Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Northyy
Found the forum!

re: Destruction Warlock [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex:Male
Nationality:English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name:Nórthy
Race:Human
Class:Warlock
Level:80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):22D, 3H & 55M

Talent Built(Armory link please):http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=N%C3%B3rthy&group=2

Set of glyphs used:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=N%C3%B3rthy&group=2
Willing to respec (to another role)?

Professions and their level:JewelCrafting - 450, Inscription - 100 (Inscription will be maxed in 2 days, just bare with me please)

What are your primary roles during a raid?DPS

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
VoA25/10(All)
ICC25 Man - First wing (All) ICC10 Man - (First 3 bosses)
ToTC10 - All, ToTC25(All but last boss)

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.Yes. All raids.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?All that's possible, i will sign up when the sign up sheets go up.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?None i'm afraid.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?Fairly Decent PC - 35 FPS.

Do you ever have latency problems?No, Stable!

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?Yes

Are you using any other addons?Xperl, SpartanUI, Bartender, Elkano's buff bars.

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.
Forum Image

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?Of course

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? I'm not good with "Backgrounds" as such.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? Started in Vanilla, then quit at the start of TBC. Came back in the middle of WoTLK.

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? Generally getting to know my character that bit better, as 300 DPS more can be a hell of a difference!

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PvE - The Social & Serious Side - Nothing like the relief when you finally kill a boss!
RP- The relaxing and fun side.
PvP- The pure stress of this, i can't find this fun.

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)8-10

Do you share your account with anybody?No

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?Cult of Thuzadin - RP guild, wanted to persue PvE!

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty Evil...and annoying.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! Ermm...well i wasn't!

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
I've heard very positive feedback coming from other players about this guild, the pure dedication and organisation i'd like to be a part of.

Why do you think we should choose you?
I am a very commited and fairly skilled player! I'd love to help with adding a friendly, sociable guy & also show commiment and that i am worth your time!

Who can we contact for reference*?Dáwson

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?The hit trinket you reccommended i get rid of, is still sat there because i've had no luck in 'PoS'. I've been trying to get the Never Melting Ice-Crystal for weeks!

Also, thank you for reading my application a second time. I hope i've done enough!
Sullin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

wow I really like the commitment here Happy
You gotten exalted with SoH in 4 days, gotten JC up from 0 to 450, and I'm sure your inscription will also work out pretty well Happy

You have gone up like 200 spellpower already, and if I'm correct, also a bucketload of haste. Replaced one of the rings with the ICC one, new boots, new bracers (not enchanted yet though ;)). Respecced too.

Overall I'm very impressed.

Just a question: do you know why you had to change the things we pointed out, and secondly, do you think you have noticed an increase in your potential (as in DPS)? I ask this because we are looking for people who continually strive to better themselves as a player (and ofcourse outside of that too, but that might be a bit too much philosophic for a game hehe).
Seeing your flaws, acknowledging them and then acting on them is key to improving. As far as I can tell, you seem to be doing pretty good on all three accounts.

A last question, have you read and watched the tactics for all of ICC and not just the bit you've done?

I'll be discussing your case a bit more with the officers, so please bear with me. You are still behind on gear and especially raiding experience, but in my eyes you seem to have potential. So please bear with me.

Hey mate, cheers for the swift reply.

Yes i do, the haste helps alot with the quick bursts and the overall settling of my DPS. Which is very handy!

Regarding "Do you know why you had to change the things we pointed out" - Of course, they were flaws in my overall set-up which affected DPS. Especially the gemming, the minor boosts from them all add up!

I have looked at the tactics, and will carry on doing.

The enchant for my bracers weren't on AH! So i will be checking!

Ok mate, cheers again for the reply. Hope i have showed the commitment!
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

sorry for the OT here, but your UI is aswesome Happy simple and easy.

Northyy
Found the forum!

Haha! Cheers mate, nothing like a slick simplistic look ay! Happy
Sunnybunny
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

yay for me getting acces to teh interwebz again!

gear needs work still. assuming your saving frost badgers for t10 you should lose some hit that way.your screenie shows you as doing the quest for a new weapon so you should drop more hit there (iirc the stats of the thing that is). personally i'd chuck a 4th bit of t9 on if you have it and swap out when you get your next bit of t10. the 4 part bonus will be better than the stat gain for 1 piece of gear.

atm your trinkets are a massive let down though.
128 intellect is balls. its such a wasted stat atm. until they change it to effect SP (cataclysm) its worth feck all.
your hit trinket is just not needed atm aswell.
your better off grabbing the trinket from herojism badges straight away. the crit and SP proc will no doubt serve you better than what you currently have untill you can sort them out

spec looks okish. for 25 mans thats pretty much what you want.replenishment will be covered so no worries about that.
i'd be worried about 10 mans though. you currently bring deeps and thats it. no replenishment,dp,isb. it looks like your off is a pvp affly build. i wonder why you have one when you said that pvp is stressy and not fun?
have you tried demo or affly pve at all?personally i aways found them soooo much more fun than destro and it wouldn't hurt to have a spare spec thats a bit more usefull.

looks like a nice ap and stuff. i didn't get a look at you when you applied the first time but from the sounds of it your trying hard which is nice.

i do wonder why you bothered with SoH when youve got inscription though. the best bit of being a scribe is not having to farm that bloody rep.

Found the forum!

Alright mate, can finally reply now i'm not at college.

If you read my other application i'm still working on trinkets mate. No luck what so ever.

Also, i'd prefer to not put the extra piece of tier on. Being honest, i haven't really noticed a DPS difference just an increase due to my new gear Happy
Sunnybunny
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

nope didn't read the first one ^^
trinks are a bugger to upgrade due to having 2 slots and not many of them dropping compared to everyone wanting them so dont worry about it too much.

i can assure you the t9 will be an increase over a single upgrade (in terms of theorycrafting that is). but tbh with the amount of frost badges out there you shouldn't be needing to worry about it anyway cuz you'll get more t10 soon im sure

im still wondering about your specs. in 10 mans you dont look like you'l bring anything to the raid. i dont mean that in an insulting way, its just that we have 3 viable trees all with debuffs and you've got none of them atm.

Found the forum!

I understand the concern, i'm still deciding which spec to go for 10 man raid.

I'm thinking demo but...i've never played demo before! I'm fairly experienced in affi. So don't worry, i am getting round to it, just being sure of a spec before i dive in!
Sullin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

if you like tanking, go demo Happy I do it in heroics all the time (and in 25's too if I get a smexy healer.

Aha, bit of WL tanking! :D

I generally don't have a clue about demo though, rotation etc...
Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Since I commented on your last app, I might aswell have a quick word on this one... wink

Kudos for the way you improved spec, gear, and as it seems, knowledge on the class (although I'll leave that to the locks to judge 'bout).
Great display of dedication and motivation, which is alot more important then a piece of gear.

Overall, you seem to have a great attitude, which might be enough to cover for the lack of experience in raiding, if I may word it a bit blunt.

In short -- Good Luck on your app! Happy

Sullin wrote:
if you like tanking, go demo Happy I do it in heroics all the time (and in 25's too if I get a smexy healer.

What is the world (of warcraft) coming to!
Sullin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

trust me, i still die excessively :P

Tut, you've got to love the On Topic here ay! ;)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: