dreanei and you haven't wasted gemming points to get exp capped (personally it's of dubious benefit anyways for arms). All of this when taken together shows me that you know your class and spec exceptionally well.

In summary it's the best Warrior application that we've had in my time in EoL and nothing gives greater pleasure to me personally than looking over an application with a critical eye and basically being able to find little to no fault in anything in their. All in all a very impressive application from someone who knows his class and has good raiding experience. Having a warrior with a good prot dual spec is always handy for certain encounters - I'm Arms/fury atm with a full-time switch to fury imminent.

I will have a talk with Miriel/Norrinja as soon as i can catch her on-line about the current recruitment situation. But you certainly imo fit into the 'exceptional applicant' rule.

P.S. Any application mentioning Airsha gets you off to a very good start btw

BTW Nanna you do realise that his trinkets wipe the floor with mine don't you as the Banner of Victory is ridiculously OP for it's ilvl especially when using it to reach 100% Arp

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Hey I look at the item lvl XD.... But I do realise that his gear is awsomeness :P

EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I remember Ostzie from Incarna/Divine. Good tank & attitude, even when continually wiping on Magtheridon...

Also seen in odd random heroic as DPS recently, equally good.

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.

You've been accepted in a time where we are pretty much stocked on melee DPS, however I feel that you will be a good assit to the guild, and as far as I can read you seem to cut just above what we are asking from our applicants these days.

During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Emee) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

elvis wrote:
I remember Ostzie from Incarna/Divine. Good tank & attitude, even when continually wiping on Magtheridon...

Also seen in odd random heroic as DPS recently, equally good.

Yeah Ostzie was a great tank so good decision here Happy

Was watching an old video of Divine's first Lurker kill the other day I randomly found on my hard drive - fun memories ;)

I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Fast Badges'.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: