Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Frostscythe
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

re: Maera, 45 Priest - Cheerleader Application [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Maera
Race: Dwarf
Class: Priest
Level: 45

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 2 days, 3 hours, 22 minutes
Talent Built(Armory link please): Currently am Dual Specced for levelling purposes. Going to go Holy endgame, 14/57/0
Set of glyphs used: --
Willing to respec (to another role)? As it's a new character, I'd be happy to go Shadow at 80 if that was the need.
Professions and their level: Herbalism 123 and Tailoring 193

What are your primary roles during a raid? Currently to sit on Vent and yell encouragement, however when I level to 80 I'd expect it'll change to keeping you all alive.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? No Vanilla experience, TBC: Kara, ZA, SSC, TK, Maggy, Gruul, Hyjal fully cleared, 5 bosses in BT and 1 in Sunwell. WotLK: Naxx, Maly, Sartharion & Ulduar all cleared (apart from Yogg - I left before we killed him).
All of my raid experience is on my more well known Prot Warrior, Frostscythe, or on my Shaman, Almashiarrn (up till about SSC).

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. I will be able to

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? 2

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? On this character, none.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? Good enough. Never had any problems previously.

Do you ever have latency problems? No.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes

Are you using any other addons? Not particularly

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Of course.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Maera was abandoned as a child and found by Draenei who took her back to Exodar, raising her as one of their own. She has pledged her life to serve the Naaru and fight the enemies of the Light.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? Almost 4 years ago.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? As far as I'm concerned, this character is a blank canvas.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE, RP, PvP. PvP is far too frustrating and tbh, I'm not that good at it.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 2 or 3 at the moment. When I move in with my fiancee these will change to 1900-2300 for two days of the week (to coincide with your raid times).

Do you share your account with anybody? No

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Echoes of Lordaeron - I had to leave to sort out my RL. It's pretty well sorted now, so I'm back. I did reapply a while ago and feel I may have jerked you around a bit then - I do regret this and hope this doesn't impact my Cheerleader application.

How do you find gnomes? With a gnome detector.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! Yes

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? All my friends are here and it has been the best bunch of people I've ever played with.

Why do you think we should choose you? My award winning personality of course!

Who can we contact for reference*? I'm not going to name names as I'll no doubt forget and thus offend someone, but anyone who was in EoL this time last year will remember me as the plucky dwarf female tank!

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? This application is for a Cheerleader position until I hit 80 with my Priest. When that happens, I'll reapply to become a full fledged raider. This will probably be towards the end of May-time. There are a few possible scenarios that could play out, however even if I am 80 before end of May it is unlikely I will be able to raid for personal reasons (primarily that I am in a long distance relationship and need the evenings to talk to me fiancee - she'll be moving in at the end of May thus allowing me to raid! :D). I also have still have Frostscythe on my account whom I can actively gear up in Heroics to bring up to a raiding standard so I can act as a reserve tank if required. This is something I'll only feel obligated to do if you accept my application - it is not a current objective of mine.

I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Fast Badges'.
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Denied :P

Forum Pet

Epic vouch.

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Raszagal
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

While he does fail epicly for applying at level 45, he is an extraordinary noob and therefore should be allowed. Epic vouch.

Ras

Initiate chatterbox

Is this a fake application?
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

No Im pretty sure its not.

EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Nimiel wrote:

No, it isn't.

Posner™
Chatterbox

Frostscythe wrote:
Nimiel wrote:

No, it isn't.

Forgive him O Lord...He's new here

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
Ellee!
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

super vouch!

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Definite vouch, as always mate.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Posner™ wrote:
Frostscythe wrote:
Nimiel wrote:

No, it isn't.

Forgive him O Lord...He's new here

Forgiven :D

Oh yup and vouch whilst im at it

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I keep seeing the word "Lord" cropping up here and I am laughing very hard to myself.

To quote a certain awesome movie:

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Vouch.

I wan't to get to know this guy who managed to piss Sensodine off beyond belief!:D

Initiate chatterbox

Maniok wrote:
Vouch.

I wan't to get to know this guy who managed to piss Sensodine off beyond belief!:D

I pissed off Sensodine? How interesting...

Andromel
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

ok lets play devils advocate here.

Cheerleader is the rank given to someone who has raided and been of service to the guild in the past but due to RL getting in the way they cant raid anymore, the character you are applying on hasnt done this.

You asked for cheerleader status on frost if i remember right and that was rejected due to the time you were in guild before leaving (been a while, correct me if im wrong)

You have listed your raiding experience and pointed out this was on Frost or Alma but you have not raided on this character due to its level and i know you have experience of raids but not on this character.

Echoes have never, to the best of my knowledge, taken someone of low level into the guild unless it was an alt and never granted cheerleader status to a low level or alt.

I can understand your motives and intentions frost and hey ive always been happy to have you around but i just cant see how you could be granted a position in the guild with this character or even frost unless you are actively raiding.

My opinion would be level up, get gear/experience then re apply and as people like you it shouldnt be hard to get a trial and tbh in those circumstances id vouch for you once you hit 80 and had the gear etc.

im sorry mate but i dont agree with the idea of this toon getting cheerleader status, its meant to be a sort of reward for past service to the guild not a waiting rank until you can raid.

No vouch from me

Healing the dps is like growing flowers, at some point you just have to let them die.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: