Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Vikong

re: Vikong (Hunter Survival) [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Portuguese

CHARACTER

PVE

Name:Vikong
Race:Dwarf
Class:Hunter
Level:80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):50 days, 20hours, 19mins
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=vikong
Set of glyphs used: Major: Glyph of Kill Shot, Explosive Shot, Serpenting Sting
Willing to respec (to another role)?
Tryed Marksman but didnt worked out (not funny) :P
Professions and their level:
Engineer: 450 ; Minning (LOW) :P need to level Minning..
What are your primary roles during a raid?
Misdirection on tank, nuke the boss acording to raid setup/tactics and do my best Happy
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
I started playing wow about 1 year ago, so didnt played much Burning Crusade Raids, point was getting to lvl80 .. so most experience on raids are on Lich King, almost all Happy ICC just did first wing and first 2 boss's on second wing ..
Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
Sure, im studying during the day but at 18:00h im home and ready to play wow till 00:00 on weekends more Happy only if something important comes up that i cant come online.
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
Yes, i want to do all raids i can .. i like doing raids for fun too not all about getting gear so yes all raids i can :D
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
None that come on mind maybe icc10 first wing =/
What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
No lagg at all Happy
Do you ever have latency problems?
Had a few time ago but everything's ok now.
Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
Sorry didnt got the addons ur using link broken =/ but im using DBM, Recount, QuestHelper, got Vent and TS2.
Are you using any other addons?
Those i wrote up.
Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.
Dont have any atm im affraid =/
RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?
Sure.
Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
Honest, funny, small (dwarf) -.- , would say nasty :P (didnt got his haircut yet) rofl, mature and very friendly.
GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?
About 1 year ago.
What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
Think i got almost of dps rotation (thing i didnt knew about 2 months ago), still need some improvements on gear.
PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
I love PvE (raids) from the hardest ones to the easiests .. A do like a lot of PvP love doing BGs and Arena. RP i dont do much but i think its pretty cool if there are a group doing it Happy
So: PvE > PvP > RP.
How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
I do play a lot .. like 5 hours day or so maybe more, on weekends play like 10.
Do you share your account with anybody?
No.
What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
My first one was Valiant Storm (friend invited and helped me leveling and teaching me how to play this game), then i was looking for something more to get into raids, thats when i went to Protest coz other friend was there but then there was a confusion poeple leaving and i didnt like the ambient so i left too, then i joined Greek Avatars wich was a really nice guild but leader left and some others too same cause, i got bored got it wasnt the same without the leader, then i went to Rumsey Rumblers but left 2 days after i joined (as recruiter) coz i just had 2 friends there and didnt actually liked some people there. Then i joined Atonement (where i am atm) wich is a really really nice guild, everyone very friendly all good people, but im looking for a guild that do more raids 10 as 25man ones, so i decided to leave my tank there coz i've made a lot of friends already there and leader is really good person, but i kinda need a pro raiding guild for this character so i looked around and saw u guys are a really nice raiding guild and decided to post here and hope to be accepted Happy

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
c) TASTY :D
Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
Yes :P
Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
Good raiding guild (from now all i got) Happy
Why do you think we should choose you?
Im an active player always up to anything and can help who needs and been helped Happy Can provide all i have on my Engineer as supplies to everyone and meet new friends :D
Who can we contact for reference*?
Ximokoh, Shunto, Scarlie, Raissa, Sollarius, all the members i got into (that i said before) ...
Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?
Nope. Thats all. Thank you.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
dreamdust.melee
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

*quote* then i went to Rumsey Rumblers but left 2 days after i joined (as recruiter) coz i just had 2 friends there and didnt actually liked some people there.

Well you left rumsey since you said we were too organised and now you say you want a hardcore guild bit strange.

Just one question, if you had the choice between 2 raids and which one to go too, the first being an ICC25 where you kill the first 8-9 bosses which have been killed often by the guild, or the second night one where you will be taking on a progression boss which will more than likely end in a high repair bill but a unsuccessful night and no boss kill. Well which one would you choose?

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

dont answer its a trap!

Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

Miriel, the CR and Recruitment Officer should be around tomorow to look over your application.

Emee

Linven
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Logged out in PVP gear, please log out in your proper PVE gear Happy

I saw you ingame earlier on, and noticed you were missing shoulder enchant and headenchant was with resilience as far as I remember. AP enchant on boots as well --> how come you havent gone for agi on boots?

Specs: What I'm guessing is your PVE spec, is to be fair, very very weird and I think you've missed some good talents, and gone for some wrong ones.

Can you explain why you went for Improved Aspect of the Hawk?
How come you haven't gone for Resourcefulness, which lowers your BA CD, which gives you more Explosive Shots?
Why have you specced your pet like you have, and do you think it does a maximum DPS output?

Not even started on SoH rep farm and Ebon Blade on neutral.

Professions are really behind as well, mining on 123 - could go for much better solutions such as JC.

Good luck on your application, our Class representative will be around shortly I'm guessing.

//Mariya out.

Look i left Rumsey coz i didnt like it, i gave a quick excuse coz didnt wanted to raise more questions, but looks like it have a lot of importance to some people. I play this game to have fun and meet people, when i dont like the place or the people im with, i leave and i posted the guy who recruited me why i left, you got some nice ppl there , but overral i didnt like it, simple.

I dont mind wiping if all people do their best, has long has it is fun and we get a laugh or atleast progression, its good enough for me, anyways i join wich ever raid im needed most. Hope i dont got into the trap Jeanus :P

About the spec, i was trying out some talent builds to see wich one would give me the maximum dps output. About the pet, well used those to level up and never changed it, forgot about those.
About the professions, well, when i started playing this game all i wanted was to get to level 80 without thinking about professions or other stuff, so only when i dinged 80 and started to get what this game is all about i started to improve it, as i said on my post i started playing this game 1 year ago so i dont really have lots of gold, so i was leveling it slowly. Anyway getting more gold now and Minning will be eraised for LW or JC still thinking wich one will benefit more.

About the enchants (reputation with SoH and Ebon Blade), well i got to admit i feel like a noob, but i never really heard much about those reputations, just googled it rigth now and found out the enchants im missing can be obtained if i raise my reputation with them. Will get those reps up as fast as i can, anyway, should be easy since i can trade emblems of triumph for reputation, just need to start doing some of the starting quests.

Anyway Thorki/Mariya, thanks a lot for all the tips u gave me Happy

Linven
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=3&tal=000000000000000000000000000053051010000000000000000005000032500033330532135301321

This is the cookie cutter spec for Survival hunters. A few points can be rearranged, but this is the basics.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?pid=7&tal=201000130300003010101

Best DPS spec there is for your wolf atm.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-hunter/ - Check this forum for questions, there are some decent guides in there. Also use elitistjerks.

I'd recommend you go for JC, it's the most beneficial profession atm.

EDIT: For boot enchant:
Icewalker: ONLY if you lack hit
16 agi: Classic pure dps enchant
Cat's Swiftness: Agi + movement speed

//Mariya

Hey, nice links thanks a lot Happy
Btw, i've changed my specc, got Revered on SoH, changed pet specc, missing Ebon Blade and the JC cheers m8.
Oh and btw, with that spec and everything i had before i was doing around 6k dps, will try now with the improvements to see if it raises a lot ;)

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I will comment as soon as armory has updated your spec Happy

Norriel
Hunter Class Representative.
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

From a general (not hunter-specific) point of view, you have alot of hit, try to get something better than that crappy mark of supremacy (greatness card is still prety good, alot cheaper these days too). I personally wouldn't reccomend anything but Tuskarr's Vitality or Nitro Boosts as a boot enchant, movement speed buffs are completely crucial in every single dificult fight in ICC. Also, your meta gem appears to be inactive, put a [Nightmare Tear] in whatever non-red socket will give you the largest agi boost.

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Vikong 3

Ok mate, will get the +10stats but dont really get it why stamina + speed is better then AP enchant =/ but thanks for the tips and i hope u could explain me that Happy cheers

Linven
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Derdriu. wrote:
From a general (not hunter-specific) point of view, you have alot of hit, try to get something better than that crappy mark of supremacy (greatness card is still prety good, alot cheaper these days too). I personally wouldn't reccomend anything but Tuskarr's Vitality or Nitro Boosts as a boot enchant, movement speed buffs are completely crucial in every single dificult fight in ICC. Also, your meta gem appears to be inactive, put a [Nightmare Tear] in whatever non-red socket will give you the largest agi boost.

Cat's Swiftness is better than Tuskars --> Agi + movement speed.

Forum Pet

A lot of fights are about movement, either moving out of harmful things or moving towards friends or even into range of the boss

The less time you spend standing in something bad/out of range/not where you are supposed to be, the less time you will be doing DPS

It might seem trivial for a ranged class but I garuntee it will save your life one day
Isvan
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Every fight in ICC requires you to move as a hunter once or twice, and often a lot. Moving 8% faster means you use up 8% less time moving -> several seconds more DPS. I believe the maths work out as putting Tuskarr's ahead of the AP enchant as long as you move more than 8 seconds per minute. This is pretty certain to happen in most every fight in ICC- not to mention making it easier ont he healers (less ticks of AoE) and keeping you alive (Sindragosa AoE, Icehowl charge, Anub spike chase for example).

Arg. I typed too much and got double ninja'd wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: