Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Saylier

re: Saylier, Application [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Danish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Saylier
Race: Night Elf
Class: Death Knight
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 37 days
Talent Built(Armory link please):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Saylier
Set of glyphs used:
Tank:
Major Glyphs:
Glyph of Vampiric Blood
Glyph of Rune Strike
Glyph of Disease (thinking about replacing with DS glyph)
Minor Glyphs:
Glyph of Blood Tap
Glyph of Raise Dead
Glyph of Pestilence
DPS:
Major Glyphs:
Glyph of Dark Death
Glyph of Ghoul
Glyph of Disease
Minor Glyphs:
Glyph of Raise Dead
Glyph of Horn of Winter
Glyph of Blood tap
Willing to respec (to another role)?
Respecc'ing my talents? Only if i find it needed myself..
Professions and their level:
Mining 114
Jewelcrafting 143
What are your primary roles during a raid?
Being the main target of the encounter, knowing what to do, read the tacs through, being decent and quick to jump in when your allie's are in danger of any kind.
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
Onyxia's Lair 10/25
Vault of Archavon 10/25
Trial of the Crusader 10/25
Ulduar 10/25 The Siege 3/4
Naxxramas 10 2/4 wings
Obsidian Sanctum 10/25 1+ drake
Icecrown Citadel 10/25 (3/4 25 man)
Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 2/5
Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
Yes, at least 2+ days..
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
About 2-3, depends on what i have to do that weekend.
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
Salt and Pepper (10 player)
I've Gone and Made a Mess (10 player)
Twillight Assist (10 player)
What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
About 3 fps i think
Do you ever have latency problems?
It happens sometimes in 25 man raid instances, but not a very big deal..
Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
Already have those addons.
Are you using any other addons?
OmniCC
Quartz

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?
Yes I will
Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
He is a death knight, what can i say? .. Peacefull perhabs! :D

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?
About in the end of Vanilla i think (a few months before TBC was released)
What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
1.- Using my CD's on right times
2.- Release spirit more faster instead of chatting in /raid channel while letting 24 other people wait for me
3.- Being in raid on time and bring what i am told to have on me
PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PvE > RP/PvP))
How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
2-3 hours, meaby 5 in weekends..
Do you share your account with anybody?
Nope
What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
Echoes of Lordaeron
Lumé Quenta
Conundrum
Slayers of Gods
Protest
There are probably more but i do not remember them all..
How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
d) tall
Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
I can live with that
Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
Well, it has been a long time ago since i was really in a raiding guild, and im not gonna say that i dont deserve it, i know its my own fault, and i screwed a very good chance i got last time, which is unacceptable, but since im in love with EoL, and i think this is the guild where i should be, i want to give myself another try and re-apply here, now i hope that you are up to it aswell.
Why do you think we should choose you?
Because i believe in improvement, and i do think that i have done so, also i am a death knight, and we are the top elite on this server, you cant mess with us, and i think that another "experienced" (i would say so) death knight would be something you would need at the moment!
Who can we contact for reference*?
Grimripper
Fiskenlol/Galdreia/Invöker
Sollarius
Ronto
Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?
I have sorted my talents & glyphs for my new Unholy DPS specc, and i am almost geared tho now, missing these things only:

Feets: Farming Halls of Reflection for some lv 232 feets
Ring: Also farming Halls of Reflection for lv 232 ring
Trinket: (a better one than one of my currently) getting the one from Forge of Souls last boss to replace a lv 200 trinket
Helm: Saving triumph emblems for the lv 245 t9.5 non-set helm

Saylier

In your previous two applications you said you were intending to skill up Mining. In the last 2 months you haven't gained a single talent point, and you want us to think you have commitment to your character?

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Spec - Death rune mastery is probably better than spell deflection (which isn't very good) It'll increase your threat and RP generation (=more rune strikes + death coils in rune breaks).

Dps Spec - Swap glyph of disease for glyph of icy touch.

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Saylier

Derdriu. wrote:
Spec - Death rune mastery is probably better than spell deflection (which isn't very good) It'll increase your threat and RP generation (=more rune strikes + death coils in rune breaks).

Dps Spec - Swap glyph of disease for glyph of icy touch.

I do agree on your points, specially the one swapping out Spell Deflection with DRM, i could use some more threat on single target definetly Happy

Sorry but no

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Illva
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Re: Application

Saylier wrote:

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
Ulduar 10/25 The Siege 3/4
Naxxramas 10 2/4 wings

Wouldn't call this an experienced raider.

No vouch from me.

Last edited by Illva on 2010/01/25 13:44; edited 1 time in total
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I had a chat with Saylier in-game and he seemed sincere enough about wanting to try and make a better go this time around. I made him aware that I wouldn't speak for any member of the guild and that he'd have to apply and then see what happens.

His tanking seemed ok last trial around, just took advice a bit too critically and personally. A bit disappointed to see no movement on the professions front though.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

If it was my decision (delusions of grandeur ), there are some responses to questions in the app that would have me put down a hasty no.

But i'm more unforgiving and elitist than the guild's general attitude.

Waluin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Quote:

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
About 3 fps i think

That's scary if you're also raiding on that rig, unless Dalaran received major FPS-reducing "fixes" after I stopped.

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

I assumed that was a typo

Azlannagh
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Last time my major remarks were that you didn't specify WHY you left your guild and that you were unwillingly to respecc unless YOU think you need to respecc.

These problems still persist I see. I said in your Disillusion App that you were unable to learn from your mistakes. When I saw this app, I was hoping to be proven wrong, but faith played a cruel game and made you suck, once again.

The fact that you're only want to respecc when you think it's neccesairy implies that you think that you're pretty smart. The funny thing with most people who think that, is that they end up being dumbasses themselves.

Anyway, GL with the application.
I'm going to bed now.

Also known as Azlana or Monck
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Saylier, Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the assistant recruitment officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Xulgos is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

For starters, I should let you know that at them moment we have our recruitments on hold. This is because we are getting full on memebers and have alot of initiates to deal with, however on rare occations we do take good players in for a trial.

Not really sure what to say about your application, Im going to have to look through old posts and I'd like to hear what Xulgos has to say.
Yes we are a guild of second chances, but with the amount of memebers we have at the moment it's going to be hard taking in more.

When Xulgos has given his opinion, possible issues has been solved, and our set up maker has given a verdict as to rather we have room for another healer I shall give my verdict as rather we will trial you or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Extremely puzzled by the agility gem in your legs. Also you're about 1% over hit cap so I'm confused as to why you gemmed it.

You took the Ravenous Dead talent, points wasted if you don't have a permanent ghoul and better put in Improved IT. IMO also, 3 points in Scent of Blood? You'll find yourself struggling to dump RP. Death Rune Mastery is imba, as pointed out, NO idea why you didn't take it. Also Subversion is a good talent for extra threat (1st Tier), and taking Hysteria is advisable, since one of Blood's strengths is its raidbuffs. Plus it helps you with some snap aggro if you trust your healers enough.
Won't comment on your Unholy spec since I don't know enough about that.

You can also toss out Glyph of Disease, since it only saves you one GCD and loses you the damage applying your diseases (which increases extra threat). I'd replace it for Glyph of Death Strike, or - but this is personal - Death and Decay since Blood's 5-6 targets+ AoE threat is pretty weak compared to Frost.
This also applies to Unholy. Your DPS glyphing seems a hybrid between AOE and Single Target DPS glyphing. For singletarget Dark Death and Ghoul are fine, but IT is better than Disease. For AoE, IT is also superior to the other options and you should get D&D in that case - for AoE Disease however is good.

~Meky

re: Application

Quote:
Extremely puzzled by the agility gem in your legs. Also you're about 1% over hit cap so I'm confused as to why you gemmed it.

I prefer agillity instead of pure dodge/parry in red gems, the reason why it is only my legs/wait who has got that is because i rather do the others by the time, forexample if i get some new hands next week i gem it my new way of course. I also understand that you are a bit confused about the hit cap thing.. Well, before i got this new sword you see, i wasent hit capped, so instead of gemming 10 defense + 15 stamina on yellow sockets i did hit instead of the defense (im def capped anyway) but will do defense on my new ones for sure in the future Happy

Also i do agree on some of your points about my talents, i will go for death rune mastery instead of Spell Deflection, but i wanna keep Scent of Blood since i need the RP for Runic Strikes and Death Coils. I will also change abit around on my glyphs now, thanks for your comments, they were very usefull.

Saylier

re: Application

Quote:
The fact that you're only want to respecc when you think it's neccesairy implies that you think that you're pretty smart.

You are really missing the point out that this is MY character, - just because i am applying here dosent mean that i let you manipulate my character as you want, because then it wouldn't be my character ;)

I am open for your opinion, i am really, i would really like to hear anything you have to say about what you think i have done wrong about my specc, but that dosent mean that this is my only way into Echoes of Lordaeron, because in the end this is my character, and i should respecc if i find it needed by myself, not on your orders.

Saylier

Page 1 of 5

Jump to: