Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Giobhnio

re: Giobhnio "Holy main Ret off" [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Dutch

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Giobhnio
Race: Dwarf
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 59 Days 21 hours and 13 minutes
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Giobhnio&gn=GryphonHammers
Set of glyphs used: See the talent build in the armory
Willing to respec (to another role)? I am willing to respec to retribution and I have the gear to do proper dps in it. Tanking would be harder.
Professions and their level: Jewelcrafting 424 and Alchemy..1 "Just changed mining for alchemy so I still have to level it.

What are your primary roles during a raid?

Healing the main and off tank or Tank and semi raid healing.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?

I have done All the WotLK raids. Notable are OS 3D 10. Attempt at 25 man but failed at the last drake "Sadly" Ulduar 10 and 25 both till Vezzax. Sadly never got to down yogg. Tribute to skill in ToGC 10. Cleared ICC 10 and 25 up to gunship. I know the suarfang fight but sadly there hasn't been a proper pug to clear it in ;)

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.

I can raid most days from 19:00 till 23:00. On monday, thuesday and Wednesday I cannot due to School and sport.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?

I am willing to commit myself to a minimum of 2 raids a week and if possible 3 and ofcourse I can commit to those a few days ahead. that is the best way to raid rather then deciding on the actual day

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?

I have to say that up to a few weeks ago ret was my main spec so as for notable achievements I do have some but those were done as a DPS. I do know my stuff as a paladin healer so that is okay. But as ret I have achieved to OS 3D and a tribute to skill in ToC 10.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?

Atm I am using a laptop but that is due to the fact that I am living with my dad for a while "I would like to keep the reason to myself" at my moms I have a good pc standing that runs at 60 FPS in dalaran and about 30 in 25 man raids. On my laptop I do manage to raid both 10 and 25 mans just fine. I run with about 15-20 FPS in raids

Do you ever have latency problems?

I never have latency problems

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?

I can use and install those add ons. I use all of them except for the FMR one already

Are you using any other addons?

I use decursive and pallypower, Grid and pitbull for raiding.

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12835-FavUI.html

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?

I do know and respect the RP rules of scarshield "I have been a RP'r for two years on a different game"

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

My character at the moment is not involved in any RP's yet. I want to get his Roleplaying gear sorted first and then I can start getting a story for myself.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?

I started playing wow a year ago

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?

At the moment I can't think of much besides that I would like improve my gear a bit and ofcourse get that proffesion up. but other then that I think I am doing quite fine as a holy/ret paladin "Not to be ego ;)"

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?

PvE: It's fun to play, you get to know people and it has it's ups and downs and the ups can be incredibly fun. The downs may not always be good but a raid without mistakes aint fun either Happy

RP: Also the part of getting to know people and that it is always different. and I love having good looking gear ^_^

PvP: The simple reason for me hating PvP is that I am absolute shit at it :D and that's about it

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)

About 4 to 10 hours a day.

Do you share your account with anybody?

Never.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?

The rumsey rumblers: Left because at that time I did not have any fun in the game anymore so I went to silvermoon where i must say I have had a good time. then after a month or so I got asked if I wanted to join a horde guild of a friend of me

The dedicated few: This was the guild on SSL horde that I went to. I had high hopes and we were doing pretty good untill we disbanded

Circus: Joined them for a short while because their riading times were ideal to my schedule. but I missed something and so I went back to SSL alliance where it all started Happy

Gryphon hammers: Lovely guild but it just isn't something meant for me. the raid times are at 21:00 which for me is too late to start at cuz it usually lasts till 1:00 and that just isn't for me.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty

B! but being a ex horde for a little while I will also say C!

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!

Oh noez! Not zeh gnome Aslong as he doesn't steal my pants or tries to sell me a cat it's all kay.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?

The raiding times suit what I can do and As of lately a friend from one of the earlier guilds has joined Echoes ranking "Tringle" and I thought it would be fun to continue raiding with him and ofc the rest of echoes.

Why do you think we should choose you?

I know my stuff as both a Holy paladin and a Retribution. and I have the skill in both to back it up.

Who can we contact for reference*?

You can contact Trinlge as a reference for me seeing that I have raided with him in The dedicated Few Happy

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

Not really. just that you need a epic zomg healer like me in your ranks? "Ego much" ;P
Ellee!
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

ooo if ur gonna be arrogant in an app u better hope its perfect Happy

only one question from me, why no aura mastery or divine guardian? Both are fantastic raid tools and should be part of any raiding holy paladins toolbox.

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Giobhnio

Ellee! wrote:
ooo if ur gonna be arrogant in an app u better hope its perfect Happy

only one question from me, why no aura mastery or divine guardian? Both are fantastic raid tools and should be part of any raiding holy paladins toolbox.

Haha ;P I did my best to make it perfect :P
As of lately I have been thinking to lose the points in imp wisdom and put them in aura mastery and a extra point in divinity. it's been a while since I changed my spec so that's why.

As for Divine guardian.
Untill I hit the 35k unbuffed mana I am going to stick to my Crit spec which is better for long fights that require alot of mana.
I also have not done that many ICC fights that required the healing and raid utility that a Holy/Prot spec gives.
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

The crit from being holy/ret spec is worth somethin like 60 MP5 under ideal conditions for crit regen (non-stop holy light spam). If you're comparing to holy/prot, it's only worth about 30 MP5 because as holy/prot you don't need to refresh sacred shield so often.

The extra effective healing that crit gives you is negligable at best. Realistically crit will just increase your overhealing.

Can you explain the reasoning behind chosing the flash of light glyph over glyph of beacon of light? The beacon glyph saves you alot of mana + 1 GCD every 3 mins (in some fights that really does matter). Whereas the extra crit on flash of light is almost meaningless for both regen and output.

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Giobhnio

The fact that I still have the glyph of flash of light is indeed a mistake that has to be changed. I have had that since the time that my mana pool was around the 24k I think. at those times every extra crit would be incredibly usefull. I shall change that glyph as fast as possible ^_^
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Giobhnio wrote:
The fact that I still have the glyph of flash of light is indeed a mistake that has to be changed. I have had that since the time that my mana pool was around the 24k I think. at those times every extra crit would be incredibly usefull. I shall change that glyph as fast as possible ^_^

That shows a bit of a misunderstanding of mechanics in my opinion.

For one, you're only using flash of light when the healing is not intense enough to justify using holy lights. If you find yourself thinking "Hmm, I need more crit on my flash of lights to put out enough healing" Then you should probably be using holy light instead. If you're using flash of lights because you're out of mana, then the glyph of beacon would have saved you way more mana than 5% more flash of light crits ever could.

Crit is bad as a throughput stat in general (almost always goes to overheal). Crit on a spell that you only use when the healing is easy already is irrelevant.

Giobhnio

You are about 75% right there and I apologize for noticing this fact too late but there is on mistake in what you are saying. Crit for a paladin is about the most important stat besides Intellect. Because due to a nice talent Paladins get mana returns from crit heals. Back then that was the reason why I had that glyph.

PS: I used to be a FoL spammer so that is also a reason why I had that glyph. Now I use Holy light most of the time and as you say on low healing needed flashes.
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Crit lost a huge amount of it's value when they nerfed illumination. MP5 is now almost twice as good as crit for regen purposes under ideal crit conditions (chain-casting HL). Obviously MP5 is even better if you have breaks in your casting.

Vague stat priority system for holy paladin would look like:

Int>Haste>MP5>crit>SP

Giobhnio

meh, that all depends on your own oppinion.

I still prefer crit and haste over MP5 and haste.

Since most crit's may be overhealed but the more I crit the bigger the heals that the glyph of holy light does will give.

And to be honest. A paladin will always overheal. Crit or no crit.

But as I said, in the end for crit/haste, haste/mp5 it's all about what you find youself healing better.
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

You write that although healing isnt a matter of life and death
Ellee!
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Giobhnio wrote:
meh, that all depends on your own oppinion.

I still prefer crit and haste over MP5 and haste.

Since most crit's may be overhealed but the more I crit the bigger the heals that the glyph of holy light does will give.

And to be honest. A paladin will always overheal. Crit or no crit.

But as I said, in the end for crit/haste, haste/mp5 it's all about what you find youself healing better.

you go for go for crit haste over haste/mp5 then you will have less effective mana than someone who goes for the latter, that person will be able to last longer spamming HL and then use plea a lot less. Therefore healing more overall. If you have not healed icc25 then your mana pool will be in for a shock on some of those fights and you will be wishing you will hve more mana, its not a "personal preference" its a fundamental fact that mp5 provides more mana than crit.

I have 40k mana buffed in raids and i wish i had more in a lot of fights.

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

The larger splash heals from GloHL are a factor to consder, but those heals will very rarely make the difference between life and death (druids spam rejuv, priests spam renew/CoH/PoM/PoH, in reality throwing more into the mix will usually just be more overheal).

However, you going oom, or having to use divine plea at an unsafe time IS a major risk that will make people die. This is why I am shooting for MP5 over crit.

Remember as well that crit is unreliable, in my view all classes/specs in WoW should gear for the worst-case senario (effective health over avoidance for tanks, hit/exp caps for DPS), because the gains from taking the risk are not large enough to justify what happens when RNG doesn't go your way.

Giobhnio

Okay, You are right about the divine plea that is why I never use Divineplea without a cooldown such as the 128+ int trinket and avenging wrath and with the 2P T10 Divine illumination.

And when we talk about crit and Divine plea then is it not better to have a high crit chance when divine plea is on to still have a fairly high heal going.

And Ellee. As for mana pools. In raids I have 37.5k mana buffed. I do find myself wishing for more at times, but I also do see that it will take a while for me to go oom.

But after you all trying to convince me that haste/MP5 is truly better then Haste/crit I'll go around change some items here and there for haste MP5 and see it for myself.
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

In reality, haste/MP5 over haste/crit will drop your HPS in some fights. But only really through the HL glyph, which ultimately just makes raidhealers overheal, thus not actually contributing anything tangible to completing the fight (although it will boost your personal HPS). Gearing for haste/MP5 will very slightly drop your HPS, cause the druids's HPS to increase and reduce the risk of you ooming or having to plea at a bad time.

Giobhnio wrote:
Okay, You are right about the divine plea that is why I never use Divineplea without a cooldown such as the 128+ int trinket and avenging wrath and with the 2P T10 Divine illumination.

And when we talk about crit and Divine plea then is it not better to have a high crit chance when divine plea is on to still have a fairly high heal going.

@ the first part: Yes you are right, and having those cooldowns ready to use with plea in a fight where there is no drop in healing requirement is good. However, usually you will want to use plea at 'gaps' in the fight where you don't have to heal so much.

@ the second part: That's crazy thinking, gear with that in mind and RNG will royally fuck you when it matters.

Giobhnio

As of this moment I have switched to a Holy/prot spec and I will take a look at haste/mp5.

If what you lot are trying to tell me is indeed the right thing "Which it probably is cuz I am a bit stubborn" then indeed I will keep it as it is.

Time will tell me how this will heal Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: