Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Teräsbetoni

re: Warlock looking for a new home (declined)

REAL LIFE

Sex: male
Nationality: Finnish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Isänitro
Race: Gnome
Class: Warlock
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Is%C3%A4nitro
Set of glyphs used: Look at wowarmory
Willing to respec (to another role)? Sure, if needed
Professions and their level: Look at wowarmory

What are your primary roles during a raid? Ranged dps

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?

ICC10m with guild, some pug runs 25m
ToC10&25 with guild and pugs
ToGC10 with guild

and older raids too eg. naxx, ulduar, ony, os, eoe etc...

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.

It's not problem to me...

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?

2-5 per week, it's sounds good for me... Of course I commit earlier if I come or not.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? All achievements you'll be seen in wowarmory

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?

Need to buy new one, but AMD 64 X2 5000+ (2,6 GHz), Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS, 3 GT DDR2, 21" monitor, Wireless headphones + logitech microphone

Dalaran FPS: 25 // Raids: 30 - 55

Do you ever have latency problems? Sometimes, thanks for net provider normal latency to server is ~125

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?

Yes!

Are you using any other addons?

I use couple of addons already eg. recount, omen3, dbm, bartender4

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?

Im clear! Don't worry... and I don't use any abusive language!

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? 2007

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Raid experience and PVP

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?

PvE, coz i like teamwork and there was more challenges

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)

sometimes only 1-2 h/d, but usually over 8 hours.

Do you share your account with anybody? No!

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?

SiSu, there isn't free dps spot to raids anymore, so it's better look a new guild.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty

tasty

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!

I'm Gnome, so don't worry.. i don't eat them :P

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?

I like you so much, not any bad to say. Good reputation in this realm.

Why do you think we should choose you?

Because i'm gnome... oh... have i say something else?

I am a reliable, open, helpful and knowledgeable player

Who can we contact for reference*?

Santa Claus maybe... forgot that.. Test me or something else...

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

Hopefully, the decision comes quickly..

Best Regards,
Isänitro (FatherNitro)
Teräsbetoni

Oh sorry... I forgot to say...

Played with this character: ~23 days

Played with retri/tank paladin: ~66 days

Wowarmory link for that:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Nemokhan

retri gs over 5300 (t10 shoulders and hands)

I'll respond to your guestions, if you have something specials for me...
Pity
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Hey mate, good luck!

I think you should change your glyphs though. For your affliction build you should ditch glyph of corruption as the dps increase it provides isn't significant at all and glyph of siphon life of course. Instead get Glyph of Quick Decay (which is imba) and Glyph of Haunt. For destro, 4-5 months ago when i still played at least, glyph of immolate provided a greater dps increase than glyph of life tap. I don't know if that's changed though, so better wait for Sullin for that.

Both specs look good but don't you wanna use fel puppy as affliction? I think you should ditch the points from improved imp and put them into improved felhunter. You can place the remaining point into Fel Synergy to keep your best friend alive ;)

Well, i can't comment on gemming cause i remember nothing about stat balance and stuff have propably changed so i'll leave that to sullin too ;p

Overall very nice application, again good luck.

Edit: Gemming is perfect, although you could change the one on your boots with a 23 sp one. That's minor though.

2nd Edit: Well i just noticed. You should have spent a bit more time on your application. Yeah, we can indeed look up some things on the armory but the questions are there for you to answer and show your dedication. And read more carefully the achievement question please. It's point is not eol to see what achievements you got but which ones YOU believe are worthy showing ;p

Last edited by Pity on 2010/01/27 17:30; edited 2 times in total
Styiez
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

More Finnish is never a bad thing.
We already have quite a few. Me, BBQ-Arnie, and I swear to Jimmy there was atleast 1 more dude whose alt is Kuplapoika, but whose mains name I can't recall -.-"

But to the point.
Good luck with your application, FatherNitro.
Toivottavasti käy hyvin.

Styiez wrote:
Toivottavasti käy hyvin.
Google translator told me that means "Hopefully, that's fine."

Nie gram, to spamuje
Waluin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Once upon a time, there were swedes in this guild...

Once upon a time...

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Sunnybunny
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

right, armoury literaly went down as i was scanning this >.> ( had to close the armoury as it was giving me errors on your gear and then the armory gave me the: we are down, page)

what i saw:

your raw SP lookes low. no 2 ways about it.
you had a weapon with mp5. WTF IS THAT ABOUT!?? theres no way at all to be polite that any sign of mp5 means that either you have no idea what locks like or you either have no idea what locks like.

talisman of volatile power: i'd rather raid naked than admit to equiping it. its BAAAAADDD!!!!!

ill update this when the armoury updates.

oh: mining is shit. get a better profession.full stop. ----> .

Styiez wrote:
More Finnish is never a bad thing.
We already have quite a few. Me, BBQ-Arnie, and I swear to Jimmy there was atleast 1 more dude whose alt is Kuplapoika, but whose mains name I can't recall -.-"

But to the point.
Good luck with your application, FatherNitro.
Toivottavasti käy hyvin.

It's mine alt ofc :D
Sullin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Hey there, thanks for applying.

Here are some things I noticed while looking over your character:

Gear - 2x T10, 3x T9 and a lot of heroic gear. I think you farmed for emblems quite a lot to get all this. Your weapon is good spellpower wise, but it is really bad to have Black Magic on it. It has been proven quite often that it doesn't benefit you more than the 63 spellpower one.

As Sunny said (just follow everything he pointed out, it's good Happy) your spellpower is very low. I know this doesn't show fel armor, but it's still on the low side. And indeed, get another trinket. Dying curse or something along those lines is far superior to this piece of junk you have now Happy Also, your hit could use a small boost, could be done by equiping more hit gear.

Talents & Glyphs
Your aff build looks ok. I would however drop the corruption glyph and go for the life tap one. The free cast you get from corruption still costs a GCD, and it's far better to keep up lifetap for more spellpower (which you obviously need).
Your destro build is also good. Not the soul leech one, but it's not really needed anymore for most raids. Glyphs are also fine. Pity was right, quite a while ago though Happy Now that life tap lasts for 40 seconds, and we've gone up a lot in spirit, the benefits are greater.

Now for the hard part: We're currently pretty well stocked on warlocks (4 actives), and I don't really want to go past that number. So I'm sorry, but there is simply no space for you at the moment.

Sunnybunny wrote:

you had a weapon with mp5. WTF IS THAT ABOUT!?? .

Yes I know that... Problem was that, I'm waiting when drops better, with same spell power or better.

And some says black magic would be much better than +63sp ench.
Give more haste and warlocks need that too, coz their casting time sucks a little bit.
Teräsbetoni

Sullin wrote:
Gear - 2x T10, 3x T9 and a lot of heroic gear. I think you farmed for emblems quite a lot to get all this.

Now for the hard part: We're currently pretty well stocked on warlocks (4 actives), and I don't really want to go past that number. So I'm sorry, but there is simply no space for you at the moment.

Thats right, so i need a good raid guild to fix that shit or run more pugs.

Looks like this realm top10 is full, sadly but this is true...
I'm very happy if you decide to take me wink
Pity
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Well he respecced and changed glyphs in no time when he was asked to do tbh (although he screwed up a bit on the glyphs, shouldn't remove glyph of life tap but the corruption one). Well that shows dedication imo and it's a good sign.
Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I hate to be the blunt prick here though;
Sullin wrote:

Then again, Sullín has an advising role towards our Recruitment Officer(s).
They might respond quickly, or might leave the application open to see some more reactions and such.

Either way, thank you for applying, GL! wink

Chillchaos wrote:

Then again, Sullín has an advising role towards our Recruitment Officer(s).
They might respond quickly, or might leave the application open to see some more reactions and such.

Either way, thank you for applying, GL! wink

Thx for information... Chill, your avatar picture was funny... LOL! Agreed that.. haha
Styiez
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Robinxx wrote:
Styiez wrote:
Toivottavasti käy hyvin.
Google translator told me that means "Hopefully, that's fine."

Google translator is like giving me phrases to translate from English to German.
What the phrase meant was "Hopefully everything turns out well" regarding his application.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: