Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Majandra / Barnacle
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Behold Shadowbláde [Declined]

Hey there Shadowbláde, i'm Majandra the rogue class representative of Echoes of Lordaeron. I will be inspecting your application for matters concerning rogues. The final decision is coming from our recruitment officer Emee.

Firstly i'd like to ask about your played time that was asked in the app. Question meant the complete play time on this character, you can check this by typing /played in-game.

Secondly would have helped a lot if you could have specified more of your raiding experience, but it can still be digged out through achievements.
Looking through them seems you've done 2 first bosses in icc25, and none in 10man. Cleared toc10 and 25. Only done FL in uld25 and FL and razorscale in uld10 and 2 quarters in naxx25. This isn't quite convincing experience wise, but every one has started from somewhere. This is just that EoL is basicly working on end ICC25 content at the moment / Hard-modes. In other words to be an asset we need people who are geared and skilled for this. Achievements don't show if you have any experience on older raiding content like tbc?

Looking some more stats, reputations seem to be in order, except Knights of the Ebon Blade, you really want to have this one at least Revered to gain access to head enchantment Arcanum of Torment.

Moving on to the actual rogue stuff..

Talents,
seem to be pretty much the basic Eviscerate build that's popular at the moment, only change to be made is to drop the Improved Gouge and take Endurance, since Gouge really does have very little use in raid enviroment now days. Only place i've used it myself is Togc25 Faction champions to interrupt-cycle a healer, when on other hand having reduced sprint cooldown is useful in almost every single fight. Even evasion comes handy more often than Gouge.

Glyphs,
pretty standard

Professions,
is as good choice as anything, Mining is a bit on the edge since it doesn't provide us with any dps boosting buffs only stamina, but i'm guessing this is to make use of JC.

Enchants,
Head enchant is purely pvp enchant, you definately want the knights of the ebon blade one to replace this one. Otherwise they seem to be in order. Cloak one is either that agi or later when closing in on crit cap haste, but it's good now.

Gems,
For the Nightmare Tear it would be ideal to put it in pure blue slot to gain the slot bonus, for example to your legs or wrist and gem the belt with red gem. Red AP gemming is as it should be since poisons scales directly with ap and also eviscerate scales with it. Also ideally only blue slot bonus should be the nightmare tear so all other blue slots should be gemmed ap without the socket bonuses as you've done. As for the chest yellow gem, crit gemming isn't really viable, orange ap/haste (after crit cap), ap/crit (before hit cap) or ap/hit (if missing from poison hit cap) is much better to fill yellow slots, same goes with the pure haste gem in the shoulder slot. And in the case if you're gonna loose the socket bonus due to the chest blue gemslot anyway, gem pure AP to the chest even in the yellow slot. Thumb rule is that alone yellow slot could be gemmed with orange gem, otherwise it depends on the socket bonus to gem with pure red or orange. Finally the meta gem, the one socketed is pvp gem, only choice at the moment for us is the 21agi+3%crit.

Stats,
Poison hitcap is achieved so that's fine.
Expertise on the other hand is missing 6 exp, the cap is 26/26 which you should definately get to, but don't go past it. As a combat rogue with 2/2 weapon expertise 2 gear pieces usually achieves this. Crit is a quite low, but we'll get to that later.

Gear,
is quite outdated, Highest pieces are from toc25 or matching level. With Icc and frost emblems out, I'm wondering why no 264 pieces, Without raids help it's a bit workful but at this point of icc there's been quite some time to acquire some emblem of frost gear. Couple ulduar level pieces should be priority to upgrade.

Overall,
Basicly what i see as a whole is a character that's quite not getting the "dedication" that a main should get. There's some potential and right choices made, on the other hand some more research wouldn't hurt, but getting all that to the raiding level EoL is currently doing would definately take _a lot_ of work.

Basicly at the moment we are full on rogues on active raiding roster, so to even get a trial you'd have to be exceptionally exceptional, which i'm not convinced by looking at the application. Anything said by others in the thread i'm just gonna bypass, cause i don't know you or your reputation as a player. Anyway the final word is our recruitment officers, so i'm just gonna leave it at that and wish you good luck with the application.

-Majandra, EoL rogue class rep

Step 1: Be Awesome! Step 2: ??? Step 3: Profit!
shadowbld

re: OMG

OMG...intense or what!! Of course I found ICC the most difficult, long, endurance fights and alot of running around avoiding damaging spells before we can attack the booss...again!!! I've done the first three bosses in ICC, naxxx...emm a bit long I can't remember but I DID IT!!! ToC 25 a few times completed it,, ough when you don't study the videos of which I do extensively now before entering the unknown and frustrating the leader with questions of..where do I run, what do I hit, etc. etc.
yes the name...you notty likeyy...I write boooks you see...aswell as draw cards the world you play in..yes I'm a bit famous but hell I need to chill like everyone else and playing the dam world that I draw for UPPER deck is sometimes exhausting!! My story entails a not so nice person called Shadowbláde, a merc who lives within the dark recesses of a once bizzy wizzy town. Not a person you wanna run into on a dark night!
Sad I left Rumseys...well I was fed up with wipes and expensive runs...the cap was last week....8 wipes two different raids..blah to that, I didn't learn anythiing from dying all the dam time and frustration kicked in..I thought, 'you know..I'm not exalted with several factions and I would like a new mount (not bought or unearned) .and with the new expansion looming..gold was on my mind! Make plenty of it, store it for new and advanced enchants, etc. etc.
Mind you "Merke" as a name...did you flick through the pages in a dictionary for that one, stopped a page and put your dodi into it to find name??wink)P As for my profession..emm I'll keep that in mind but for now..jc and mining make me gold, I farm alot aswell as rep...busy busy busy!!
Just kiddin ofc but all funniness or not besides...Yes I need to restructure my gems and fiddle my spec a little, improve my gear further and learn more from better people than I..becasue no matter how good you think you are, there's always room for improvement. Something I learnt from wow, and ofc RP, I love and miss it...I used to RP all the time in my free time on wow but when you take a break, come back and some of your good friends have shifted realms...it's hard to find like minded people.

Naica will say I try, he taught me alot and still helps me when I need it...Again I will say that if not selected it should be on me and not opinions and negative comments from people who believed to know me. I'm respectful to my peers always, I work as a team member and always ready to learn and listen to direction and advice from my rogue peers!! I enjoy the unity of a guild and believe I can be a positive aspect of the guild regardless of previous comments..one has to defend themselves!! Anyway your call...I thank you for considering my application and if not accepted then I thank you anyway and wish you the best in raiding and the like...over and out!!!
shadowbld

re: Thanks

Thanks Majandra...reading your comments was a good clearing up for me. Thank you for your honesty and I will take into consideration your advice..it's sound.
I 'm probably not quite there yet after reading the full comments but willing to try, as the famous Arnie said..'I'll be back!!'wink
r.
shadow
Azlannagh
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I hate the way you write english. Use 1 (one) '!' or '?', like the rules for typography state and capitalize your 'I's.

Otherwise I'm going to assume that you're declaring your love for Vieane.

And use more alinea's, it makes a text so much more fun to read.

Annex:

Quote:
Here's an explanation from "The Barnhart Dictionary of Etymology (Wilson, 1988):

"The pronoun 'I' developed from the unstressed form of Old English (about 725) ic singular pronoun of the first person (nominative case). Modern and Middle English I developed from earlier i in the stressed position. I came to be written with a capital letter thereby making it a distinct word and avoiding misreading handwritten manuscripts. In the northern and midland dialects of England the capitalized form I appeared about 1250"

Also known as Azlana or Monck
Majandra / Barnacle
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Shadowbláde wrote:
Quote:
well I was fed up with wipes and expensive runs...the cap was last week....8 wipes two different raids..blah to that, I didn't learn anythiing from dying all the dam time and frustration kicked in..

Before others get to comment on this, this is a bit worrying thought.
Basicly we are progression raiding guild which means wiping, sometimes a lot, for example we just spent 20 attemps on Professor Putricide. Took two whole evenings and we got some experience but killed nothing. Farming status bosses may go with one attempt or maybe couple more on an off night, but truth is progression is wiping and learning or wiping and watching other's learning.

So repair bills should basicly be the least of worries.

Step 1: Be Awesome! Step 2: ??? Step 3: Profit!
shadowbld

re: Yawnnn

Yawnnn..I thought I was tired upon reading this post...but yawn, really, you want a lesson in the use of english language. I'm all ears!! pfffttt! how's that for a fine eccentric use of sounds in letters?
Azlannagh
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

One cannot write a combination of letters that represent a sound in a text normally, but hey, these are forums after all.

I just wanted to make posting on this forum a more enojoyable experience for both the writer AND reader.

Also known as Azlana or Monck
Vieane
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Azlannagh wrote:
Otherwise I'm going to assume that you're declaring your love for Vieane.

Wait, what?

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Pity
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Heh this guy is funny! (In a good way)
shadowbld

re: LOL

I know mate, funny...only funny as I only recently understood what you're were going on about. I didn't know an application would cause so much strife, regrets, yes!
I only wanted to apply, not start a discussion into gem placement, english use and comedy about characters I don't even know!! Sorry for applying!!
Nimiel
Initiate chatterbox

Nobody enjoys wiping over and over again all night long. We've all been there, and it isn't fun. That's why guilds like Echoes of Lordaeron asks the very best of its members, because if a group of like minded, well geared and dedicated members walk into an instance they stand a better chance of success; and success is fun.

If you're not too bothered about gem placements, enchants or collecting the best gear you can, then there are plenty of other raiding guilds out there. I'm not saying this in a nasty way, but wouldn't you be better applying to one of them?

Just off the top of my head, there was a new raiding guild advertised in guild recruitment the other day called 'Raid'. Perhaps enquire into their recruitment? As for Echoes, you really need to start caring if you want to raid with us. It isn't fair that an entire raid can wipe down to one persons mistakes.

Either way, good-luck.
Pity
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Re: LOL

shadowbld wrote:
I know mate, funny...only funny as I only recently understood what you're were going on about. I didn't know an application would cause so much strife, regrets, yes!
I only wanted to apply, not start a discussion into gem placement, english use and comedy about characters I don't even know!! Sorry for applying!!

Heh now this guy is funny. (Not in a good way)

So you say gem placement has no importance and we shouldn't discuss it in the application? In every raiding guild that respects itself you will receive criticism upon applying.You need to learn to take that criticism or you won't go far in wow. Anyway, good luck.
shadowbld

re: ROFL

YAWNNNN....honestly..good luck...I'm a talented artist and critical analysis is something I'm good with, did I mention modest? Always! Or I'd be out of work, it wasn't a negative comment (gem comment before tags and quotes come flowing in), as I mentioned, it's a dam game and some Guilds have forgotten that. Another fine example...oh words of advice..when getting peeps to apply, create a forum where only the qualified can access or you'll end up with bitchy, opinionated, immature and negative slugs who'll suck the life out from within the guild!!

Going for a sleep..tired of all this nonsense..good luck! Emm tabs. history, websites visited...delete this one!
Vieane
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Yeah it's a game. But we don't all wanna be sitting at our computers for hours on end failing because some people cannot be arsed because 'its just a game amirite lololol' That attitude only serves to piss me off.

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Well that was funny...

"YAAWN! WHY SHOULD I TRY TO BE GOOD?!?!? IT'S JUST A GAME RAAAA"

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: