Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
AlcideIV

re: Alcide, Protection Warrior [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Swiss

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Alcide
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 25d
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Alcide&gn=Cenarion+Serpents
Set of glyphs used: Depends on the protection build used
Willing to respec (to another role)? Not at the moment
Professions and their level: Blacksmithing and Mining, both 450

What are your primary roles during a raid? Main Tank, Off Tank

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Everything but Ulduar, ToC heroic and ICC (on different characters, though). I have only done the first quarter in ICC thus far

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Not every day, 2-3 times a week, some weeks more, some weeks less

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? 2-3 raids a week

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? None that is relevant

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? I'm not sure I understand what is meant by type of hardware. I play on a Desktop at Home or on a macbook at the university (AH-Mails). My frame-rate stays steady at 60fps on my desktop, never noticed more nor less

Do you ever have latency problems? Every now and then, but i'm assuming those are realm/area wide

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? I can

Are you using any other addons? Yes

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac104/MarcoIVI/Alcide.png

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yes

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? A pragmatic, goal-oriented and focused team-player

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? 2008

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? My tanking, my response time, my gear... everything, striving for improvement in every aspect of our class is what keeps us raiding, isn't it?

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE, PvP, RP

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 2h a day

Do you share your account with anybody? No

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Cenarions Serpents (current guild), very nice social raiding guild with nice people in it. I just feel i could be pushed further in a guild like yours to become the best tank i can be

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty b

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! I am

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? You seem like a very good guild with objectives and a taste for performance and achievement. As I might have said earlier I want to be the best tank i can be. I think your guild could help me reach this objective.

Why do you think we should choose you? I would like to learn from you. People with such an objective generally are good and/or improve fast. Besides, I don't play much, but when I do I give everything. On the other hand, i'm confident you don't need an n-th tank.

Who can we contact for reference*? This character is relatively new. I can't think of anyone who would put in a good word for me.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Thanks for taking the time to review my application
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hi and thanks for applying, I'm Jaenus - CR for warriors, a little busy atm trying to kill the Lich King, but i will pop in after the raids over and give you my view/opinion etc on your application.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Hey there Alcide, Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron!

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
as you know Jaenus is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

For starters, I should let you know that we have recruitment hold. This means that we will only take exceptionally good players on for a trial.
It also means that the dealing with the applications goes much slower.

Your application looks good to me, I dont really have any comments to any of your answers other than perhaps; when you say that sometimes you would attent to less than 2 raids. Why is this? or am I getting that wrong? Happy
I should also let you know that we require at least 2 raids a week as a minimum from our memebers.

I also see that your rep with Sons of hodir is close to none exsisting, I trust it's because you have another character with exaulted? Happy
I shall let Jaenus have a look at your gear and spec.

When Jaenus has given his opinion, possible issues has been solved, and our set up maker has given a verdict as to wether we have room, I shall give my verdict as wether we will trial you or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

With your specs I noticed you have two different prot specs - one looks to be fairly cookie cutter Impale (although lacking in Focussed Rage), the other - can I ask the point of it?

I'm a bit outdated when it comes to gear choices, however I do notice that you are still under the expertise soft cap.

On paper the app looks fine - comes down to skill testing I guess.

I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Fast Badges'.
AlcideIV

Hello,

@ Miriel/Norrinja
I can make it to 2-3 raids a week, some weeks even more. As for now i'm a graduate student with not many activities besides going to gym and playing wow. So i will be able to join or standby for 2-3 every week at least. The attendance i mentioned in the application is indeed somewhat confusing.
For the reputations you are right: I just have exalted with the Ashen Verdict as for now. The others i judge irrelevant since the enchants bind to account.

@ Maera / Frosty
The reason I currently have 2 protections specs is pretty trivial. I don't have any intention of turning this char. into a dps nor do i have the gear for doing an efficient job as such. So i decided to experiment things with those both specs. One being single-target oriented and the other more focused on multiple targets. This is still work-in-progress for the 2nd spec, though
Second point being the expertise and hit. I'm indeed lacking a tiny bit of expertise and a hit. I sometimes eat something granting hit and stam or agility and stam when there's a draenei around.

Hope i answered your questions
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Why have you dropped vigilence in on of your specs?
Chamual
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Isn't there like, 12 tanks or somethign in the guild atm?

Dont confuse Superior wizard oil with your disenchant skill.....
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Chamual wrote:
Isn't there like, 12 tanks or somethign in the guild atm?

Indeed we do have like insanly many Happy

Laerel1 wrote:
Why have you dropped vigilence in on of your specs?

Hi again :-)

Like I tried to say earlier. I have one solid single-target raiding spec (the one with vigilance among others, appears as primary spec). The other one is a series of testings for aoe tanking. As for now I don't use vigilance in this one for 2 reasons. The first being I only do heroics/clear trash with that spec and don't feel i need more threat. The other one is that no one needs the 3% damage reduction from vigilance while in heroics or clearing trash. This is my opinion as for now. It might change.
Thanks,
BB
Frostscythe
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I've been thinking of a similar Dual Spec ie Single Target/AoE, however your AoE spec is so similar to your Single Target it's not really going to make that much difference.

One AoE spec that you may wish to experiment with is one that Im currently working on:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=1&tal=0500000000000000000000000000000302503000000000000000000000053351025200012520330113321

Or at least something similar using Glyph of Cleave, Devastate and Sunder Armour as major glyphs.

I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Fast Badges'.
AlcideIV

Maera / Frosty wrote:
I've been thinking of a similar Dual Spec ie Single Target/AoE, however your AoE spec is so similar to your Single Target it's not really going to make that much difference.

One AoE spec that you may wish to experiment with is one that Im currently working on:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=1&tal=0500000000000000000000000000000302503000000000000000000000053351025200012520330113321

Or at least something similar using Glyph of Cleave, Devastate and Sunder Armour as major glyphs.

Thanks, i most certainly will.
As a matter of fact i'm gonna try it out right, now. A friend called me to farm some heroics
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I thought you would say about not needing the extra threat ._.

Imo the most powerful thing about vigilence is that it -Lowers- someone elses threat by 10%

Not that it improves yours!
AlcideIV

Laerel1 wrote:
I thought you would say about not needing the extra threat ._.

Imo the most powerful thing about vigilence is that it -Lowers- someone elses threat by 10%

Not that it improves yours!

I'm getting a bit confused here. Vigilance reduces the threat of a teammate by 10% (15% with the glyph) and transfers it to the warrior. Since threat is relative (percentage of whatever x threat the person holding the aggro is generating, example: people in the hitbox need 110% of the tank aggro to pull, people outside need 130%), the less threat that person generates the more threat will the warrior relatively have, this with or without vigilance.
I don't see anything about vigilance that says it only lowers someone's threat. But again, even if it did it sill would make the warrior's threat percentually higher. Or am i seeing that wrong?
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

It transfers 10% of their threat to you, meaning that's 10% more threat that they can cause before having to hold back because of overaggro.

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Chamual
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Isn't it 20%? Because theirs is lowered 10% and yours is raised by the same amount?

Dont confuse Superior wizard oil with your disenchant skill.....
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: