Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Sartarius88

re: Sartarius (Assanation rogue ) ;D [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Polish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Sartarius
Race: Gnome
Class: Rogue
Level:80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):
85 days 15 h on lev 80 64 days 7h
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Sartarius
Set of glyphs used: Major: Mutilate ,Fok, Hunger for blood
Willing to respec (to another role)?
i can go bambat sword too ;D but its expensive on regemming;/

Professions and their level:
JC: 450 ; Enchanting 450 i got blade ward from uldu
What are your primary roles during a raid?
1 Don t die ;D
2. do my best in dps
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
i started play this char when Wotk come i raided Naxx 25/10 uldu 25/10
my previous guild was doing mostly 10 man coz we were out of ppl ;/
in the beggining of wow i raided Vanilla , Molten core Blackwing lair ;D
Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.

hmm atm im nolife mode ;D there no problem for me .
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
well i can raid 6/7 one day for farm gold for repairs ;D
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
well the best achievement i got are Yogg saron on 10 man and Less Rabi ;D
What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
dalaran 40 fps around on max details ony 25 is 30 fps on whelps on max details too ;D
Do you ever have latency problems?
this server sometimes Dc me;/ i hate that
Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
sure
Are you using any other addons?
Recount ,MSCT, Atlassloot , gearscore(sometimes)
Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.
i use standard UI ;D

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?
Sure.
Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
I m sexy (specially in pvp set) ;D Curius, sometimes silly ;p

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?
About 5 year ago.
What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
i need to improve my pvp skill , also i could get better gear for pve to do more dps ;D
PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
i love pve (leveling and raiding) i love pvp to kill some hordie on world pvp or in bg make me happy ;D and rp hmm i m not so good in rp coz i don t know speak english like an English ;/

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
this is hard ... sorry im a nolife mode ...i play wow too much atm
Do you share your account with anybody?
No.
What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
pogranicznicy ... we were a little group for raid 10 man and sometime we did not raid even ... btw Dranieq and Azade are my friends ;D

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
c)

Lol i am a Gnome , Gnomes are funny ;D
Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
if the GM is a female i could get married with ;D
Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
is one of the best raiding guild of SSl ;D nice guild name too
Why do you think we should choose you?
i m a little gnome seching for friends /cry
i m good dps (but not well geard as u are) i know u don t need melee i can be in your scrub team . also i would like hear once again the voice of Azadewhen raiding ;p
Who can we contact for reference*?
well dranieQ Azade from your guild . don t who more ... i know almost all in this little server ;p
Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?

I u need i got also a Dk tank my little alt ;p
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Sarthas
i hope u will look into my apply positively ,
thx BB
Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

Least it's not alll bold!

Hey there though, I'm sure the recruitment officers and Majandra the rogue CR will be around shortly to have a look.

Happy

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Fixed ;)

EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Sartarius, Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Majandra is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

At the moment we are very full in the melee group and we have about 4 active rogues. This doesn't mean we wont take in exceptionally good players.

Your application looks fine to me, however you dont have any raiding experiance with ToC or ICC. Why is that? (looked through your achivements, and it seems you have raided there. Why not mention it? I'd say they are almost more important to mention than Naxx and Ulduar :P)
Also you say that the server DC you sometimes, how much is sometimes?

I looked at your reputation tab and I went O.o exaulted with 17 factions..... Good work there thats what I call dedication :P

When Majandra has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

i did not mendiot it becouse i tought they are so obvious ;D
i raided toc 25 (clear) toc 10 (clear) no experience with togc25 (never been there ;/ ) togc 10 till Valkirs (we almost did them and we never tryied again ;/ )
my progres in icc 10 is till putricid , icc 25 pugging and i did there the first wing ;D.
Styiez
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Hello there.
My name is Styiez, but everyone calls me Sty or just ignores me completely. I'm not the rogue class rep, but seems like Majandra is touching himself and not being around, I'll take a quick look.

Talents
Well, seems like you're using a pretty nice Mutilate-spec, although there is something I would personally change. Switch the 2 points from Blood Spatter to Fleet Footed. Some (if not most) of the ICC encounters involve a lot of running around, so I'd personally take this. Other than that, I think the spec is the best one DPS-wise for Mutilate.

Gemming
I'm no expert when it comes to Mutilate, but I think you wanna gem for AP / haste instead of pure agility. Of course, you should still try to keep your Hit Rating at the poison cap (315) and Expertise capped (26), but other than that, you should put +40 AP to red gem slots, +20 AP & +10 haste to yellow gem slots and +10 all stats to blue gem slot / belt socket.

Enchanting
Everything in order here.

This was just a quick dive to your character, maybe the class rep has something more to add to this.
Overall your gear is better than mine.

Thank you,
~Sty.

Hey there Sartarius, i'm Majandra EoL rogue class repsetentative and i will be inspecting your application regarding class matters. I'll give my pointers (if needed) and recommendations, but as Miriel mentioned the final decision comes from the recruitment team.

Let's start with the talent tree and glyphs that go with it:
Seems pretty standard spec for mutilate although i see you took blood spatter over fleet footed. At least before the next patch i would still see fleet footed to be more of dps boost regarding that in icc there's plenty of fights that benefit from it, Putricide, Sindragosa, Lich King, Blood Princes, Valithria, Rotface.. just for starters. Also reasoning for this is that your main finisher is Envenom, keeping bleed up with rupture or garrote is just means to get to HfB. For glyphing i'd say change the FoK glyph to TotT. FoK benefits you on large mobpacks, but most boss fights in ICC are still single target fights at least for rogues. Specially with T10 2pc set bonus you'll want to keep TotT up everytime it's off cd, benefits you but even more it benefits the whole raid after all raid dps > personal dps. Also for 3rd minor glyph i'd advise getting Glyph of Safe Fall, it may just save your life.

Moving on to professions:
2 full leveled professions, just the way i like to see them. JC always strong and enchanting does well enough too.

Experience:
Exalted wotlk reps speak that you've been around this expansion.
On the raiding side i see naxx done which is a good place to start.
Ulduar10 done, 25man missing onward the keepers, i see reasoning a small guild which is understandable. togc10 half done and 25man normal done. Icc first wing and 10man festergut. So there's some base knowledge here, progression is a guild effort after all.

Enchants:
Seems to be in order.

Gemming:
Gemming for exp cap is fine, it's best to achieve cap through gear though.
But for mutilate or even combat atm gemming for agi isn't really viable.
For muti i'd say pure haste gemming and ap+haste for red sockets is the way to go at the moment. For combat it's either pure ap or arp. If needed also hit gemming to reach the cap ain't that big of a problem, but same thing as with exp, poison cap from gear is the best option. Mixing agi and ap just isn't practical, and the offhand ap+resilience is just something i ain't even gonna comment.

Gear:
in general your gear seems to be in nice shape for 10man icc. Tier10 4pc and only couple pieces under icc level.

Stats:
Poison hit cap is achieved, expertise cap is in order.
Considering that you're mutilate specced loosing some arp for haste would be the way to update from here on.

Overall:
With some tuning the overall package seems to be headed for the right direction. Decently geared although lacking a bit on experience of the end icc content. In normal recruitment conditions i'd say worth a testrun (heroics doesn't really show out full rogue capabilities) so it would be something like togc25. Although i have to say that at the moment the current roster melee dps amount is astonishing. Regardless of the situation i wish you good luck with your application.

-Majandra, EoL rogue class representative

Step 1: Be Awesome! Step 2: ??? Step 3: Profit!
Sartarius88

Hello Majandra

i gemed always Agi >Haste >Crit , and read many times different sites and checking Rawr before get a spec or before gemmed , i missed to read Ap is better than Agi somehow (Fail ;p) .
I still need gem some expertise till i get Boots from LW and gem 34 hit till i get the ring from icc 25;/ or 2nd option the chest from icc 25 , the i ll be fine with caps.
i used glyph of Fok for trashes and hc (i don t like when someone say to me u are better geared then me and u are doing less dps ;/ ) , i can change into glyph of tot np for me ;D.

p.s. I want to add on my apply then i was once on LK fight . i was invited by my friend (ex unnatural) but we did not defeat him
Sartarius88

P.s I have done rotface (10 man) but on my Dk , tanking the slime ;D
Merke
EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

Quote:

i gemed always Agi >Haste >Crit , and read many times different sites and checking Rawr before get a spec or before gemmed , i missed to read Ap is better than Agi somehow (Fail ;p) .

p.s. I want to add on my apply then i was once on LK fight . i was invited by my friend (ex unnatural) but we did not defeat him

Haste will definately be above Agility (And Crit) for Mutilate.

How far did you get on LK10, and how do you rate your own performance?
- Do you have any logs of recent raids?
- Care to join me in a heroic?

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Sartarius88

on lk 10 we reach secont faze but some of ppl in raid was doing not very good dps and we were wiping on first Valkir in there;/
i m saved only in toc 10 and voa10/25 this week
As said Majandra : heroics doesn't really show out full rogue capabilities ( sometimes fighting boss i can t do full rotation ;p )
But sure i can join hc with u ;D i ll find you ingame
Frostscythe
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Aren't we very melee heavy at the moment?

I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Fast Badges'.
Styiez
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Maera / Frosty wrote:
Aren't we very melee heavy at the moment?

We're not "very melee heavy" - more like "insanely heavy" :>

Quote:
Gemming for exp cap is fine, it's best to achieve cap through gear though.
But for mutilate or even combat atm gemming for agi isn't really viable.
For muti i'd say pure haste gemming and ap+haste for red sockets is the way to go at the moment. For combat it's either pure ap or arp. If needed also hit gemming to reach the cap ain't that big of a problem, but same thing as with exp, poison cap from gear is the best option. Mixing agi and ap just isn't practical, and the offhand ap+resilience is just something i ain't even gonna comment.

Quote:
Haste will definately be above Agility (And Crit) for Mutilate.

Crit is shit, Agi's a thing of Ulduar times, and well behind AP for mutilate but you just don't stack-gem pure haste. You can toss in the odd one but whether or not you do that you should base on a spreadsheet. Rule of thumb is that you gem yellow sockets if the socket bonus is a AP, expertise, hit and arguably agility, and red sockets everywhere else except for where matching a blue socket gives a good socketbonus (say +8 AP) where your tear should go.

Again, download a spreadsheet - Aldriana's is fine and easy to use. You can test different combinations of gems and gear there and see what's best, but you can't get away just stacking what you think might be best in a guild that aims for as high as EoL does.

And gemming pure AP for combat, Elis? That's pretty shortsighted wink. Combat combines haste, agility or AP (or ArPen, ideally if you have a trinket with a proc), hit, and expertise (if needed).

Bottom line: I resent the "gem stat X mindlessly"-attitude a lot of rogues take on these days. Our class is easy enough in PvE.

Furthermore, Rupture and Blood Splatter are shit, you don't use Rupture unless you're HaT, in which case you should also glyph it. Fleet Footed is massive in fights like LK (as, I might add, is Deadly Brew, which I spec into for LK).

All that said, your gemming doesn't seem to be bad at all and you shouldn't have a problem breaking 9K DPS on Saurfang if not 10.

Quote:
checking Rawr

Lol. Rawr is good for mages, EJ has branded raw as being horrible for rogues in the state it's in.

Point taken Edri, one thing though is also not to blindly trust on spreadsheets, mine said to gem stack pure +20 hit whilst sitting at nearly 400 hit rating. But yeah using your own head and a bit of a help from theorycrafters gets you a long way.

My point wasn't completely pure haste gemming, more ap+haste since, most our slots are red or yellow, although whilst reading EJ, haste is where it seems to be heading. Of course fine adjusting hit and exp where needed.

As for combat, shortminded or not there are some points in stacking stats, since the bonuses are easily overwritten by epic gems.
Arp is the one that benefits the most from stacking and not just with a trinket, around 700-800 arp rating it already starts to pull ahead of ap once again, ap comes behind, but is better combined with haste (the major point i missed in my original post), but agi is as old ulduar relic for combat as it is for assassination.

That might change depending on the next patch. Problem is that when closing in on full icc gear the amount of crit from agility and pure becomes an issue in the form of capping. Sitting around 50% unbuffed and after buffs around 60% spreadsheet starts yelling red from crit, which makes it even less desirable. Highest i've hit was 67% raid buffed without trinket procs and that was just pure madness.
Hit and exp again for fine adjusting, for combat hit more than exp, since the cap is ridiculously easy to achieve.
Socket bonuses being the key for all gemming, with epic gems the bonuses get easily overwritten though, i'd say this also being the reason for massive gem stacking rogues.

Step 1: Be Awesome! Step 2: ??? Step 3: Profit!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: