Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Azade1
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Tríngle - Shadow Priest (Accepted)

Besides saurfang there is not one single fight where u should recast swp.
You are loosing v.valuable GCD's when u refresh ur SWP. ATM u are not supposed to do it since it is bugged. If u pop all ur cds on trinkets and weavering before casting swp its a major dps gain, which is lost when u recast.

Recasting SWP cause of glyph of shadow is simply silly btw.

And yeah I know what dispersion is.
If something is goiing to kill you then u are doing something wrong aka threat +fade= u are good
or the tanks have died which means that after dispersion ends u will end as well.
If you say that you can die at any fight then u have problems with survivavility/threat/ random boss abilities awareness.

Dispersion is a very imba skill
eg it can be use on fester during blight
But then again when u have to use it again the cd is over.

Glyph of dispersion is good for only like 2 fights: AN HM and algalon (if u have to stay outside).

While in dispersion u are as good for the raid as if u were dead, at least for the duration of the fight.
Atm icc fight are very dps demanding so u dont have simply the margin of dispersing too much ---> glyph of dispersion will be useless on sych fights as eg. rotface, fester, proffessor etc.
So u are basically saying u are going with only 2/3 major glyphs.

If u drop focused mind for the improved vampiric ewmbrace u will be thankful for the SWP glyph.

And although IVE may not heal sooo much, some of the icc fights as well as Anub HM , this talent is very useful. IVE makes the healerz life a bit easier, first because u heal urself for much more, and 2nd u help heal ur party.

An alternative to SWP glyph is SWD glyph which is a minor dps increase.

Tringle
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Azade1 wrote:
Besides saurfang there is not one single fight where u should recast swp.
You are loosing v.valuable GCD's when u refresh ur SWP. ATM u are not supposed to do it since it is bugged. If u pop all ur cds on trinkets and weavering before casting swp its a major dps gain, which is lost when u recast.

Erm, not true? On AnubHM 25 I constantly have to refresh SWP as I'm using MindSear more often than MindFlay. I've had to refresh on Putricide, Saurfang, Gunship, Rotface... And I can guarantee you'll be doing it on Sindragosa, Dreamwalker and The Lich King.

Azade1 wrote:
If you say that you can die at any fight then u have problems with survivavility/threat/ random boss abilities awareness.

I was talking hypothetically, and I've seen countless occurrences of very unlucky deaths. Putri is just full of them and dispersion has saved my butt a few times on that fight. Dispersion also allows me to run through the shit making my life easier and increasing my uptime

Azade1 wrote:
While in dispersion u are as good for the raid as if u were dead, at least for the duration of the fight.
Atm icc fight are very dps demanding so u dont have simply the margin of dispersing too much ---> glyph of dispersion will be useless on sych fights as eg. rotface, fester, proffessor etc.

Firstly, I still have 3 dots ticking for those 6 seconds, so I'm not as good as dead. Secondly, You say this like I'm popping Dispersion every cooldown. Its just a very viable glyph that means I can have 90% reduced damage more often INCASE something goes wrong. SWP glyph is NOT a major glyph, its not even needed, which is why I went back to Glyph of Dispersion which for me seems a hell of a lot more viable in ICC and TotGC.

From EJ --------

Recommended Glyphs

Major Glyphs
[Glyph of Mind Flay]
[Glyph of Shadow]
[Glyph of Dispersion]

Minor
[Glyph of Shadowfiend]

Optional Glyphs

[Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain]
[Glyph of Fortitude]
[Glyph of Shadow Protection]
[Glyph of Levitate]

[Glyph of Mind Sear] is very very useful on several fights where you will use it a lot. Again, for Anub I reccomend ditching the glyph of mindflay for the glyph of mindsear, depending on which strategy you use to tank the adds.

Hey there. I'm afraid I'm mostly AFK at the moment, and I see Azade has already got in on asking you about your spec, glyphs, gems and stuff. As CR I'll give you my opinion anyway, since there seem to be arguments.

Spec: Personally I prefer Improved Vampiric embrace and Inner Focus over Focused Mind. If you have mana problems in most fights in the game, you're doing something wrong to be honest, and those fights where is is an issue, it's because of multidotting. Focused Mind doesn't even reduce the mana cost of your cots, so all around I don't find it too useful. However I'll admit that Imp. VE and Inner focus aren't incredible either (though using IF with Divine Hymn or Mind Sear can have great effects). but I like the little extra healing. Gives the healers one less person to trouble themselves with when Decimate goes down.

Glyphs: Same major glyphs as me. I lieks. If you don't have mana problems then you're better off with Glyph of Dispersion, just because if's situationally exceptionally useful. *cough* Algalon *cough*. Professor phase changes and Festergut are other places where it's useful. Azade is right about the minor glyphs, Shadow Protection is nice. nothing to worry about, though.

Gear: Azade is right, Nevermelting Ice Crystal is an excellent trinket. When you refresh SWP with 'flay, it refreshes spelldmg and boss debuffs, bot not crit. I macro my NIC into shadow word: pain for the extra 20% or so crit on that spell, permanently. It used to work with Haste as well on the PTR, which is a major reason why they stopped letting it scale with haste.
Argent Rseolve isn''t terrible but you'll probably pick up an upgrade soon in somewhere like ToC10, ToGC10 or the 25-man versions. They're not hard to find now, and the hilt weapon is also an excellent upgrade. Also, put Black Magic on it (unless you's also your healing weapon or something?). The haste proc is invaluable, and worth more spell power (though it isn't as good as the +81 on staffs).
Why aren't you gemming for the socket bonus in your boots, belt, chest or shoulders? 17.5 + 7 > 23, 22 + 3.52 > 23.

Achievements: Fine.

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Isvan wrote:

Gear: Azade is right, Nevermelting Ice Crystal is an excellent trinket. When you refresh SWP with 'flay, it refreshes spelldmg and boss debuffs, bot not crit. I macro my NIC into shadow word: pain for the extra 20% or so crit on that spell, permanently. It used to work with Haste as well on the PTR, which is a major reason why they stopped letting it scale with haste.
Argent Rseolve isn''t terrible but you'll probably pick up an upgrade soon in somewhere like ToC10, ToGC10 or the 25-man versions. They're not hard to find now, and the hilt weapon is also an excellent upgrade. Also, put Black Magic on it (unless you's also your healing weapon or something?). The haste proc is invaluable, and worth more spell power (though it isn't as good as the +81 on staffs).
Why aren't you gemming for the socket bonus in your boots, belt, chest or shoulders? 17.5 + 7 > 23, 22 + 3.52 > 23.

Achievements: Fine.

Been waiting for a weapon upgrade for a -long- time. As i've said, I'm very unlucky when it comes to weapons.
The gemming has been explained already, was due to my JC'er only having one pattern and me being in a rush. I have more than enough emblems to replace them, just keeping an eye for ellee cause I know s/he has them.

And Yes, I used to be a healer and thats why I have a MP5 Mace with SP. Not a fucking hope I'm putting Black Magic on that weapon though, I'll wait for an upgrade.

The only fights I use Nevermelting is Marrowgar, Deathwhisper, Twins.. Anythings thats basically Stand and Nuke because I'm sure SWP will not drop. Fights with multidotting or phase changes I'd usually use EotBM.

ShadowPriest.com BRGA thread- Trinkets. Anub'arak, Northrend Beasts, Blood Princes and the ICC end bosses are, as far as I can tell, the only fights where there is going to be a target change lasting up to 24 seconds you have to handle. To be honest even without it, you only have to gain a total of 66 effective spelldmg average from the use to get it to be better than the Eye. If it's only up for a total of half of a fight it's still breaking even.

Fair enough on all the other points however.

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

I hate use trinkets!

Tringle wrote:
I hate use trinkets!

We all hate'em, but the trick is to have something to constantly remind you about using them.

Personally I use PowerAuras. I made it so that if a trinket is off cooldown, I will get an icon on my screen, so that I am reminded to use it. It works with practically everything, including combining two criterias, for example if you got less than 80% mana, and a mana trinket is off cooldown, you will get an icon popping up. Also works for any abilities that you might wanna use as well as any buffs, (serendipity, shadow power, blablabla). I recommend that you try it out if the reason you hate use trinkets is because you always seem to forget using them. If it's just because you don't know when to use the trinket, then just use it whenever you can, unless you gotta nuke at one point.

Accordin to shadowpriest.com these are the best trinkets:
Quote:
Trinket:
#01 Dislodged Foreign Object

Icecrown: Rotface / Normal-25 / Calculated with simcraft
376.4 = 224+155*0.98

#02 Phylactery of the Nameless Lich(277)

Icecrown: Sindragosa / Heroic-25 / Proc is guestimate
318.72 = 172*0.76+188

#03 Reign of the Unliving(258) / Reign of the Dead(258)

ToC: Anubarak / Heroic-25 / Calculated with simcraft
303.0 = 168+135

#04 Muradin's Spyglass(264)

Icecrown: Gunship Battle / Heroic-10 / Calculated with simcraft
296.06 = 181+152*0.76

#05 Phylactery of the Nameless Lich(264)

Icecrown: Sindragosa / Normal-25 / Proc is guestimate
282.52 = 152*0.76+167

#06 Reign of the Unliving(245) / Reign of the Dead(245)

ToC: Anubarak / Normal-25 / Calculated with simcraft
270.4 = 150+120.4

#07 Muradin's Spyglass(251)

Icecrown: Gunship Battle / Normal-10 / Calculated with simcraft
262.78 = 163+131*0.76

#08 Flare of the Heavens

Ulduar: General Vezax / Raid-25 Hardmode / Calculated with simcraft
246.4 = 120*0.76+155.2

#09 Nevermelting Ice Crystal

Pit of Saron / Heroic-5
237.97 = 111+126.97

#10 Althor's Abacus(277)

Icecrown: Gunship Battle / Heroic-25
201.0 = 201

#11 Abyssal Rune

ToC-5 / Normal-5 / Calculated with simcraft
197.32 = 84*0.98+115

#12 Illustration of the Dragon Soul

195.6 = +195.6

#13 Scale of Fates

Ulduar: Thorim / Normal-25
195.56 = 125+72*0.98

#14 Embrace of the Spider

Naxx / Normal-10 / Maexxna - Calculated with simcraft
188.0 = 98+90

#15 Althor's Abacus(264)

Icecrown: Gunship Battle / Normal-25
179.0 = 179

#16 Eye of the Broodmother

Ulduar: Razorscale / Normal-10 / Calculated with simcraft
178.96 = 87*0.76+112.84

As u can see nevermelting ice crystal is 9th while eye of broodmother is 16...
So ur math is wrong
Change the trinket

Ellee!
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

long fights NIC is better, but in shorter fights the other is,

you gotta remember SWP is only about 20% of our damage and upping its crit tby 20% is only adding 3-4% dps to it, really its not that much different, dont take everything shadowpriest.com says to heart simcraft isnt infallable.

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Obvious shadowpriest.com is a pile of festering Bellcheese Althor's abacus better then EoTBM? i think bloody not its got a fucking heal proc

Chatterbox

Dwarf Male Priest + Tringle's is bigger + A nice player + Dwarf Male Priest = Vouch

Azade1 wrote:
[glyph of shadow protection] is better than [glyph of fortitude]

Lollie. Personally, I can't remember fights that last 20 minutes (except for CoS/Oculus timed). However, there are a lot of fights in which one or more players die and need a Fortitude rebuff. You do the math.
Azade1
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Single buff maybe?
And as Isvan said earlier at this point shadowpriests dont have mana probs, so its pointless to glyph for mana reduction. Even if u decide to buff the whole raid a couple of times during the raid u still have a lot of mana.
while shadow protection offers the posibility to not buff so often, so it offers commodity.
Quote:

ts got a fucking heal proc

What has a healing proc riha?

Quote:
long fights NIC is better, but in shorter fights the other is,

unless u are planning to raid naxx or single pull every fuckin mob, there are no short fights in icc or even togc.
Shortest boss fights last at least 5 mins, which is not considered a short fight, is it?

Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

althor's abacus a trinket shadowpriest.com says is better than eye of the broodmother its got a chance on heal proc rofl i say whoever compiled that list needs his head examining then you need to explain to everyone why in gods name when no fight lasts half an hour we should glyph to make a buff last that long is it so hard to click the button again.

Imo the only mandatory minor glyph is shadowfiend the rest are personal flavor and purely up to the player and you shouldnt judge because they dont do it your way

Chatterbox

I dont judge people because they dont do it my way.

Any site concerning shadow priest will tell you that glyph of shdow protection is the one prefered.
Furthermore, Isvan also agrees with that.

So Riha are u telling me all those sites, Isvan and myself are wrong?

Definitely one of the useful minor glyphs for priests since it makes SP less bothersome to keep up in PvP, reduces the time and mana spent rebuffing the raid in PvE. the normal shadow protection expires after already 10 mins and the prayer one after 20 mins.

Moreover, buffing needs candles, candles need money, so less candles used for rebuffing= more money for those that have financial troubles in-game.

Sure the "major" minor glyph is shadowfiend and the other 2 more optional. This doesnt mean however that the other two have in a way been standardized to leviation and shadow protection.

And tbh riha we are discussing how is nevermelting trinket better than eye of broodmother. Sure they might have done a mistake about one trinket. However, since u are not so aware of the mechanics of shadow riha, u may not know how much better nevermelting is.
I used to use another trinket, isvan told me to try and I did. And in fact I saw an increase in my dps.

Ellee!
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

im sorry picking up on minor glyphs is pathetic, its the one thing that pissed me off on my initiate post, people nitpicking at exceptionally minor things,

OH SHIT BALLS HE GOT ONE POINT IN BENEDICTION IN HIS PROT SET... well its a dead point anyway so stfu.

secondly if anyone mentioned my minor glyphs i would have just completely ignored their post as minor glyphs, as implied by the name, are minor.

As long as the core shit is right, point people in the right direction but for god sake dont nitpick at peoples threads for the sake of saying something.

The difference between eye and NIC isnt that huge, yes if used correctly NiC is better, point it out but jesus no need to completely rail road a thread. In any fight where SWP will drop off NIC is shit fullstop, ur better off using eye or abyssal.

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: