Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

re: Saylier, Application [Declined]

You can't expect people to tolerate you not playing your character optimally in a dificult raid - it's just rude and selfish.

I don't know why tanks obsess about 26 expertise. The dodge cap is prety irrelevant for you since you're attacking from infront.

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Xulgos
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Dear Saylier,

Thank you for applying to EoL.
Due to my knowledge about your character already and previous assessment of your gear, I'll not bother to give an extencive write up on all that.

At the moment EoL is full on Death Knights. This counts for both tanking and dpssing ones. (yes, we do still need mainhealing DK's, and if you can fill such a spot, you're instantly in! Good luck on that though.)

As per agreement with the guild recruiter, only an exceptional good player gets a chance to join EoL while the ranks are full.

While you are not a bad player at all, you are not such a player (yet?).
As such, my advice to the recruiter is to not give you a trial.

As much as I atmire your courage to keep applying here and your persistence in getting better at the game, your class and attitude, you are at the moment just not fit to join EoL in my opinion.

EoL is all about second chances. This is true. You had a lot of second chances already, indeed. As such I'd only consider a new application if other well respected guilds on our server would have officers that would vouch for your skill, attitude and dedication, to prove you have -really- changed your ways. With such a vouch I mean that they vouch out of a long standing experience with you. As of now, I have none of those.

To the rest of our dear guildies:
To me the matter is settled honestly and fairly. There is no further need to comment on Saylier's application any more. Thank you for your opinions and votes, I've taken them in consideration while making my desicion to what to advice to our recruiter.

With the utmost respect,

Saylier wrote:

Agility gives you Armor, Critical hits and Dodge, why would i go pure dodge then?

*waves at xulgos* I didnt know you had come back too!

But on the bit I highlighted, its particurly important if you want to tank in raids.

Generaly to be the most effective a tank goes out of their way to increase their 'effective health' or EH

Put very simply its the raw amount of damage you can take before dieing, and often expressed as an amount of time you can survive without being healed. Due to the current game mechanics, I.E diminishing returns on avoidence, the best way to increase your EH is not by stacking avoidence (which is at best playing roulette with your raid) but by whacking on insane amounts of health and mitigation.

It would take ages to explain via a forum so instead I've got a really helpful link for you!

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?59900-Comprehensive-Guide-to-Death-Knight-Tanking

That is everything you could ever want to know about DK tanking, written by the people who clear hardmodes on the PTR before they are even released!

I'd really suggest looking over the tankspot website too, so much useful information about things like your EH, and how you should be gemming!
Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

(Miriel is busy, so I offered to deal with this one)

Saylier, I'm sorry but I haven't seen enough of a change in attitude over the past couple of weeks to warrant a retrial at this time. If this was not the case, I would still have difficulty fitting you into my tanking team, as we are currently at capacity.

Application Declined.

Good luck in your guild search

Emee

Saylier

Laerel1 wrote:
Saylier wrote:

Agility gives you Armor, Critical hits and Dodge, why would i go pure dodge then?

*waves at xulgos* I didnt know you had come back too!

But on the bit I highlighted, its particurly important if you want to tank in raids.

Generaly to be the most effective a tank goes out of their way to increase their 'effective health' or EH

Put very simply its the raw amount of damage you can take before dieing, and often expressed as an amount of time you can survive without being healed. Due to the current game mechanics, I.E diminishing returns on avoidence, the best way to increase your EH is not by stacking avoidence (which is at best playing roulette with your raid) but by whacking on insane amounts of health and mitigation.

It would take ages to explain via a forum so instead I've got a really helpful link for you!

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?59900-Comprehensive-Guide-to-Death-Knight-Tanking

That is everything you could ever want to know about DK tanking, written by the people who clear hardmodes on the PTR before they are even released!

I'd really suggest looking over the tankspot website too, so much useful information about things like your EH, and how you should be gemming!

That was alot of usefull information, thank you.

Page 5 of 5

Jump to: