Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
unïque (holy)
Found the forum!

re: unïque holy priest [On Hold]

Miriel/Norrinja wrote:
Hey there Unïque. Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Isvan is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

At the moment we have a recruitment hold, however it wont stop us from taking in exceptionally good plays, along with roles where we actually do need people. Not saying your neither, just have to let you know about the current situation.

First impression when I read through your application is that your answers to a lot of the questions are very short and not very explaining Happy So all in all a very thin application that doesn’t really give me an impression as to wether you’re an asset to the guild or not.

Quote:
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Did some nice raiding back in TBC, quited playing wow during WoTLK just before Ulduar. Recently started again playing. I have done almost all raids.

I’d like to know where you went in TBC and if it was before the massive nerf :P
Also when you say almost everything, does that mean you have killed bosses like Professor and Blood Queen in ICC? Or what is your progress there?
Also have you done ToC or ToGC?

I'm sorry for my awnser, i'll gladly explain them more for you.
In TBC before the nerf i had done kara(leaded it)/gruul/mag/ssc/tk
After the nerf I went to MH/BT and tried a few times SWP. But this was all on my other char the holy pala. (which isnt on this server anymore)
About the WoTLK raid. I've stopped playing with my pala just before Ulduar released. Played with AoT back then.

As for this priest i've done Toc (10/25) icc first wing (10/25)
The guild im in at the moment is failing after Saurfang, people doesn't seem to be focusing enough (in my opinion) Tried Festergut and Dreamwalker, we keep wiping without ANY progress, and that's what it anoys me. I really don't mind wiping all night, but i like to see a BIT of progress. Like for example first trie we down him to 90% and last trie to maybe 40%. That's progress enough for me. But we keep wiping time after time without any progressing.

Quote:
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? Like i said above I work in shifts so I can't participate in all raids, but trying to be there as much I can.

We have a minimum of at least 2 sign from every trialist and member, you think you can make that?

Well yes, but if i take this week for example. I have 3 evening shifts, 1 day off, and 3 night shifts. In the 3 night shifts i can raid till 22.00, i don't know if that's a real problem?

Quote:
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Don't care much about achievements, but i guess "the undying" title can be relevant.

Raiding these days are a lot about achievements, can we count on you to progress (which also includes wiping) on a fight to get a achievement?

Yes offcourse!! As long as we make any progress im happy ;)

Quote:
What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Cenarion Serpents on this char.
Other char (Acantha) Intra Vires and AoT

You didn’t really explain why you left or got kicked from these guilds Happy

I left intra vires because it was falling apart, then I joined AoT but stopped playing before Ulduar. Now a friend of mine plays with that char on an other server. So i left the guild myself.

As for this char, read the reply above about the wiping. That's mainly the reason why I'm looking for another guild.

Quote:
How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty ??

Come on you wanna admit that you find them cute ;)

Well they are...... let me think....... hmm..... ..... small?? Happy

Quote:
Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! ??

Im sure you are aware of it now aren’t you? Happy

Yes i'm thank you for pointing at it.... Happy

When Isvan has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

I looking forward at you reply.
Unique
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Overall Im happy with your respondes to my questions, however there is still one that Im a bit unsure off :P

Question:
Quote:
Quote:
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? Like i said above I work in shifts so I can't participate in all raids, but trying to be there as much I can.

Norriel: We have a minimum of at least 2 sign from every trialist and member, you think you can make that?

Unique: Well yes, but if i take this week for example. I have 3 evening shifts, 1 day off, and 3 night shifts. In the 3 night shifts i can raid till 22.00, i don't know if that's a real problem?

Norriel: As long as you can make at least 2 raids a week, then we are happy.

Norriel
The Recruiter.

Found the forum!

Miriel/Norrinja wrote:
Overall Im happy with your respondes to my questions, however there is still one that Im a bit unsure off :P

Question:
Quote:
Quote:

Norriel: We have a minimum of at least 2 sign from every trialist and member, you think you can make that?

Unique: Well yes, but if i take this week for example. I have 3 evening shifts, 1 day off, and 3 night shifts. In the 3 night shifts i can raid till 22.00, i don't know if that's a real problem?

Norriel: As long as you can make at least 2 raids a week, then we are happy.

Norriel
The Recruiter.

Heya Norriel,

I don't know if it's a real problem if i have to leave at 22.00 (beacause of work ofc otherwhise I don't mind to stay longer). But mainly I'm pretty sure i can make 2 nights raiding as a minimum.
Wish i had chosen another job with "regular office times" ;)
unïque (holy)
Found the forum!

Laerel1 wrote:
As a tank I would expect DS to be glyphed, and I'd expect it up almost every time its off CD

It is an awesome spell and probly the most powerful spell in the raid and really you should practice using it.

Its one of those things you cant really waste, if it gets used up you probly just saved a wipe oO

Heya Laerel,

I'm going to practice with the GS spell.
unïque (holy)
Found the forum!

Riha. wrote:
Gems are easy swap SP/int for SP/haste and Swap sp/spirit for Haste/spirit Airsha did say in his post as for spec look at mine or Airshas for pointers :D would go into all the theory but im tiredgoat

Changing the gems for the ones you/Airsha pointing at!! ty!!
Will look at your talent builds to!!

GN ;)
Isvan
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Hey, I'm Isvan the priest class rep. My internet is down atm (posting form school) but I will try and get some comments up soon. Most of the important stuff seems to have been covered though.
Sorry for the delay.

-Isvan

Found the forum!

Isvan wrote:
Hey, I'm Isvan the priest class rep. My internet is down atm (posting form school) but I will try and get some comments up soon. Most of the important stuff seems to have been covered though.
Sorry for the delay.

-Isvan

heya Isvan,

don't worry about the delay. I need some time to get me the gems aswell. I'll keep an close eye to this site every day.
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

If i remember correct Acantha was a paladin?
Atleast I remember the name, and can only remember positive things from that time, so absolutely worth a trial I would say!

Maybe you even remember me? Tough I was a gnome mage called Maniok at that time! wink

Yeah, its not like your account name is the same as your mage. I'm just sayin' ;b

Oh sorry for trolling.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

If you cannot post under another name than "guest" you can gtfo

Found the forum!

Maniok wrote:
If i remember correct Acantha was a paladin?
Atleast I remember the name, and can only remember positive things from that time, so absolutely worth a trial I would say!

Maybe you even remember me? Tough I was a gnome mage called Maniok at that time! wink

Aca is indeed a pala!! Woot I made some good impressions ;)
Sadly I can't remember a char named Maniok, well i've been stopped for a while maybe that's the problem! i'm sorry mate....
You where in AoT aswell?
Elaniriel
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Since everyone else has already covered just about everything about your Holy specc, I'll just jump in and make a comment about your shadow stuff.

I am a bit confused whether you are using your shadow specc for PvP or PvE, so I'll just comment about it PvE-wise, and if it's for PvP, then disregard this comment.

First of all, I would suggest that you change Glyph of Shadow Word: Death to Glyph of Mind Flay. Not only is the first-mention glyph only useable during the last 35% of an encounter, as opposed to Glyph of Mind Flay which is available throughout an encounter, but since Shadow Word: Death is on a 12 second cooldown, Glyph of Mind Flay easily wins out in terms of raw damage. Also, you could possibly change your Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain into Glyph of Dispersion, but that's more of a personal thing, and so I won't talk too much about that.

About your specc, you have a few things which are not optimal for a raiding environment, (again, I am assuming this is a PvE specc since you didn't opt for Silence nor for Psychic Horror). First off, because of the huge increase of threat output of tanks after the launch of WotLK, Shadow Affinity is virtually useless, as tanks vastly outaggro Shadow Priests, so a good idea would be to leave Shadow Affinity alone. Secondly, I would advice picking up Spirit Tap and Improved Spirit Tap, as these talents will give a passive boost to your mana regen, decreasing your need for casting Dispersion, as well as giving a slight damage increase in form of extra 10% spirit from critical strikes. Some Shadow Priests opts for not taking SP/ISP, but I find it useful to take them nonetheless. And since SP/ISP has been picked up, Focused Mind isn't really needed, since they don't give a -slight- DPS boost as ISP does. All in all, your final specc should look similar to this. If you find any of my reasoning not understandable or faulty, then feel free to point this out, we're always interested in getting critique and hearing the reasoning for how people choose to specc/customize their character.

Elaniriel wrote:
Since everyone else has already covered just about everything about your Holy specc, I'll just jump in and make a comment about your shadow stuff.

I am a bit confused whether you are using your shadow specc for PvP or PvE, so I'll just comment about it PvE-wise, and if it's for PvP, then disregard this comment.

First of all, I would suggest that you change Glyph of Shadow Word: Death to Glyph of Mind Flay. Not only is the first-mention glyph only useable during the last 35% of an encounter, as opposed to Glyph of Mind Flay which is available throughout an encounter, but since Shadow Word: Death is on a 12 second cooldown, Glyph of Mind Flay easily wins out in terms of raw damage. Also, you could possibly change your Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain into Glyph of Dispersion, but that's more of a personal thing, and so I won't talk too much about that.

About your specc, you have a few things which are not optimal for a raiding environment, (again, I am assuming this is a PvE specc since you didn't opt for Silence nor for Psychic Horror). First off, because of the huge increase of threat output of tanks after the launch of WotLK, Shadow Affinity is virtually useless, as tanks vastly outaggro Shadow Priests, so a good idea would be to leave Shadow Affinity alone. Secondly, I would advice picking up Spirit Tap and Improved Spirit Tap, as these talents will give a passive boost to your mana regen, decreasing your need for casting Dispersion, as well as giving a slight damage increase in form of extra 10% spirit from critical strikes. Some Shadow Priests opts for not taking SP/ISP, but I find it useful to take them nonetheless. And since SP/ISP has been picked up, Focused Mind isn't really needed, since they don't give a -slight- DPS boost as ISP does. All in all, your final specc should look similar to this. If you find any of my reasoning not understandable or faulty, then feel free to point this out, we're always interested in getting critique and hearing the reasoning for how people choose to specc/customize their character.

Heya Elaniriel,

thank yhou for the advice for my shadow tree. Mainly I'm healing. So i just took a talent tree from the internet and filled it in. The only time im using shadow is when I'm grinding rep or mats. I don't even have gear for shadow at the moment. I will change my glyphs and tree and start getting me some gear for shadow. But since you're the only one talking aboujt shadow I pressume you're an shadow priest?
If so do you might if I ask you sometime about spell rotation and maybe you can explain some important things about shadow, because I hardly play with it and don't know really what to do! Happy
Isvan
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

My internet has returned, and I'm now just very busy wink

Anyway, most of the information has already been covered- I'm still posting from school so I can't Armory you, but I would assume that you are working to sort out any differences. As far as Shadow goes Elan is absolutely right (although personally I use Glyph of Shadow Protection rather than Fading), but as your offspec and withotu any gear for it I'm not overly concerned about it. If you're interested, I'm Shadow mainspec. Elan, Tringle, Azade and Riha all know their stuff as well (Thoguh only tringle and azade of those are Shadow MS).

As far as raiding availability goes, we pretty much need you to be available for 2 nights a week (W/T/F/S/S/M/T that is) from 19:00 till 23:00. Being around on other nights is always a plus, of course, but 2 is our minimum sign up.

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Yup, were in AoT for quite an extensive period! wink

Well well..it's still a vouch even tough u don't remember me!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: