Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Skalfli/prot warrior [Accepted]

Heya Skalf as you know im the CR for warriors (still i know i'm shocked as well).

I'll get my proper response up either later tonight or early tomorrow (need to chat some things over with Miriel first).

But just to answer a few of the posts that have already sprung up on this thread, the exact reasons of why he left are very well known to me (if you are that bothered to find out why try asking me - yanno the fact that i was his CR may give you an inclination i have a clue what went on). ;)

Also Azade, you've mentioned a few things which quite frankly are utterly irrelevant and mostly wrong anyways - and the fact that you seem to have taken a perceived slight from him to you after he left the guild is utterly irrelevant to me (also you seem to have this problem on multiple occasions with people so i'd maybe check out the way you act yourself or if you are making a mountain out of a molehill for the purpose of drama). The one thing your correct about is that EoL won't base their decision on a warrior applicant just upon your and Dune's decision, the fact that you actually have NO decision on any application seems to have slipped your mind. If you have an issue or take any offence with what i said tho keep it out of this thread plox and talk to me in game.

Will post up a proper analysis tomorrow as i stated earlier Skalf

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Laerel speaks sense, I'm sure alot of ppl are curious about why you left us for AoT. I'm sure youre a good tank and blablabla but that doesn't help much if youre gonna stay around only until you find some better option..Second chances are fine, but extended trial might be a good idea.

Also Jaenus what happened to being objective on applications?
We would get a better picture if the applicant himself could answer for his actions instead of you running to his rescue, as soon as someone criticize him.. You say we should ask you if we want reasons, why not post them here? , if there is relevant info about an application it should be IN the application thread, unless there is personal issues like health problems etc...which I very much doubt is the reasons here..

Also Skalfli have you applied to Tainted aswell?

and how can you say AoT is socially dead when you have been in there for...1 month?

sceptic..

Mani if you can actually point out any form of bias on my above post please do, i make no view on the application at all, all i actually do is to inform Azade she is woefully incorrect on her facts and to not act like she has decision to make on a warrior applicants acceptance into the guild - which even you must realise seems a little self-important from her.

I know you like to troll and such Mani but at least try to make the trolls useful or in the least part amusing dude.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Tringle
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Ohhhh snap.

Well larael

Ok maybe I should do it in application, my past tial in eol was 5 weeks, pretty long but ok, for this 5 weeks i didnt see any raid that was going forward without need for stubborn fighting for every inch of the icc ground. After all this wipefests i decided to leave, its not a problem to wipe in raids for me, but this was counting in hundreds.

Reason i want to come back is already in app, raiding is not all in this game, for me social enviroment is way more important, wiping is also fun with nice people.

You may belive it or not but I realized that you killed LK when I came to EoL page to check apllication needs and status when i already made decision i want to try to reapply, it has completely no influence on my decision.

I left AoT cause for month guild chat is almost not used, making anything apart from raiding is not possible etc. This is way you can be in hcguilds, no social (or terrible social) but excellent raiding performance.

I have nothing agains long trial, if you want to trial me for half a year, be it. Trial is always working two ways, guild looks at young one, young one looks at guild. I know whats eol like after thats 5 weeks, and i wont leave again cause i know very well now where im going to and i can say i like that place.
Also this time I want to bring my lil hunt alt too so all my chars will be in EoL.

For deep wounds it has be nerferd some time ago and tbh discussion deep wounds or shield mastery didnt change a lot in my tps or damage taken.
i'm still waiting next patch cause its common for blizz that after build changes they do some finishing changes later on. After that ill compare that with recount data and see which is better.

Tbh if nothing changes ill go back to deep wounds as it leaves ticks on multiple targets that is sometimes helpfull, plus its a bit more threat on main boss

for fury spec: its my of composed of what I had at the moment, I try to put gems according to rawr but sometimes i dont have exact ones etc etc.

If fury had to be raiding spec it needs regemming and prolly respecing, and most of all throwing out terrible hit overcap:P, what cloak enchant ?:P

well mani, for 1 month i saw 3-4 sometimes 6 ppl online all the time apart raids, how many months more i should need to see if maybe 8 will come at a time ?
kochomina
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

i have read the application and the whole storyline below it and i would like to conclude some points to both CRs and skalfi:

1) i was one of those who raided with him and felt safe when the boss was targeting him, that is because he is well-geared and knows when to use CDs etc.
2) Talent seems to be fine for main tanking sinse threat is not the major problem in ICC raids whereas most fights needs more block rating not to mention the loss of dodge due to the debuff.
3) As for fury which is not the main porpose of the apply, you need some shaving mate ;)
4) As for the social and dramatic side, mate this guild is both end-game and social guild. It is stated that we strive to be the finest guild in SSL in regards to raiding, getting progress and having fun together. Leaving for not seeing a progress is something i personally see as "wrong". Progress wasnt ment to be by one shotting the instance, niether it is obtained by watching others and trying to act like them. From the time i joined, i saw the willingness and ability to progress in EoL, wiping is a must, and as a warrior you know what "Last Stand" clearly means.

Vouch
Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Skalf wrote:
If you fell i shouldn't come to back to EoL, just say so.

No that's not what i ment ;) you know after i talked what i said to you and that's still true you are a good tank and nice chap but i wanted to cleared it up ;) before any misperceptions was created by it bro.

Chatterbox

Jaenus wrote:
Mani if you can actually point out any form of bias on my above post please do, i make no view on the application at all, all i actually do is to inform Azade she is woefully incorrect on her facts and to not act like she has decision to make on a warrior applicants acceptance into the guild - which even you must realise seems a little self-important from her.

I know you like to troll and such Mani but at least try to make the trolls useful or in the least part amusing dude.

I dont act as if a guild takes decisions based on my opinions, neither on this application, nor on any other application, and on any matter in general. You misunderstood my post. I just expressed my personal opinion, which may be wrong, which may be irrelevant, but at the end of the day it is MY opinion and I have a right to express it.

If it is irrelevant to this application please by all means remopved it to an OT thread or delete it

PS this was written by Azade but hadnt see whose account was logged in xD
sjunke
Can post, will post

Vouch from me, know Skalf as a good tank from my time with him in Conscience
Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

Me wants Skalf !!! :D

Raszagal
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

What Ady said. Great tank, nice guy, but extended trial - cant task the risk of you running off again if things do go the way you want them to mate.

Ras

Forum Pet

It just looks like guild hopping and glory hunting to me,

Things in EoL slow down he leaves for something "better"

Once AoT slows down again he looks elsewhere

Things in EoL pick up, he wants back!
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Skalfi, the only reason why your trial was so long was because you and another warrior tank initiate was being trialed at the same time, and when we made that decision we knew that we could only take in one of you.

EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

Hmmm I didnt view 5 weeks as long one, tho I dont know whats "regular" duration too.
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Heya Skalfli , sorry it took me till this time to respond properly, but I've basically been getting fed by my mother with the worlds largest turkey for most of today.

Thanks for pointing out the reason for his first trial being 5 weeks btw nanna, you summarized the reasons for it up very nicely (and saved me the trouble) ;)

Right i am not going to go into a in-depth analysis of your spec, talents etc as unless you've had a large Piano dropped on your head - unlikely but you never know, then i know you are a good prot warrior (you wouldn't have passed trial otherwise).

Right I've taken in the relevant feedback from members etc, and had a good talk with Miriel about taking you back, i mentioned my thoughts and took input from her and basically we came to a decision, which she will inform you of very shortly as that's her job :D

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: