Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
unïque (holy)
Found the forum!

re: unïque holy priest [On Hold]

REAL LIFE

Sex: male
Nationality: dutch

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: unïque
Race: night elf
Class: priest
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 64 days
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Un%C3%AFque&gn=Cenarion+Serpents
Set of glyphs used: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Un%C3%AFque&gn=Cenarion+Serpents
Willing to respec (to another role)? prefer not but if needed its fine by me.
Professions and their level: tailor 450 / enchanting 450

What are your primary roles during a raid? healing

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Did some nice raiding back in TBC, quited playing wow during WoTLK just before Ulduar. Recently started again playing. I have done almost all raids.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes the time shouldnt be a problem, except i work in shifts, so i can't be on EVERY day.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? Like i said above I work in shifts so I can't participate in all raids, but trying to be there as much I can.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Don't care much about achievements, but i guess "the undying" title can be relevant.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? At the moment my laptop since my desktop has been crashed. Hoping to get it back any time soon.

Do you ever have latency problems? No

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes

Are you using any other addons? Healbot, Pomtracker, Bartender, Omen, Decursive, DBM

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yes, but honestly i do not care about RP.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? During TBC

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? there is always area's that could improve, im open for feedback and willing to learn.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE!!

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 3-4 hours when im on. 3 - 4 days, somethimes more depends on work.

Do you share your account with anybody? No

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Cenarion Serpents on this char.
Other char (Acantha) Intra Vires and AoT

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty ??

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! ??

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? I think EoL is one of the most respected guilds of the server. I'm looking for a guild who is making progress, since my guild isn't making it at the moment. I like to have some tight guild rules to be sure that nobody can slack during raids.

Why do you think we should choose you? I'm a friendly player who is willing to help anyone. I play for fun but I like to make progress. Willing to change spec if I get some help with upgearing from the guild.

Who can we contact for reference*? Prob. guild leader of Cenarion Serpents (moondancer / bracer)

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

I'm no priest, but your glyph choices look a bit odd to me, specifically flash heal and prayer of healing. Can you explain these choices?

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
unïque (holy)
Found the forum!

Derdriu. wrote:
I'm no priest, but your glyph choices look a bit odd to me, specifically flash heal and prayer of healing. Can you explain these choices?

Hi,

I can explain them, i use Flash heal to get serendipity x3 and then I cast a Prayer of healing faster 1.6 ipv 2.6 sec.
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Prayer of healing is actually a viable glyph that most [riests use derdriu

I will comment on your application abit later hun

Right..

spec: 5/5 empowered healing is wasted alot of fights these days we never use greater heal and flash heal is barely used outside of surge of light procs.

no test of faith or blessed resilience both very useful talents which may look like PvP Talents but are in nearly every holy build if not all ive seen.

what are your thoughts on the body & Soul talent and why havent you taken it?

Glyphs: Flash Heal glyph is pretty poo these days as we flash nowherenear as much.. theres only one glyph slot we have a choice with the other two should have the circle of healing and guardian spirit glyphs, you have neither i suggest you get them.

Gear: Overall not terrible though your haste is very low i suggest swapping the sp/int gems for sp/haste.

can you explain why you got Lightweave legs crafted when the non-spirit Caster version are better for Holy priests?

Chatterbox

Hey unïque,

Nice to see another Dutch 26-year-old healing priest.

Your gear looks ok, some upgrades can be found from sources like Frost Emblems & TogC. The crafted ICC items are nice.

I'm a pure Disc priest, don't know much about the Holy theories that much. However, most Holy theorycrafters weigh Spirit 1,5x higher than Haste which might explain your choice for the Lightweave Leggings.

Riha made some valid points about the talents. B&S is such a win during mobile fights.

GL with your appplication.

Prayer of healing is actually a viable glyph that most

heya Riha,

thank you for your reply on my talents cq gear.

I took empowered healing since i use Flash heal fairly much for the serendipity buff, that was mainly the reason why i took it and why I took the glyph.

Hmmm with test of faith you might be actually right... maybe a litle respec will do for it.

I didn't chose for blessed Resilience because i realy thought it was a PVP talent. As a healer I (hopefully) don't get to many hits on me. And the 3% +healing didn't seem a very good talent to me, since i took empowered healing for it and that one gave on my flash heal 20% +healing.

The body & soul talent seem to me more like a pvp talent. I don't use very often PW:S if there is an Disc priest in the group. His PW:S is actually improved. In that case is mine outdated and only usable in those litle panic moments.

I took the glyph beacuase I kinda use flash more then often, but will buy circle of healing glyph since i use that spell a lot.

Gear: well im kinda unlucky on rolls, so its mainly crafted/badge gear, but i got to start somewhere. I thought this is a nice starting gear to begin some real raiding with. But im still running for emblems of frost for some nice upgrades.

The main reason why I took the lightweave leggings is for the spirit. It's still a crafted item and it will be replaced if possible.

that was a whole lot of typing. *smile*
Riha many thanks for your comment, i'm gonna respec and think about the other things you pointed at. It's nice to have people look critical at your character, that way I can actually make some improvements.
Thank you for you time and effort.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
unïque (holy)
Found the forum!

The post above was mine, but i forgot to log in...
unïque (holy)
Found the forum!

Qeal wrote:
Hey unïque,

Nice to see another Dutch 26-year-old healing priest.

Your gear looks ok, some upgrades can be found from sources like Frost Emblems & TogC. The crafted ICC items are nice.

I'm a pure Disc priest, don't know much about the Holy theories that much. However, most Holy theorycrafters weigh Spirit 1,5x higher than Haste which might explain your choice for the Lightweave Leggings.

Riha made some valid points about the talents. B&S is such a win during mobile fights.

GL with your appplication.

heya Qeal,

ty for your reply. Awesome to meet some dutch wow-ers ;)
Still running for badge upgrades tho.
I did choose the lightweave leggings for the spirit indeed.
Since Riha and you pointed at B&S I respecced today and took B&S and Test of Faith and bought myself a glyph of circle of healing.
Thank you for the advice.
Airsha
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I think you can't really comparey directly spirit vs haste. It depends on other parts of the gear and if you have mana issues or not.

You are heavily gemming int / spirit - regens stats. I don't buy you have this kind of mana issues you need to gem purely for regen / choose regen (and tbh quite bad) pants instead of little better throughput ones. You use Flash glyph on top of that - another "mana regen" part which is completely unecessary imho. (I see now on armory you changed it, that's nice).

As for the talent changes they look pretty ok now. Body and soul is not PvP talent it is often life saver and has a lot of use on many encounters (mainly to cover for fack ups, but well.. everyone makes mistakes). Lack of GS glyph worries me though - looks like you don't using that awesome spell as often as you should. In good hands it is really good spell. One of the best in holy priest's arsenal. You should swap PoH / renew glyph for that (both I find pretty situational, and renew glyph is not really big throughput gain IMHO).

So in the end - I would swap some gems for sp / haste and probably even to spi / haste in blue gems. I would throw away ugly meta gem as well. Mana proc one is a lot better for holy. I would get GS glyph as well. Otherwise you look very promising in my opinion - your character is enchanted and gem with most recent stuff and you take advises really good. That's a big plus!

Good luck with your application!
Airtroll

Forum Pet

With Blessed Resilience when you think about it you gain a straight 3% to every healing spell in a holy priests arsenal it adds up especially as in the later ((read Blood wing/Proff/Dream)) you probably wont be flash healing alot like i said i normally on flash on a surge proc.

as Airsha pointed out B&S is a very very useful talent it solves alot of fack ups that otherwise could may have well been wipes E.G Shielding the person being targetted by the orange slime on Proffessor so they can get more distance between them and the add, Shielding the person targetted by icehowl on Heroic beasts, Helping the ranged Kite adds on saurfang ETC.

Also The Guardian Spirit glyph could well be the best glyph available to us and should be a staple glyph in any priests setup aws the Glyph means if the effect doesnt proc the CD is reduced to a minute yet you still got +40% healing on the target for the duration of the Spell :D

The Gemming concerns me your gemming purely regen and ignoring throughput same as some of your gearing choices and i honestly dont think your Healing output will be high enough for the more intense fights in ICC so i advise you take Airshas advice ((He is the best priest i know by far and taught me all i know so its good advice :D)) other than that a question i feel i have to ask is... How do you feel about playing Disc? :P we currently only have one mainspec disc priest so i wouldnt mind if you could have it as your offspec :D

Upping the guild post count

Hey there Unïque. Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Isvan is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

At the moment we have a recruitment hold, however it wont stop us from taking in exceptionally good plays, along with roles where we actually do need people. Not saying your neither, just have to let you know about the current situation.

First impression when I read through your application is that your answers to a lot of the questions are very short and not very explaining Happy So all in all a very thin application that doesn’t really give me an impression as to wether you’re an asset to the guild or not.

Quote:
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Did some nice raiding back in TBC, quited playing wow during WoTLK just before Ulduar. Recently started again playing. I have done almost all raids.

I’d like to know where you went in TBC and if it was before the massive nerf :P
Also when you say almost everything, does that mean you have killed bosses like Professor and Blood Queen in ICC? Or what is your progress there?
Also have you done ToC or ToGC?

Quote:
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? Like i said above I work in shifts so I can't participate in all raids, but trying to be there as much I can.

We have a minimum of at least 2 sign from every trialist and member, you think you can make that?

Quote:
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Don't care much about achievements, but i guess "the undying" title can be relevant.

Raiding these days are a lot about achievements, can we count on you to progress (which also includes wiping) on a fight to get a achievement?

Quote:
What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Cenarion Serpents on this char.
Other char (Acantha) Intra Vires and AoT

You didn’t really explain why you left or got kicked from these guilds Happy

Quote:
How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty ??

Come on you wanna admit that you find them cute ;)

Quote:
Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! ??

Im sure you are aware of it now aren’t you? Happy

When Isvan has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

Found the forum!

Airsha wrote:
I think you can't really comparey directly spirit vs haste. It depends on other parts of the gear and if you have mana issues or not.

You are heavily gemming int / spirit - regens stats. I don't buy you have this kind of mana issues you need to gem purely for regen / choose regen (and tbh quite bad) pants instead of little better throughput ones. You use Flash glyph on top of that - another "mana regen" part which is completely unecessary imho. (I see now on armory you changed it, that's nice).

As for the talent changes they look pretty ok now. Body and soul is not PvP talent it is often life saver and has a lot of use on many encounters (mainly to cover for fack ups, but well.. everyone makes mistakes). Lack of GS glyph worries me though - looks like you don't using that awesome spell as often as you should. In good hands it is really good spell. One of the best in holy priest's arsenal. You should swap PoH / renew glyph for that (both I find pretty situational, and renew glyph is not really big throughput gain IMHO).

So in the end - I would swap some gems for sp / haste and probably even to spi / haste in blue gems. I would throw away ugly meta gem as well. Mana proc one is a lot better for holy. I would get GS glyph as well. Otherwise you look very promising in my opinion - your character is enchanted and gem with most recent stuff and you take advises really good. That's a big plus!

Good luck with your application!
Airtroll

Heya Airtroll,

thank you for the advice on the gems, im going to change a few and give it a try as you said. If i understand it right swap them for SP / Haste and Spirit / Haste? So no intellect at all?

I just bought myself a new meta (int. one with mana return chance) gem like you said, i'll give it a go. let's see how it works out.

To be honest i don't cast GS many often, i have bought myself the glyph for GS and i'm giving it a go, to trie that aswell! hopefully it will work out nice, like you describe it. I'll keep an eye to cast the GS spell more often, i'm curious what difffernce it will make. (just read a bit more about the spell, i'm kind of ashamed i didn't read it better, it IS actually an awesome spell *feels stupid*)

Im waiting the reply for the gems from you. Anyway many thanks for the advice.
unïque (holy)
Found the forum!

Riha. wrote:
With Blessed Resilience when you think about it you gain a straight 3% to every healing spell in a holy priests arsenal it adds up especially as in the later ((read Blood wing/Proff/Dream)) you probably wont be flash healing alot like i said i normally on flash on a surge proc.

as Airsha pointed out B&S is a very very useful talent it solves alot of fack ups that otherwise could may have well been wipes E.G Shielding the person being targetted by the orange slime on Proffessor so they can get more distance between them and the add, Shielding the person targetted by icehowl on Heroic beasts, Helping the ranged Kite adds on saurfang ETC.

Also The Guardian Spirit glyph could well be the best glyph available to us and should be a staple glyph in any priests setup aws the Glyph means if the effect doesnt proc the CD is reduced to a minute yet you still got +40% healing on the target for the duration of the Spell :D

The Gemming concerns me your gemming purely regen and ignoring throughput same as some of your gearing choices and i honestly dont think your Healing output will be high enough for the more intense fights in ICC so i advise you take Airshas advice ((He is the best priest i know by far and taught me all i know so its good advice :D)) other than that a question i feel i have to ask is... How do you feel about playing Disc? :P we currently only have one mainspec disc priest so i wouldnt mind if you could have it as your offspec :D

Heya Riha,

as you can read in my reply to Airsha i did changed some things. changed glyphs, meta gems and respecced.
I will change the gems when Airsha points the right ones for me.

If i like to take Blessed ressilience like you said, what talent should i drop for it in your opinion? When i look at my talent tree there isn't 1 I think i can drop? What are your thoughts about it? (Airsha maybe?)

As for the Disc part i'm willing to spec to it, but I'll need some time to learn to play disc. Maybe anyone can help me with it? I've never played disc before, not even tried it....
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

As a tank I would expect DS to be glyphed, and I'd expect it up almost every time its off CD

It is an awesome spell and probly the most powerful spell in the raid and really you should practice using it.

Its one of those things you cant really waste, if it gets used up you probly just saved a wipe oO
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Gems are easy swap SP/int for SP/haste and Swap sp/spirit for Haste/spirit Airsha did say in his post as for spec look at mine or Airshas for pointers :D would go into all the theory but im tiredgoat

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: