Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
GrimripperUK
Found the forum!

re: Grimripper - Resto Shaman [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex:Male
Nationality:English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name:Grimripper
Race:Draenei
Class:Shaman
Level:80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):11 days, 6 hours, 55 minutes, 12 seconds.
Talent Built(Armory link please):http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Grimripper
Set of glyphs used:Major: Glyph of Earth Shield, Glyph of Chain Heal, Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave. I usually swap LHW Glyph for Riptide glyph depends if I am raid/tank healing.
Minor:Water Shield, Water Walking, Renewed Life
Willing to respec (to another role)?I have Elemental spec available.
Professions and their level:Herbalism 391. Alchemy 377.

What are your primary roles during a raid?My Primary roles are to keep people alive, Whilst contributing with totems and heroism.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?I only made this character in WOTLK, So far I have done 2/4 Ulduar 10 and 25.
Toc 10 and 25. ICC 10 First wing.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. At the moment I am held done with a few RL things so im restricted to 2-3 raids a week. This should only last another 1 maybe 2 weeks then i will be able to raid 100%.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?ATm 2-3 but after my RL has been sorted 100%. I can sign up upfront.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?An Honorable Kill. No.. I dont really have any, Maybe Storming the Citadel 10.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?http://www1.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home/Laptops/laptop-alienware-m17x/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-alienware-m17x&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1 This is the computer I am currently using, Took 3 years of saving up to get that badboy, But I am liking the 60 FPS I get everywhere. Happy

Do you ever have latency problems?Nope

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?

Are you using any other addons?Grid, Clique, Recount.

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?Ofcourse.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?Grimripper is a courageous and brave Draenei.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?Around a year ago.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?I think I could improve by upping my game abit and doing more healing.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?PvE, RP, PVP. PvE is good because of the teamwork.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)6 hours a day on weekdays, Around 10 on weekends.

Do you share your account with anybody?Nope.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?I was in A levelling Dragons red fire just to sociallise with whilst levelling.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tastyTasty. Gnome chopped up and put inside a Strudel... Gorgeous.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! Oh.......

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Because the members I have met are very friendly and EoL are progressing well.

Why do you think we should choose you? Im a friendly guy.. I know my class and I love to raid.

Who can we contact for reference*?I dont really know anyone.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?I will be lvling my proffessions to max asap. ATM I cant raid much but as I explained above it will be sorted soon.
GrimripperUK
Found the forum!

Oops.. Forgot a question.
Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes I can.
Well thats what you getting writing a app at midnight.
Also my armory may not have updated but I have got Waistband of Despair from Frost badges and placed 2 20 haste and a 12sp/10 haste in it.
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Hai thar! and thanks for applying! I'm happy my Masterlooting didn't scare you of! wink

Me likes THIS sentence "This should only last another 1 maybe 2 weeks then i will be able to raid 100%." envy

Itemization also looks quite ok as far as I'm able to tell, exept that you would need to replace the mp5 enchant on youre chest with 10+stats.
Gear level is abit low, but not to low, if you can attend 100% raids it means you will pick up gear in no time! wink

Can't comment on specc so I'll leave it to Raz/Saraesa.

I healed with this guy in ToC25, he's awareness wasn't great but he seemed to have basic understanding of how to heal (had decent hps) and the tank he was healing didn't die, while mine did!
It might be a factor that he was healing Cham and I was healing random pugDKtank with 30k hp tough..>_<

Anyway that's abit OT *afraid of trashcan*

Imho you should get rid of herbalism as it doesn't give much for raiding exept a crappy HoT. You don't really need to level Alchemy since only reason you got it was Crazy Alchemist Potions and the extra durations of flasks right? I recommend replacing herbalism with something useful as JC.

I would like to see you in some real fights, before I make up my mind, are you busy for tommorow? Would be nice to see you heal some of the Ulduar hardmodes, if we got spots ofc. I'll poke Merke about it.
If you are able please be online at 14.00 server time just to be sure!Happy

Imo this apply looks quite good, you even managed the bold!

.Ps.

Keep in mind this is not my decision, I'm just bored and can't sleep! no comment

Can post, will post

Good friendly healer on toc/heroic :]

Nie gram, to spamuje

Well, he was in my ICC10 group yesterday, we managed to clear it 4/4 not even a wipe, and i must say that it couldn't be done without this guy, continuing on next wing today with him, and he definetly has my vouch aswell Happy

Saylier

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
GrimripperUK
Found the forum!

14:00 today is good for me. I will only have 3 maybe 4 hours if that is okay with you. Yes I actually mentioned dropping herb to ras, Its a matter of gold. I will be farming gold with herbalism then dropping it and lvling JC. ATM before the raid ill just lvl herb and alch Happy
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Grimripper, Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the assistant recruitment officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Raszagal is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

For starters, I should let you know that at them moment we have our recruitments on hold. This is because we are getting full on memebers and have alot of initiates to deal with, however on rare occations we do take good players in for a trial.

I've looked through your application and it seem fairly okay to me, tho I can't help but wonder are there really not anyone on the server you can refere to?
I also wonder why your professions are so low?

When Raszagal has given his opinion, possible issues has been solved, and our set up maker has given a verdict as to rather we have room for another healer I shall give my verdict as rather we will trial you or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

Found the forum!

Yeh im getting my proffessions up as we speak.
Blazeman / Shiv
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Hey Grim,

I did manage to get some quality time with this guy and i have played with him a number of times.

Generally he seems to be a nice guy and from an overview of his armoury he seems to know his class well as his spec (to me) seems to be in tip top shape

Just some advice, your mp5 is a little high i would avise dropping it some and maybe adding a touch more crit, but hey, what do i know about resto shammies

Overall he is a nice guy and maybe could do with a few minor gear upgrades and some ICC 25 experience before he is a regular in our raids

Lots of luck Grimripper mate, would be nice to have you in the team

-Genghus

Famous quotes from Mystikal:

Derdriu, should you die, my mockery will be both unending and merciless.
Mystikal has Died.

"Mystikal, move move!"
"IM MOVING. SHUT UP!!"

"Fuck you, Shiv"

...Whilst running random heroics, Halls of Stone comes up.
"Awww, fucking Balls of Stone, I hate this place"
Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

Did nicely in ToC10, happily solohealing while nublet em looked at the floor in great detail.

Posner™
Chatterbox

What madness is this? An applicant that understands wtf to do in Firefighter?
Excellent survivability + awareness, and a great ability to tank phase four!

Sign him up!

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

Basically what Posner said. Unless in the next few FF tries he shows he's a dick, this is a defo vouch and I'd be very dissapointed to not have him on trial.

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Haha it was quite funny, having 3 healers alive with one of them tanking the boss!

This guy got what it takes, WTB.

Found the forum!

Happy Status update.
Herbalism 450.
Alchemy 425 Happy
Saylier

Slacker! .. twisted

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: