Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Death Knight [Declined]

Great, well that is good to know Happy

Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Shite that we're kinda full on all melee >.< Don't you have any ranged DPS lying around?

nope sorry :/

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Laz (Aureya)

You're massivly over the hit cap! Infact i'd go so far as to say you're double the ammount if hit i have as a 2Handed melee (i rely on Heroic Presence atm). It'd definatly be worthwhile for you to swap out your two trinkets for something much more useful. The Arp trinket from Reliq of Souls is meant to be quite nice, as well as DMC: Greatness. As it stands it looks to be wasted itemisation and could be used to grant more beneficial stats such as str/arp. One other point i'd make is the +8 str bonus from your helm might be worth taking along with a str/crit gem as from a retri perspective 10 Crit > 2 Str however i can't speak for Unholy.

Overall you seem like a nice guy, and i can understand where you're coming from with wanting to reroll (i have recently), but with the issues we're having getting melee there spots i'm not sure really what to think. All i can say is good luck! :D

Laz (Aureya) wrote:
The Arp trinket from Reliq of Souls is meant to be quite nice, as well as DMC: Greatness.

Actually Laz i disagree - whilst the DMC - Greatness is still a ok trinket, the Needle Encrusted Scorpion from FoS (I think it is) is absolutely rubbish, at the applicants current level of ArP it would be terribad and even if your using it in order to soft cap ArP (on proc) its proc chance is so bad that its outperformed heavily by Mjolnir's Runestone and arguably Grim toll also.

Generally speaking you see it used by people whose knowledge of ArP consists of ilvl/gearscore and not actually what's a decent item. Bear in mind i haven't a great amount of knowledge about DK's in general but i do know ArP.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Laz (Aureya)

I wasn't suggesting it so he could go down the ArP route but more pointing out that the trinkets he's using now both have wasted stats and only the proc effect has any real benefit. By replacing it with say the ArP trinket from ToC 5 with the AP proc it'd at least grant a slight improvement to DPS compared to hit which after 290+ becomes completely wasted. I know the RoS trinket isn't great because of its Proc but it was an example of something that might be deemed better and having seen some solid DK's using it i assumed it to be a worthwhile improvement based on his current trinkets. But... /shrug.

Fair enough Laz, was just pointing out that the amount of people using the NIS trinket is a little baffling (anyone specced so that ArP is a desired stat should know better than to use that imo- but as your a ret I'll let you off with not knowing the math on it ;P).

On the topic of advice though for the trinkets - excluding the ones everyone is after (DBW, WFS and DV), the ones which would provide a instant and sizeable dps increase I'd say - and only doing napkin math here would be DMC-Greatness (Crafted), Herukami War Token (emblems), then followed (quite a way behind) by ones such as Banner of Victory, Wrath-stone, Fury ot5f, Runestone etc. Come to think of it even the Mirror of Truth would be sizeable better than the Pyrite Infuser (bearing in mind that the hit from pyrite is a utter waste).

Sorry to the applicant for varying slightly into OT territory, but it is sort of still relevant imho.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Banner of victory rom Toc 5norm is a good trinket.

And a Dk should always go for +6 and better socket bonuses.

and the meta, get the agi one, yes i know agi isnt good. but 15 stam gems to hit the meta bonus is even worse thats just a waste.

a guick look on on your gear/stats. You are a bit behind, but i guess its fine for the farm bosses in ICC 25.

k so what you said about my trinkets is indeed true, I've been trying to find a group for toc 5 normal today but it was pretty much impossible, although I just bought greatness so i can replace pyrite infuser. Will replace the agi gem tomorrow, although are you sure about always going for the bonus? Like on my chest, it requires red/blue/orange. Gemmed only with red (nvm the jc gem) it gives 60 str, but gemmed in orded to gain the bonus it would only give 48str+crit/exp (20str/15sta10str/10str8crit).

Xulgos
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Will post soon!

Slightly OT, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Blood was the ArP tree for DKs? I know it's of benefit for anything that deals purely physical damage, but due to the heavier use of Scourge Strike / Obliterate for Unholys, AFAIK Str / AP is the way to go. Making the value of ArP trinkets / effects a bit weaker as Unholys have more Disease / Shadow damage in their makeup.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'

Slightly OT, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Blood was the ArP tree for DKs? It is, but with the buff of SS in 3.3 and the t10 bonus it's worth to get, although it's not really the case with my current arp.

Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Ah yes, the SS buff / fix. Did they manage to fix the 'double-defence' that resilience was providing?

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'

think they hotfixed it at the same time with mutilate rogues nerf

Blazeman / Shiv
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Its Rashish, what more can one say?

Apart from the fact that that i have personally never played with him on his deathknight, nor did i realise he even had one. Though he was an extremely competent rogue and he "Superior" of the rogues from Conscience so id definatley say melee dps is his forte.

But back on track with your Deathknight knowhow. You seem to know whats what as you have opted for Reaping with the 2 piece t10 inscreased damage yadayda. Your gemming is fine, i see you have gemmed Expertise which of course is acceptedable until you hit the Expertise cap which you are 4 under, which you alreayd know (I hope).
Im guessing you know allabout your hit rating, which im guessing is a bit unfortunate with those trinkets, As was said above, i recomend banner of Victory, ToC5 normal, its stupidly easy to get and the starts are to shocking as AP does benefit all specs in the game at the moment, if blood a little more than the other. One thing though, your boot enchant does bewlider me, i could never see why that would be viable unless you have minor survivability problems which unholy certainly does not, or wether it is just a temporary thing, 32AP Is the way forward.

I do have one question about your spec, you have opted for 2/2 Morbidity and 5/5 Dark Conviction, 5/5 in necrosis would benefit you much more for single target, which im assuming is what you use this spec for, if not then forgive me, As your blood spec does seem to be more pvp/tank orientated. I would highly suggest dropping points in Morbidity and Dark conviction and Putting them in Necrosis, and getting yourself to a dummy and testing out different trinkets.

Though good luck with your application and your gear does seem to be fine, not to far behind mine to be honest :S, I know yout a competent melee dps so on that basis you do have my vouch, Would be good to raid with you again friend.

Genghus

Famous quotes from Mystikal:

Derdriu, should you die, my mockery will be both unending and merciless.
Mystikal has Died.

"Mystikal, move move!"
"IM MOVING. SHUT UP!!"

"Fuck you, Shiv"

...Whilst running random heroics, Halls of Stone comes up.
"Awww, fucking Balls of Stone, I hate this place"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: