Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
whitemikki
Found the forum!

re: Whitemikki - Mage [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

CHARACTER
PVE

Name: Whitemikki
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):
I will get this for you. tbh I am scared to look Happy
Talent Built(Armory link please):
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=whitemikki
Set of glyphs used:
Molten Armour, Arcane Missiles
Willing to respec (to another role)?
Yes ofc. Although limited to Fire or Arcane Happy
Professions and their level:
Tailor and Enchanting. Both are over 400 (just enough to Enchant my own gear)

What are your primary roles during a raid?
Besides the obvious PewPew DPS as a mage we have the ability to reduce incoming damage through wards and shields and ofc IB. CC (well we used to) and Interputing.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
Well BC was ofc Kara, Maggy, some TK and SSC with a couple of Hyjals. I arrived into raiding late for BC although I have played since Vanilla I was not a Raider will I met up with RMWP.
LK is Naxx 10/25 Ulduar10/25(10) ToC 10/25 ICC 10(7)/25(6)

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
Ill be honest its tight. But I can be online by 1900 just. tbh it will be nice not to raid till after midnight local time

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
I raid to a schedule. I never raid off the cuff. I have a younf family so it always needs to be prearrnged. I raid 2 times a week minimum. more is dependant on how much I can get the misses out Happy
With my last guild I always aimed for progression nights. Wednesday to kil the bosses on farm so I would do Thurs, Sun and Mon for new kills and progression.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
Well tbh I dont do achievements. I raid and thats it so really just the ones that mean I have cleared the content.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
My comps is getting a little old now (3 years) but handles WoW np. 35 FPS about average. Raids about the same.

2.4duo/4gb/x1300pro.

Do you ever have latency problems?
no very rearly but we all have freaky days. The server seems to be having more trouble than my computer recently. We lost a whole night the other night cos Fester and Rot were just magging right out for the entire Raid.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
Yes ofc.

Are you using any other addons?
DBM, Omen, Recount, Pitbull, Grid, Clique, Class Timers, Quartz, Chinchilla Map, (although decursive in on my SC i no longer use it prefering to decurse with Cllque)

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.
Forum Image Forum Image

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?
Yes ofc.
Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
here is where i fall down. I respect people who RP but its not me. I play wow for the Raiding, laughter and friendship. I picked an RP/PVP server to not limit my options. I tried RP with a guild called Sarmatian Knights when i first started but RP didnt work for me.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?
3 months before BC

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
Where to start. I am very self critical. regardless of my percieved performance I am always looking for way to improve be and draw that extra little drop from every second. I enjoy the feeling of a job well done but I am awear it can always be done better.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PvE.
RP/PVP

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
20 to 30 hours a week. Depends how mucha squeaze in on weekends.

Do you share your account with anybody?
Nope

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
RMWP - I helped build this guild from Kara onwards as VGM. I have done allot of RL work but its not somehting I am looking for now. I am looking for some stress free Raiding where all that is expected of me is to show up and perform well.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
wel........Tasty.....if well seasoned.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
Gulp.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
I need a new home. I am not going to lie I applied to AoT first as there Raid days and Times are exaclty the same as RMWP. But they are full on mages. I want a guild that I can fade into the backgroud and not fel like i have to work hard for things to come together team wise. ofc I work hard on my own performance but I am sure Officers and RLs will understand the extra work that goes into making the guild tick. I dont want all that anymore.

Why do you think we should choose you?
I am very good a what I do. I am always prepared with Speed Pots/ Flasks and tactics for every night before i log in. I never get upset or all emo not matter how many times we wipe. I have endless patience.

Who can we contact for reference*?
A few people you know that I know are Vander, Cherme (Pigwidgeon) & Ande. Weather there are good references who knows Happy But from my old guild anyone though AlexM and Bizzmark are the best bets as they are GM and VGM. If anyone else knows me a vouch goes a long way...if its negative pls keep it to yourself ( j/k)

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

I think I have it covered. Ill get my time played for you soon. (about 5 hours)
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Nice application.

But haven't you applied here before? No..wait..that was in AoT.
You were there for a very short time then decided to go back to youre old guild again. Are you sure that this is what you want this time?
EoL and AoT are quite different, but not so much in terms of raiding.

Found the forum!

omg sorry stupid oversized SC. I cant edit the post if someone will delete it ill post a link later.
whitemikki
Found the forum!

Maniok wrote:
Nice application.

But haven't you applied here before? No..wait..that was in AoT.
You were there for a very short time then decided to go back to youre old guild again. Are you sure that this is what you want this time?
EoL and AoT are quite different, but not so much in terms of raiding.

Hi Mani.
Yep. RMWP is healthy and can live without me. I need to new home. I am hoping to find it here.
Blazeman / Shiv
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

I got declined from RMWP because i was underage, but meh, enough of the offtopic.

Seems to me like a good mage, gear wise, spec wise and all the rest.

I know absolutley nothing about mages so yeah... ill leave the rest to the people who do know

~Geng

Famous quotes from Mystikal:

Derdriu, should you die, my mockery will be both unending and merciless.
Mystikal has Died.

"Mystikal, move move!"
"IM MOVING. SHUT UP!!"

"Fuck you, Shiv"

...Whilst running random heroics, Halls of Stone comes up.
"Awww, fucking Balls of Stone, I hate this place"
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I've played with this guy, if hes going to stay this time, it's a big vouch from me. He is a good mage.

Initiate chatterbox

I know next to nothing about Mages, but gear all looks good, from what I can tell.

Considering your professional and mature take on the application, and the fact that at this moment in time Mages are seriously OP; I'll give you my vouch.
Tringle
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

RMWP has an Age Limit, it's just one of their rules.

Anyways, great raider, great player, really nice guy. Oozes with experience, can't see him finding any mechanics troublesome. If there's room for a mage I'd nab him.

Tringle wrote:
RMWP has an Age Limit, it's just one of their rules.

Anyways, great raider, great player, really nice guy. Oozes with experience, can't see him finding any mechanics troublesome. If there's room for a mage I'd nab him.

Hey Tringle!!! Priests is it now. Been a while mate and good to see you. Didnt know you was floating around EoL but glad you are (assuming they can find space fora mage...so many Mages floating around atm)
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Noaz Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Illva is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

Firstly I should let you know that we have a recruitment hold at the moment, however this doesn’t mean that we wont consider taking exceptionally good players on s trial.

Looking over your application you seem like an experianced player who has also tried what it means to run a guild, I like this part. Sure that part can be hard to deal with if you start going against the officers, however I dont seem to get this vibe for you, and on that matter I think you will be a good assit for the guild.

I have a few questions/comments on the answers you’ve given in your application:

Quote:
Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
Ill be honest its tight. But I can be online by 1900 just. tbh it will be nice not to raid till after midnight local time

Okay just to clearify something, our raid times are game time, which means in UK it would be 18:00-22:00 Happy
We very rarly raid past midnight, if it happens it’s the late night ten mans.
When you say you can JUST make it at 19:00 does this mean that you could risk to be here at 19:15?

Quote:
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
I raid to a schedule. I never raid off the cuff. I have a younf family so it always needs to be prearrnged. I raid 2 times a week minimum. more is dependant on how much I can get the misses out
With my last guild I always aimed for progression nights. Wednesday to kil the bosses on farm so I would do Thurs, Sun and Mon for new kills and progression.

At the moment we require a minimum of two raid sign ups of our memebers. If it goes below that we wont be too happy about that. But if it’s only 2 a week I guess we could work around it. We do have alot of mages, but then again you can never really have too many mages in a raid :P

Quote:
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
Well tbh I dont do achievements. I raid and thats it so really just the ones that mean I have cleared the content

Raiding these days are all about achivements, would you be willing to work hard to get achivements?

Quote:
Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
I need a new home. I am not going to lie I applied to AoT first as there Raid days and Times are exaclty the same as RMWP. But they are full on mages. I want a guild that I can fade into the backgroud and not fel like i have to work hard for things to come together team wise. ofc I work hard on my own performance but I am sure Officers and RLs will understand the extra work that goes into making the guild tick. I dont want all that anymore.

Might just be me who is petty, but I feel that you didnt really answered why you wanna join us. Sure I understand the part about wanting to not be an officer. And you mention that you wanted to join AoT at first, but then why us?

I know that your on a crafting level where you can benifit from your enchanting at least, but why not get them maxed up?

When Illva has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

Found the forum!

Quote:
When you say you can JUST make it at 19:00 does this mean that you could risk to be here at 19:15?

no, I get in from work an hour before that time it means I may juts be polishing off dinner. I wont be late.

Quote:
At the moment we require a minimum of two raid sign ups of our memebers. If it goes below that we wont be too happy about that. But if it’s only 2 a week I guess we could work around it. We do have alot of mages, but then again you can never really have too many mages in a raid :P

Its a minimum of 2. Luckily for me my finacee keeps a very busy social life so it is mostly more. But it is never less than two...ever..Happy

Quote:
Raiding these days are all about achivements, would you be willing to work hard to get achivements?

Its all about the achievement. If the achievement is to kill A boss with the entire Raid dodging X and missing Y I am more than game.
If the achievement is to run around with a goat trying to marry it off to local murlocs then its not me Happy

Quote:
Might just be me who is petty, but I feel that you didnt really answered why you wanna join us. Sure I understand the part about wanting to not be an officer. And you mention that you wanted to join AoT at first, but then why us?

Because the answer is kinda what i dont like seeing on Apps. You progression is good and you look attractive because of that. Also I know many who have been through your Ranks and they said good things about the way its run. Even after they left (which is rare)
As for AoT is simple. They raid the four same days as my old guild and nearler the times i am used to. So i didt have to speak to my fiancee about it first. Here is 90 mins earlier so its important to me my family are ok with me playing so much earlier.

Quote:
I know that your on a crafting level where you can benifit from your enchanting at least, but why not get them maxed up?

I play wow to Raid. All i need is the gold to Raid so once my profs gave me that I never too them further. + my guild had a designated Tailor (or someone who got every pattern) so Tailor was useless as i would only use it for guildies.
I make Cloth and Epic Gem to get all the G I need. (I have never done Dailies Happy )

Thanks for the responce and I hope that covers everything you wanted.

Mikki
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Isn't it quite obvious Miriel? This is SSL it's not like he has alot of alternatives is it?:P

Maniok wrote:
Isn't it quite obvious Miriel? This is SSL it's not like he has alot of alternatives is it?:P

Your making me seem like Im stupid....
Anyways even if it's the case I still wanna know..

EoL-Veteran

Nice guy, Nice player, Nice deeps, Nuff said. The rest is for the Illva and Nanna to decide if we have available space to accommodate another Mage (more likely since Evethor left). If we do have space however for another Mage i don't think we could do much better than Adding Mikki.

Good luck on the application.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Sunnybunny
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

ubervouch for mikki!
hes a great mage and a really cool guy too!
he put loads of time and effort into the pinkies and is definately the kind of raider we want!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: