Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Northyy
Found the forum!

re: Destruction Warlock [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: British

CHARACTER

PVE

Name:Nórthy
Race: Human
Class: Warlock
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):20D, 6H, 44M

Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=N%C3%B3rthy&group=2

Set of glyphs used: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Nórthy&group=2

Willing to respec (to another role)? If need be, yes of course.[/b]
Professions and their level:Herb - 150, Inscription - 1; working on this as of now. Been getting geared etc.

What are your primary roles during a raid? DPS

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?ICC First wing 10 man. ICC 25 man (First 2 Bosses), ToTC 10 man, ToTC 25man.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday; All of them, no problem what so ever!

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days up front?As many as needed, and yes, as soon as the sign up sheets are up, i will put my name down on as soon as they're up.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? None

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? PC is fairly decent, usually get around 35-30 in the 25 man raids i've been in.

Do you ever have latency problems? Nope, stable internet

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes.

Are you using any other addons?SpartanUI, Quartz, Xperl.

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. Sorry this isn't in a raiding environment...Forum Image

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yes of course.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? I did start in 'Vanilla' WoW, then quit coming towards the start of TBC.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? I'd like to improve in my raiding experience, this being reading up on tactics everyday before the raid is schedueled to happen.

I would also like to improve on the finishing touches of knowing my class. [/b]

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PvE- The fun, also the social side to it. When you're all on vent etc.
RP- I do RP, just not good with RP "backgrounds" as such.
PvP- The stress of this is immense, and i'm usually a cool headed person.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)8-10

Do you share your account with anybody?No

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Cult of Thuzadin - They're a RP guild, i've left to persue PvE.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty; Evil and annoying! Sorry!

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! I am now!

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? I'd like to join for experience, a few laughs and serious raiding when it gets down to it.
I'd love to walking around with the "Echoes of Lordaeron" guild tag above my head!

Why do you think we should choose you? I am a skilled player, even though i haven't raided much. It's not too difficult to learn tactics.
I've also heard around that you're very good at what you do(raiding). I'd love to contribute to that!

Who can we contact for reference*?'Dáwson' who recently has been trialed.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? If the armory shows my trinket is blue. I've recently just got a new 245 trinket. Just for the heads up.

Thanks for reading this, look forward to the replies! Happy
Code: Select all
Tringle
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Gear isn't great and achievements don't seem to back him up at all...But we do need warlocks.

he can almost upgrade all his gear in icc 10.
and proffesions are Low

Sullin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Hey there, thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron. I'm the warlock class leader.

Overall the application looks decent. You've answered all questions, albeit a bit short on some Happy

Gear
Your gear is mostly T9, which is pretty outdated so far.
Head item: Wrong meta gem. Warlocks NEVER go for a 2% intellect one, since it's really shit. Get the chaotic skyflare. Also not enchanted.
Neck item is a pvp item. Try to find something else
Shoulder item: missing enchant. Also you don't seem to have any sons of hodir rep. You need this rep for the shoulder enchant. Get working on it (or have another char who can get the enchant since they're bind on account now).
Chest: lower enchant, not such a big deal, but we expect everyone to enchant it with the best possible. Besides, they're not super expensive anymore.
Wrist: Again, pvp item. Not the best.
Hands: good. Again though, no enchant?
Belt: Very good. Although it might be worth gemming for the socket bonus. If you equate it, they are usually a marginal increase in dps (10 spirit / haste is more than the 4 spellpower you lose from going to a 23 to a 12 one (since you also get the bonus)).
Leggings: decent. Enchanted and gemmed properly.
Feet: crap. No need to gem for the hit, and pretty low stats overall.
Rings: try to get rings with sockets. Run ICC10 for rep, etc. They really need the upgrade.
Both trinkets are bad. You don't need the intellect one and you sure as hell don't need the hit one.
Mainhand could also use an upgrade, so I understand the 50 spellpower. Offhand and wand are decent enough.

When it comes down to your stats:
Spellpower 2270. This is very low. (I have 2837 on wow armory for instance).
Hit 472. You have hit coming out of your ears. Mostly due to the trinket though. Try dropping the trinket and getting something better. This high is not needed.
Crit 25.16%. A bit on the low side for destro, but with raid buffs it will go to respectable levels.
Haste is extremely low. You really need more of it. Its the 2nd most sought after stat after raw spellpower.

Talent builds:
Destro one looks ok. I would however drop suppression since you really do NOT need it. You can drop it anywhere else, doesn't really matter. You could also get an improved soul leech build, but that would require you to drop 2 more points. Perhaps demonic embrace or something (I also dropped one point out of destructive reach to get it, the tanks love me for it).
Affliction build is a pvp one, so I'm not going to touch that.

Professions: Inscription is good, but get rid of herbalism. It doesn't really add anything to raiding. Gathering professions should be more for alts (I changed my herba/alch to enchanting/alch a while ago). Anyway, we need you to get your professions up QUICKLY. That is, a few weeks tops (which isn't really that quick when you play 8-10 hours a day as you state).

Overall we do need warlocks, but you are pretty far behind our current gear level. As soon as you've done the stuff I've asked (upgrade your gear, your talent build and your professions) please let us know, so we can look into it again. I'm pretty sure you can gain a lot by enchanting your gear and upgrading others.

Good luck!
Sullín

Hey mate, regarding the enchants they completely
slipped my mind.

I understand my feet are AWFUL. I've had no luck what so ever with those.

Regarding the meta gem, it just seemed the best for the position when I bought it.

Also, my trinkets are a huge upgrade to what I had, I needed new ones and I needed them quick.

I'll get to work and my professions are on the way up, herb/Inscription will be up in a maximum of 2 days. Most probably less.

I also didn't realise haste was vital as destro, the SP is the highest it will go untill I get those trinks & rings.

Cheers for the help, appreciated.
Fun-aelus
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I spoke with Nórthy the other day regarding his application. We had a little chat regarding his apply (this was before he submitted it) which was a refreshing change. It was clear from the brief chat that he had a very good attitude when it came to raiding.

Unfortunately the way this game works most of the time is gear = good results. Now, this isn't me trolling to start a gear > skill / skill > gear debate.. because by it's very nature it's the most simple decision. Gear is the tool that you use in order to make the most of your skill. ((I.E You could be the best builder [Bob, for example] in the world.. but if you leave your tools at home with Wendy, you're kinda fucked.))

The good thing about gear however is that it's upgradable. Gear is relatively easy to pick up, skill and attitude however is not. I'm quite in agreement with Sullin here in regards to the (maybe lengthy, but not impossible) changes that Nórthy could make in order to present to us that he truly has the attitude and drive to become part of the super-dooper-amazing-pro-Warlock Club.

Anyway, here's a little alternative list. (Not alternative really.. just a little of my own imput.)

Spec. - As Sullin says, you have hit coming out of your ears. I recommend putting those 3 points as follows.

Shadowfury - Without doubt, one of the most fun spells in a Destruction Warlocks arsenal, it also comes in surprisingly handy in ICC as there happens to be alot of fights either with movement or adds. (Deathwhipser, Gunship, Saurfang, Valithria, LK) Shadowfury is a massive asset in these cases. It also gives you running time and time to scream down vent for the tanks to taunt whatever mob you overaggroed before it Lolcleaves you.

Soul Link - Dead DPS = 0 DPS. 20% Damage Reduction, just cause? This without doubt saved my lame ass in so many situations and makes life a little easier for your healers when there's incoming raid dmg.

Fel Domination - Pet Dead? No worries!!

Gemming/Enchants

Agree with most things here, except one or two which I'll go into. (These aren't massive things.. just the difference between 1 and 2 DPS at times... which always makes the difference.

As a general rule for gemming, once you've met your Meta (Which is relatively easy.) Gem as so..

Red Sockets. - 23 SP.
Yellow Sockets - 23 SP (Except, where each yellow gem that you input would give you at least 5 SP socket bonus.)
Blue Sockets - 23 SP (Except, where each blue gem that you imput would give you at least 7 SP)

Taking your gear as an example.

Chest - RB Socket, +7 SP Bonus. = 23 SP, 12SP + 10 Spirit.
If you gemmed, 2 x 23 SP you would gain 46 SP.
If you gem as above, you gain 35SP + 4SP (Via Fel Armor) + 7 SP (Socket) = 46SP *and* 10 Spirit for the purposes of regen and Glyph of Life Tap *and* you match one of the blue sockets of your meta, whilst not compromising your gemming. = WIN WIN WIN

Legs - RY Socket, +7 SP Bonus = 23SP, 12SP + 10 Haste.
46SP Vs. 42SP *and* 10 Haste. = This is a winner.

Sullins recommendation for the belt goes along with this rule also.
RBP (Red, Blue, Prismatic) 7 SP Bonus. = 23 SP, 23SP, 12SP + 10 Spirit.

That's how I personally Gem as a Warlock, and I'm pretty sure it's the most efficient way to do so.

Anyway, best of Luck with your apply, hope the things I said made sense/are useful to you.
Sullin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Now that you're herbalism is still at a fairly low level, I would still strongly suggest to get something else instead of leveling it. Go for something that actually benefits your character in a raiding environment. Life blood isn't really all that (or whatever that selfheal is called) Happy.

Good options are enchanting (ring enchants), alchemy (longer duration AND more benefit... REALLY good for raiding since you need half the flasks). JC is also good ofcourse for the gems. Pretty much all other professions are good as a dpser (apart from mining, more for tanks).

Hi there, thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the recruitment officer, but since im currently writtin from my iphone I gotta get back to you later. Just wanted to let you know iv seen your app.

Norriel

EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Can't speak for locks in general, but having recently dropped Alchemy in favour of Tailoring, I can say that Tailoring is a very nice dps boost (Lightweave) and is very easy to level at 80. Definitely something to consider, I'd say.

Good luck with your application.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Shouldn't there be craftable boots somewhere?

I'm going to vouch for JC&Inscription regarding the profession levels.

Time to prove i'm worth your time, you'll see me in a matter of days. Cheers for the feedback guys/
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Saraesa / Liesje wrote:
Shouldn't there be craftable boots somewhere?

Not everyone has sufficient emblems or gold to get those.

especially hard to get for someone barely able to raid icc 10.

Northyy
Found the forum!

I have sufficent gold, just try to get a drop first before asking around.
Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Well, making sure you don't waste the money you can use on other upgrades or so is a smart thing to do.

Also smart; making sure you're in the best state you can be before applying to a raiding guild.

However, you seem pretty quite confident regarding the phase you can level your proffesions, and furthermore a communicative and friendly chap.

Good Luck on your application. Happy

Thank you for the reply mate, working on everything now.

Yeah, this was my best state...believe it or not! :P
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: