Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guardie reali
Found the forum!

re: Human Warlock [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

[b]Sex:[male]
[b]Nationality:[Italian]
[b]Location: [Molise]

[b]CHARACTER

Name: Ginolab
Race: Human
Class: Warlock
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 118d 17h
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Ginolab ]
Set of glyphs used: destro= Incinerate-Life tap-Conflagrate
Willing to respec (to another role)? My secondary spec is affliction
Professions and their level: Herbalism/Alchemy, both 450

What are your primary roles during a raid? ranged dps

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Yes yesterday in ToGC and I have been fascinated from your method to play

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. I have a lot of time available and me I play often to every time included Saturday

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? Usually ICC and VOA 10/25 every the week, after I help my friends in other raid

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? surely those alchemy legates, allow me to make many gold, in two weeks I have bought 16 primordial saronite for my look, if we instead speak of raid achievements I have had satisfaction to make OS3D

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? I have 2 PC the first is an Acer 64bit Pentium4 CPU 3.8GHz 2M ram and a Vaio Pentium 4 CPU3.4 3M ram, the current FPS in Dalaran are 23-24 but I have to 40 in other instance, very it depends on the addons

Do you ever have latency problems? Rarely

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes I have but about ventrilo after the 21:00 I cannot use it, my children sleep, sorry

Are you using any other addons? Yes I have a my personal Pack very fun, very functional, I am an Engineer and I have search to optimize the character and my gear

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Yes

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? All on my character you can see in the link, what I add is that I like to be in a dynamic Guild

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? dec-2008

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? I have necessity to complete my archive and to add some piece in the wardrobe, I hate my pvp triket

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? only PVE but I have the PVP spec too

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 20/7

Do you share your account with anybody? no

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? There is not a precise reason, but mine is a small guild just 3 people on line at lev 80

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty Nice, they remember me the movie the Sir of the rings

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! it doesn't create to me problems

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? I have seen you play yesterday and I like

Why do you think we should choose you? it is one yours decision, I hope of yes

Who can we contact for reference*? I don't know

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Yes, thanks for your attention

[img]http://image_url[/GINOLAB](alt+p) sorry problem with the photo give me instruction
guardie reali
Found the forum!

re: My screenshot

Forum Image
Posner™
Chatterbox

Ah Ginolab... the guy who seems to be able to get into VoA25 at least three times a week :D.

Based on previous encounters i'd say he's a nice person, but im no warlock so gear = ?

"Mmmm....Undead Death Knights" *drool* - Quoted from Jaenus
Sullin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Hi, and thank you for applying. I'm the warlock class leader and will be disecting your application word for word :)

I've had a quick glance over your gear, and I really can't comment on any of it. It seems pretty much bang on. You could use more tier 10, because the bonuses are nice but overall it's at a very good level.
Specs seem fine as well, I can see why you only take 1/2 ISL, since the uptime is pretty much guaranteed with only 1 point as well. Affliction spec I would juggle some only 1 or 2 points around, and I guess it's just personal preference (although one point in suppression is pretty wasted).

Being in a very low profile guild, and still managing to get this much good gear it shows that you are very actively pugging Happy Hence only first wing cleared on 25 man ICC.

Since we are pushing into hardmodes at the moment we would like to have every member have experience with the normal modes for at least a few times, so you're a bit behind on the experience bit there.

Your herbalism profession would be better spent on an alt, since it doesn't really add anything raid wise. You would be better off with something else to push your character that bit more.

All in all:

pro's: Good gear, good spec, very active
con's: Low experience on 25 man ICC, 2nd profession (minor issue)

I'm going to ask you to hold on a bit longer while we discuss your application.

Again, thanks for applying.

Very nicely geared!

Language barrier is a problem with Gino though as I remember on Kologarn we just couldn't get him to attack the right arm (or was it our left and his right ) Also, maybe a minor point but he did soulstone an ele shammy in ToGC25 yesterday.

IMHO endgame raiding does require you to understand what is being said at all times over vent.
Northyy
Found the forum!

munkypuzzle wrote:

maybe a minor point but he did soulstone an ele shammy in ToGC25 yesterday.

I SS's myself >.<, but had the other target targetted, so meh.
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Well Northy.. you are.. yea, you are you envy

A very nice guy, I've been playing with him since the days i started activly pugging at lvl 80.

Cant comment skil wise as i know nothing about warlocks.

He's got a great attitude, though with the Vent part there, use a headset mate, you dont have to talk just listen ;)

Is it gearscore I see after the names in the chat box?
Overall gearscore is bad. (dont make this a gearscore thread now)
It generates data which it spams other people with, which makes them lagg and dissconnect if they doesnt have a solid connection.

We have a rule that states, "No GS during raids or outside of raids during raid times".

Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

A mock of our signups (running for say example next reset)

Character(s): Warlock
Role(s): DPS
Available days: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
Max raidslots: 2-7 (change to your own max)

How do you sign?

Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there!

Just wanna let you know that I have seen your application and that I will very soon comment on it.

Good Luck.

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

Found the forum!

re: Ginolab

Hi all

I list more information on my gear that results according to the gearscore addon of 5939 but the reality is the following:

Forum Image

I answer to Sullin
My experience in ICC25 is not low, it is really very a lot of low, it is difficult to find a group in our region able to begin ICC and to bring it at the end, my guild as you have seen it is small, then I take what I find. Unfortunately I know my weak points. I am a destro purist, you see it from my spirit, that uses the life tap, around the 2 points in suppression, I have preferred to move them on the Drain soul in virtue of the aggro that seed of corruption produces. I have 16,32% of hit, with suppression I profit the 4% of mana but I don't use the points of Hit cap. I prefer to change the trinket.

I answer to munkypuzzle
I had a SS ready, the raid was about to begin, and the shammy was so nice that have put him the SS. The priest and the druid were distant from me, and if you remember I have said that I knew of on the shammy the SS didn't serve.

Hi Sötpojke
many raids together and always well succeeded. I immediately raise the GS from the raid it is not a problem.

I answer to Gemrah
The question is: How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 20h./7day

thanks to all for your attention- Gino
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Normaly I'm sceptical of anyone who claims or is said to be exceptional, but looking over this application it seems you have really put a lot of effort into learning your class and even just applying here!

Learning the tactics is very easy and really I think someone who is this dedicated wouldnt have any problems learning a hardmode
Sullin
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Your simcraft compared to the other warlocks in EoL (good that you're using it btw!)

Denize: 10710
Sullín: 10850
Nórthy: 8905

So you are definately there when it comes to gear (as I already said Happy).

The trinket is definately something you should replace, so it is good you are considering how to do that. More T10 will give you more hit as well (I've gone hardcap with it), so you can still drop the point in suppression then. You might even run the analysis with some different trinkets you currently have (or can easily get) to see what their result is. I would however suggest to add a dummy stat to the trinket with a few hundred hit since you are almost certainly going to be hitcapped in raids (and you won't have a scale factor for hit anymore).

Selecting gear for hit with your current hit level and gear isn't needed.

Denize: 10710
Sullín: 10850
Nórthy: 8905

lol, even simcraft says you suck :D

Hello there! And thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron!

I was away this weekend but I did see your application and I read through the comments on it.

Indeed I would say that your are dedicated and could very well be an good addition to the guild so!

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.

During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and teamspirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Emee, Sullin, Merke, Miriel) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

Found the forum!

re: ginolab

A simple thanks to everybody
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: