Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Saylier

re: Saylier, Blood Death Knight [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Danish

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Saylier
Race: Night Elf
Class: Death Knight
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 49 days
Talent Built(Armory link please):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Saylier
Set of glyphs used:
Tank:
Major Glyphs:
Glyph of Vampiric Blood
Glyph of Rune Strike
Glyph of Death Strike
Minor Glyphs:
Glyph of Blood Tap
Glyph of Raise Dead
Glyph of Pestilence
DPS:
Major Glyphs:
Glyph of Dark Death
Glyph of Ghoul
Glyph of Icy Touch
Minor Glyphs:
Glyph of Raise Dead
Glyph of Horn of Winter
Glyph of Blood tap
Willing to respec (to another role)?
Yes, if it's necessary, I will do.
Professions and their level:
Mining: 130
Jewelcrafting: 450
What are your primary roles during a raid?
Scream up in the face of Fester and survive higher damage :D
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences?
Ulduar 10/25 (1/4 wings cleared)
Naxxramas 10 (2/4 wings cleared)
Obsidian Sanctum 10/25
Eye of The Eternity 10
Onyxia's Lair 10/25
Vault of Archavon 10/25
Trial of The Crusader 10/25
Trial of The Grand Crusader 10 (2/5 cleared)
Icecrown Citadel 10/25 Lower Spire (+ Festergut on 10 man)
Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday.
At least two till three days at week, yes that shouldn't be a problem
How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront?
About 2-3 per week. 1-2 days upfront and I can participate in 2-3 days at week, yes.
What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why?
I've Gone and Made a Mess (10 and 25 player)
Salt and Pepper (10 player)
Boned (10 player)
The Twillight Zone (10 player)
What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances?
Windows 2.6.0.6000 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz 1.821 NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT. From 20-30. I am not really paying attention to my FPS in raid instances (except if I am lagging)
Do you ever have latency problems?
Hmm, I DC rarely if that is what you mean, but otherwise I lag from time to time, but only in 25 man instances, and it ain't such a big deal, nothing preventing me from doing my job.
Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer?
Yes I can
Are you using any other addons?
OmniCC
Quartz
Gearscore
Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.
http://imageshack.dk//viewimage.php?file=/imagesfree/yOe24838.jpg

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy?
Of course
Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality?
Hungry..

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW?
2007 Feburary
What areas do you think you could improve in and why?
Being faster to release, making sure that no one has to wait for me.
Come to raid at the time I am suppose to be there.
Be more open for criticism when we are in raids, and in the Guild-Channel when we are talking to each other.
PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why?
PvE > PvP > RP, I dont really know to explain it, nothing more than raiding is mostly the reason why I play World of Warcraft, meaby I PvP from time to time, and RP with a couple of friends, but PvE is definitely what I enjoy mostly
How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day)
Really hard to say, but I play a couple of hours at day
Do you share your account with anybody?
Nevar! ..
What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them?
Echoes of Lordaeron, Lume Quenta, Rumsey Rumblers (and etc.) I have been been kicked out from alot guilds lately, the three guilds I just mentioned is some of them, to be honest I dont -remember- anymore, but the truth is that I have been an arrogant, acting like a fully member of the guild the day after I was trialed, saying and doing things I shouldn't have done (specially not in my situation). One of the mistakes I did in Echoes was that I went into raids without thinking about the place I was raiding (which was my sister's house, bad connection) so instead of start raiding like everyone else I ignored it and tho nothing would happen, I agree that it was not very responsable of me doing so. I also failed to contact Mystikal informating him about my DC the night before, and I was not very open for all the criticism I got during my trial.
How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty
c) tasty
Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one!
Aye, sure :P
Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
It has been a goal to me in a very very long time to be a member of this guild, I wont say that I haven't been trying to get into other guilds in the meanwhile, but my first love has always been Echoes of Lordaeron, beside that and the nice friendly people, I think the progess is up to what I am cabable of
Why do you think we should choose you?
I am aware of my mistakes, and I am sure that if you retrial me, I can make all your expectations up to you as you requiere.
Who can we contact for reference*?
Sveron
Simoz
Grimripper
Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?
Not really..

His previous Applications for EoL

http://www.guildlaunch.com/guild/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15089934&highlight=&gid=3747#15089934 ( Accepted )
http://www.guildlaunch.com/guild/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14592505&highlight=&gid=3747#14592505 ( Declined )
http://www.guildlaunch.com/guild/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14475772&highlight=&gid=3747#14475772 ( Declined )

My fourth one:
http://eol.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4204615&gid=3747 (Declined)

Have you had a complete personality transplant? I the answer is yes then i will bother to comment further otherwise Huge Vouch against

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Saylier

I have maked up my mistakes, and I am done with my previous behaviour, and I apoligize for several of my comments in some of my old applications.

Forum Pet

Dis-vouch Not great Skillwise, Show 4 different accounts of not being able to handle criticism even when his spec is poor and the help given was 100% correct, Not got the attitude for EoL imo

Upping the guild post count

Sorry but all i can think of is 'the boy who cried wolf' eventually no one listens when you say you have changed, sorry heard it once to many times to make me do anything other than

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

I have to say. This application is 100 times better then the old ones.

His JC is 450! im happy to see that! now for the next step

Google Blacksmithing Guide.
Lvl Mining and at the same time farm all the mats for BS and when you hit 450 mining all of a sudden you have 450 BS instead! (hopefully)

Change Glyph of Blood Tap to Glyph of Pestilence (acually a dps increase on fights like Proff/sindy/LK(well LK thats only for yourself) and ofc all thrash mobs. (your dps glyphs, not sure if its good for a tank either so up to Xulgos to tell you about that).

We dont allow gearscore nor do we accept its purpose.

Enchants and gems all seem fine.

Gear might be alittle behind. I know armory doesnt show hp is Frost Presence so he really has 46'262 hp, which probably is good enough

Saylier

Jaenus wrote:
Sorry but all i can think of is 'the boy who cried wolf' eventually no one listens when you say you have changed, sorry heard it once to many times to make me do anything other than

Well, I can't really say that I dont understand why you feel in that way.

Im sorry

about the spec i would spec like this.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EMqIhI0bRbsst0xZ0gG:di0MmV

this is just me and its probably dead wrong.
But I cant say I like your spec anyway.

Hysteria is always good to have (Jeanus might change his mind about you if you promis to give it to him) ;)

Zulgos will look closer into the matter but make sure you reserch yourself. So you have good answers etc.

Im sure he will contact you soon

GL with your app

Saylier

Thank you very much for your comments Sötpjoke, I will definitely look into it Happy

But I must disagree with you on the specc you made there, it does not include Improved Icy Touch (for more threat and slower the boss attack speed), neither Sudden Doom (for random death coil) or Mark of Blood (for fights like Gormok, Festergut and other bosses who are mostly based on their melee dmg) those are optional talent's, and so is Hysteria, which is a big deal if you are planning to use it on yourself, but I am not saying that it is useless, but I am just trying to explain you why I disagree, can you feel me here? (with all my arguments inc.)

I will replace my Blood Tap glyph with Pestilence, and thanks for telling me that, I didn't really know that it would grant me more benefits Happy

About the Gearscore addon, is it allowed to have toogled on outside raids? I mean when I am not raiding with Echoes of Lordaeron (hanging out in Dalaran, Stormwind etc.)

Gearscore is banned during raid time, even if your not IN the raid.

Im still waiting for Xulgos new respons to your application before I will make any more comments.

Good Luck!

Norriel
The Recruiter.

EoL-Veteran
Ever so eager to reply

Miriel/Norrinja wrote:
Gearscore is banned during raid time, even if your not IN the raid.

After numerous suicides upon seeing the low gearscore and the immense DPS of Merke, something had to be introduced.

I didn't like your attitude the last time you was here Saylier. I've seen you running PuGs and I do wonder whether you've changed or not. We're a Guild that gives second and third chances but you would take the cake at 5. Let's see how this unfolds for you.

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” - Charles R. Swindoll
Tringle
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Forum Image

Saylier wrote:
Thank you very much for your comments Sötpjoke, I will definitely look into it Happy

But I must disagree with you on the specc you made there, it does not include Improved Icy Touch (for more threat and slower the boss attack speed), neither Sudden Doom (for random death coil) or Mark of Blood (for fights like Gormok, Festergut and other bosses who are mostly based on their melee dmg) those are optional talent's, and so is Hysteria, which is a big deal if you are planning to use it on yourself, but I am not saying that it is useless, but I am just trying to explain you why I disagree, can you feel me here? (with all my arguments inc.)

Yes i understand you. As for Deathcoil sure its a minior threat gain not an essential one nither is Imp IT(recently been buffed with alot of threat) im not sure if another class brings this debuff but im sure they do. As for Mark of Blood, its 20 stacks. bosses need to hit pretty fast I never seem to get all the stacks to proc untill it runs out and you will have a Holydin spamming you with Hol all the time it wont be that needed. Hysteria is a Major dps increase for warriors and cat druids and should be in every blood spec, a tank shouldnt give it to himself if he is unlucky he'll die ;)

This is just my reasonings i havnt checked up on tanking but i tank almost everyday. in a dps spec though shame on me!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: