Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: New member [Declined]

Hey there Frags! Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the assistant recruitment officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Jaenus is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

Firstly I should let you know that we are very very full on almost about everything, not saying an exceptional player wouldn't get a trail. But you gotta have to bear in mind that we actually have an recruitment hold at the moment.

Looking over your application I must admit that I don’t actually get much feeling with how juch raid experience, and experience in general that you have with this character.

Quote:
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Done some HC on this char. But done a few on my main char zenoxe shadow/disc priest

Answering this question might put more light over how much raid experience you have Happy

I don’t have so much more to say, just looking forward to get an answer from your Class Representative.

When Jaenus has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as wether you get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

Last edited by Airaniel on 2010/02/22 6:35; edited 1 time in total

EoL-Veteran

Hi i'm Jaenus - warrior class rep and generally all round nice guy Happy

First off I'd have to say that you are really lacking a lot of experience with raiding on your character, this is a pretty big problem - especially this far into wotlk. All i can do really is to advise you to try to get as much experience as you can do from pugging as much as you can manage, and to do that it helps if you manage to maximise your character to the best you can do. To that end I'll try to give you some advice on top of what Laerel has already offered you.

I'm assuming you have changed spec to what Lae advised (my armoury is still not showing talents for some reason), if so then i cant criticise it as its the one i use myself. And as she stated its one of only a couple of viable Arms raiding specs.

Gear can be improved A LOT, Blizzard have made the game very easy now to get gear to a solid standard without ever setting foot into a raid, throw in the fact that even ICC lower spire is pretty easily puggable and the sheer amount of upgrades available to you is immense. Also always use the best gems and enchants on your gear - overall the first impression people get about you is from inspecting your gear more often than not - so having it correctly gemmed and enchanted just goes towards creating a good first impression that you know what's what and how to play your character (rightly or wrongly this is usually the case).

Theirs a whole plethora of sites out their which can provide a wealth of information to you to help you along towards finding out what to go for, what to gem and what to enchant. I'd strongly advise you use these as until you learn how to do that then theirs really not a great deal of point in advising you how to maximise your play.

Not too sound cruel but i couldn't in a month of Sundays imagine offering a trial atm, even with a current recruitment hold on. Overall your character shows far too much inexperience and general lack of knowledge about your class in general and what it takes to be successful in a raiding guild.

However you do seem a pretty decent guy and my doors always open for you if you want to ask any advice on how/where to improve etc. Everyone starts this game with the same level of knowledge and its only through play, research and trial and error that we can move to a higher level of play. If you want to badly enough then i see no reason that given some time you can't improve to a good standard like I've seen a lot of others do in the past - but you need to put in the time and effort.

And who know i may be reviewing another application from this pro warrior come the time when cataclysm hits the shelves ;).

Good luck in the future Janeus

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Hey again Hellmaster! Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron

Im sorry that I've been SO slow at making my decision, however in times with recruitment hold and a guild filled with melee DPS an answer will come slow. The reason why is because I wanna make sure that for 1: I dont decline a very skilled player, 2: I dont accept a player who will only slow us down, 3: IF I accept a person I gotta make sure we actually have room for him or her in the set up.

Now I've done my research and Im must admit, you dont really seem to cut it for us. You seem like a really nice guy, but your inexperiance and gear level is worrying me a bit.
We might have been able to look past some of that, but the fact that we simply dont have room for anymore melee is the main factor in my decision.

Perhaps when some melee spot opens up you could try to reapply to the guild Happy

Good luck with your guild hunt!

Declined

Norriel
Assistant Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

"Hi i'm Jaenus - warrior class rep and generally all round nice guy"

Liar!

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: