Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Kochomina, Fury Warior [Accepted]

Hi and thanks for applying, I'm Jaenus - CR for warriors, a little busy atm trying to kill the Lich King, but i will pop in after the raids over and give you my view/opinion etc on your application.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
kochomina
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

Nice to meet you Jaenus. Please take all your time, and good luck in your progression. I will be waiting for your reply.
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Hi Kochomina. Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron!

Im the Recruiting Officer and YES I will be the one dealing with your application ;) (Fear MEH! :P )

Aham

As you already know Jaenus is your Class Representative and he will hopefully soon have a look at your application.
However I will also take just a quick little glance at it.

Isvan has already been so kind to point out that we are VERY melee heavy. Sure we take in exceptionally good players, but in the melee case I do fear that we might not have room at all. A matter I have to take with the Set Up Makers.

I dont have many comments to your application, but I do wonder; out of all the low populated realms, why SSL?

When Jaenus has replied to your application, and possible issues has been fixed I shall give my verdict as to wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck!

Norriel
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

Hi miriel Happy
Warriors cannot be feared :P
Emm thanks for taking a look into the application, i chosed this realm because its an RP/PVP in which i dont think that blizzard will open free migration to here, as of what i have seen .. small peaceful pvp realm got ruined with new wave of free migrators. I took a look in depth before coming to this realm and i saw 2 guilds as i thought first time was in shortage of warriors, EoL and menace. I was totally wrong when i came here and saw that menace isnt here anymore, and EoL is full at melee. However, i im willing to join a guild as stable as EoL even though there is a small chance to join as its raid setup is overloaded, but still its a chance :D.

Thank you for replying to me and i will be waiting for Jaenus to give me his words about the apply.
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Hi their and thanks for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron, I am Jaenus Class Rep for Warriors and the dude whose gonna be looking over your App in order to help out our Recruitment officer make her decision.

Firstly i see that you've already had a a little bit of a interrogation from Laerel (I'm sure she should have race changed to troll not orc :P).

Talents & Glyphs

Your Glyphs are pretty much identical to my own fury ones, only difference being myself using TC instead of Battle (which is pretty much a personal/situational choice tbh).

Your talents are also pretty close to my own fury ones, the only noticeable difference being your omission of Rampage (I'm assuming you previously always ran previously with a feral providing the crit buff)?, Obv - atm EoL don't currently have any mainspec fury or ferals so that would be the one thing i would strongly advise/insist upon you having in raids, as for the other minor talent differences - all of them are in the category of what I'd call filler points (predominately taken to open up later parts of the talent tree), depending on the average raid composition these can be moved around easily enough in order to provide the buffs needed for particular nights.

All in all though theirs nothing i see which tells me anything other than that you know your class well, have made intelligent and informed choices and personalised your spec to suit yourself and your previous guilds raid composition.

Gear

Right simple put it's very nice, Very nice to see you sitting right on the caps for expertise and getting hit capped without relying on a Dren. I saw that Laerel earlier on brought up the subject of ArP/Enchants etc. and i must saw on this matter i'm pretty much in agreement with you, everything I've read and from my own first hand experience shows me that if its possible to ArP cap (1400) without relying on any procs then it should be aimed for asap. I think from doing my napkin math your currently around 174 short of the hard cap (assuming that your currently using an ArP food in raids. Strongly suggest that you strive to reach this as soon as you can - especially as the way ArP scales the last 5-10% is where the huge dps increase will come.
Personally I'd be tempted to switch out some of your current gems for more ArP ones to push you closer to this cap. I'm pretty sure this would give you a reasonable dps increase unless my maths failing me atm.

As i said a little earlier though your current gear is of a good standard, and DBW makes me green with envy (curses RNG on loot drops), also the fact you have Shadow's edge tells me instantly that you invest in your character to ensure that he's in the best shape he can be - regardless of the expense in gold. Yet again this is very nice to see.

Only question i would like to pose you is why the EoF agil cloak and why the ashen verdict str ring? Also have you planned out how to incorporate the 4 set tier 10 into your setup?

Enchants are pretty much 100% perfect imo, and your proffs are both good raiding ones (i prefer JC over BS but that's personal choice as their both top of the raiding proffs), and engineering <3, added mobility is a godsend at times - and lets face it, who doesn't love the gadgets ;).

Right so that's all the technical stuff out of the way, just like to say that its been a real pleasure reading your application, intelligent and well thought out, providing us with plenty of details and information to help us review your application in a proper fashion. Also nice to see your reasons for coming to SSL explained and always a pleasure to have someone migrate in with a good amount of raiding experience under his belt.

As Miriel our Recruitment Officer has stated earlier - sadly we are currently very heavy on melee (and most other roles), otherwise i would not have hesitated in 100% recommending to Miriel for us to take you on trial (especially as we don't currently have a MS fury warrior), however with the current situation i will have to check with Miriel after she has spoken to the set-up makers for the raids and find out if this is currently viable.

As always the final decision on this matter will be taken by Miriel - having taken all factors (skill, attitude, space available etc) into account.

Once again though I'd like to thank you for your application and i hope to have an answer about what the decision is as soon as possible for you.

Jaenus

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
kochomina
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

Oooh man thank you for spending your time reading my apply this means alot Happy

As for your concerns, i wear the agility EoF cloak because it provides me with Crit and arp whereas the Str cloak doesnt give any point in crit rating. I plan to have each slot in my gear to be with crit rating so that i can get 50%+ in raids, and thus being a major source of damage in the encounter. As you can see im still having some Str gems and the Ashen Verdict Str ring due to the unwillingness of being short in Ap. Its like that brother, you dont want to have 100% of the boss armor ignored and a massive percentage of crits where you hit like a sissy. Its a balancing issue to keep up Ap, Arp, Crit at high ratings without prefering one to the other.
As for the warriors tier10, it is USELESS for fury warriors sinse it procs the last button i hit if other spells are on CD, (i.e. Slam). It would give me one extra rotation filler but its not that WoOoW. Whereas arms warriors benefits from the extra execute more sinse its as for me when i play arms, the number thing i should hit if its on proc.

I hope everything got clear to you about "Koch ", and again i would like to thank you for the brilliant attitude and will be waiting for the final word from Miriel and yeah now i feel feared from the druid :P
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Cheers for the quick answer, they weren't really concerns, more like me trying to get your reasoning behind the choices moreso.

Like you said though, its a fine line to get the right balancing act with regards to stat juggling with gear for the most part. I would be tempted to go for the crafted legs though - as their a pretty direct upgrade over the ones your currently wearing (i suspect you probably are planning this already tbh), obv the Mace from the Blood princes would allow the swapping out of the hc JB and allow you to then replace the gendarme cuirass with either the castle breaker or tier piece. But anyways i'm digressing atm - can't help it i'm just a big itemisation nerd at heart really ;).

Yeah i kind of agree with you on the tier 4 set bonus for fury, the way i look at it the only point in going for the 4 set is really if you need the expertise from the tier legs - the actual tier set bonus though is horribly designed to be of any significant use at all for fury.

Still In arms I personally prio OP over execute (depending on the situation ofc). Then again as i tend to run with a low Exp gear setup it does sort of change prio orders at times.

Last edited by Jaenus on 2010/03/09 2:36; edited 1 time in total

kochomina
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

If i could crafted the legs in Kazzak i will save much like 3k from crafting them in SSL, the realm market is on fire of prices !!
Yesterday, i sold Orb of Deception for 800g and i was like winning Champions League :D, it was sold for not more than 100g in kazzak.

And btw, your itemization sense is much like mine down there :P
kochomina
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

Sorry to disturb you all guys/gals,
I'm pulling out my application for some reasons.
GL with your progression.
Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Very pity specially the circumstances it happened with you where a very promising applicant.

Can post, will post

He made this decision after toc25pug(Death Verdict loot)

Also I'm pissed off cause I had the biggest roll on mainspec.

Shame.

Nie gram, to spamuje
Vieane
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Fair enough I think I speak for most of the guild when I say it was bang out of order imo.

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Only just finding out what happened now, Kochomina, if possible, i'd like to speak to you sometime on Sat/Sunday in game if you don't mind.

Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I can guess...

Found the forum!

After talking to some great people in EoL in which hospitality and faith were present in their personalities... Reconsidering the hesitated dicision made by myself.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: