Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Kelsur
Found the forum!

re: Karezza Enhancement Shaman [Accepted]

I havent had any problems gemming 20 ap / 10 haste up until icc release, a balance of the 2 sempt to do me no problems
Kelsur
Found the forum!

I havent had any problems gemming 20 ap / 10 haste up until icc release, a balance of the 2 sempt to do me no problems maybe it is time to change them to all haste instead of a balance of the two. *
catalysim
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

i can sell you gems if you want mate cuted and un cuted ;))
Kelsur
Found the forum!

well i have just replaced most of my gems with haste, so ive changed everything already, so it is much better, my only regret is that i didn't sort it beforehand
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Sorting things beforehand is nice to see. Then again being willing to see the benefits of the advice given and quickly act upon it is also something which is at least as good to see.

Oh btw love from the warrior team (its not just rogues who love their enhance)

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Raszagal
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Hi Aiden

I'm Raszagal, Shaman Class Leader. I'm gonna have a look over your app and come back to you later today regarding it.

Raszagal

Found the forum!

Hey mate, nice to meet you, if you need to know anything just ask
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Aiden vii wrote:
I havent had any problems gemming 20 ap / 10 haste up until icc release

Think about it logically, unless haste and AP are exactly equal, it's always going to be worse to gem hybrid gems unless you're going for a socket bonus.

Also, something I've always wondered about: Enh shammies use the chaotic meta gem rather than relentless because of having so many spells which don't benefit from the agi. Wouldn't it be better to use +10 stats and +6 stats gems to meet the meta requirement? Since you guys benefit from strength, agi and int, surely a +6stats would be better than, for example haste/stam?

WTS ONE TEN THOUSANDTH OF MY SKILL TO EACH OF YOU AND WE'LL BE GOOD!
Kelsur
Found the forum!

the only reason i have a side of stam on a gem is cause i needed a tiny % more hit at the time and the bonus of 16 ap was nice, hit green gem came with stam and got the bonus, however i dont need the tiny bit of hit right at this moment so i shall update it asap
Derdriu.
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

I was just asking really, not suggesting. I haven't done any maths on it and don't know how the enh numbers are actually weighted.

dreamdust.melee
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Well derdrui atm enhance is totaly based on haste the mechanic from this is more white dmg hit means more mealstrom procs means more instant lightning bolt casts.
For the meta its indeed the agi one doest gives the boost too our casts thats around 70% of our dmg

I know why you stack haste, but there has to be some balance between haste and AP (increasing one boosts the effect of the other).

What I was wondering is if the +10 haste from a haste/stam game actually outweighs the AP gain from a +6 stats, since the int, strength and agi all boost your AP.

dreamdust.melee
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

too get the meta gemm active its best too set one gemm on 10stat(since the atp win you get from it overrules only 10haste).
But for the second one you could best take a 10haste/stamina one

re: Re: Karezza Enhancement Shaman

I'll leave the theorycrafting to the shammies. I just wanted to comment on the tone on this app. One thing in particular:

Aiden vii wrote:

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? I think i could improve on the amount of time that i spend helping out others instead of myself, by farming mats that others need.

I like this answer. It speaks sincerity! And for some reason well-written apps seem to rarely be written by idiots. I wonder why that is...

=D

Also:
Quote:

Who can we contact for reference*? Well on the server Lixium is the only person who really knows me.

People on other servers work as references as well. Just supply their name and the server, and your old name if you changed =)

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Re: Karezza Enhancement Shaman

Before I answer your application as Recruitment Officer:

Aiden vii wrote:

Who can we contact for reference*? Well on the server Lixium is the only person who really knows me.

Lies!!! I know you you bastard!! :P However I have no clue what yours skills are like as a shaman :)

Hey there Karezza Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
As you know Raszagal is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

At them moment we are very extreamly full on melee, however on very rare occations we will take in a exceptionally good melee DPS for a trial. As I’ve stated in Current Recruiting there is a very little chance for both Ret paladins and Enhanc Shamans to get in, however these are still spec’s that we would consider.

Your application is very solid, and is by far one of the best I’ve seen lately (And I haven’t seen few). By reading your application I get a strong feeling that your a deturmant, dedicated, and strong player.
I might have missed it however, how long have you played on your shaman, and while playing your shaman have you then only been Enhancement? (I do understand you played your Shaman already in TBC, how ever I would like to know how long you’ve played it in wrath).

I dont have many questions to your application, but I wanna comment on these answers from your app:

Quote:
What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Banish. i purely joined to help a real life friend out and he is sick of being with them due to the fact they dont care about progression so i left because he did.

We’d like to know what guilds you were part of before you left SSL Happy
Also what guilds on other servers (and whats server) have you been a part of?

Quote:
Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Echoes of Lordaeron are a very nice guild with great progression from what i have seen and heard, i would also like to play with a friend of mine who ive known a few years who is in your guild.

Im curious, who in EoL (other than me ;P) do you know?

Quote:
Why do you think we should choose you? because im not just a dps who lashes out at the boss and spams reccount cause he did x amount of dps, i know for a fact once you have the required dps it is about playing the fight correctly, and i believe i can do that. Also i am liable for attendance and come well equipped with flasks pots and any tactcs or knowledge needed, also i know how to play my class which may seem standard but theres alot of people nowdays who can't seem to be able to do that.
Thumbs up for this answer, however if you get accepted for trial I will hold you up to this ;)

Your gear looks okayish, I wish it was a bit better. But if you stop helping others too much and start grinding heroics Im sure you could get some good upgrads, however I will leave more comments on that to Raszagal.
Also your reputation seems a bit low, and I trust your priest is exhaulted with Son’s of Hodir? If not get to work ;)

When Raszagalhas given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: