Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

re: sylwester holy priest [Declined]

REAL LIFE

Sex: M
Nationality: Sweden

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: sylwester
Race: human
Class: priest
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 37days 13h 30min
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Sylwester
Set of glyphs used: glyph of flash heal circle of healing and spirit of redemption

Willing to respec (to another role)? sure but pref holy
Professions and their level: tailor 450 ench 435

What are your primary roles during a raid? raid healer

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? done ulduar to cat boss (dnt remember name)havent done ulduar 25man/ toc 10/25 noone completed becuse of bad groups done attempt in togc no succeed/ naxx whole half 25/ icc 10 first wing know tacs to féster and basic on rotface icc 25 first wing only

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. yeah

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? i can do about 3-4 and shud know about 3days before

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? ive gone and made a mess 10man

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? amd hammer 2,5GHz 1,5 GB ram 256 mb grafic

Do you ever have latency problems?Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? yeah

Are you using any other addons?healassign but dnt get it working

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. im trying to sort it right now

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? yeah

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? nice

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? march last year

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? keep my mouth shut and improve my gear

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? i love pve im playing this game for the raiding i do pvp when im bored sometime and tryed rp but dident like it:P

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) everyday 2-4h

Do you share your account with anybody? yes my family

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? was in bloodmoon and obsidian dream but they got dispanded so joined legion of narru but they stoped raiding so left atm im in trauma but wanted better progress so im applying to yours

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty all of them:D

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! yeah

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? i want progressive raiding

Why do you think we should choose you? im a friendly player and think i can make my self worthy for u

Who can we contact for reference*? kloth/zouken/jerec same person and takahashi

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?i got temper but im better at control it now and if u need to contact me i may be on my mage name:missmage

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

Hej!

Just a quick query - our signnups are like:-

A mock of our signups (running for say example next reset)

Character(s): Priest
Role(s): Heals
Available days: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
Max raidslots: 2-7 (change to your own max)

How do you sign?

And I noticed your age, how do your parents mind that you're up raiding till 23:00?

Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: Re: sylwester holy priest

Anonymous wrote:

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? keep my mouth shut and improve my gear

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add?i got temper but im better at control it now

I find these answers quite worrying oO

Sort of making you fall into a sterotype ._.
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Okies i'll take a troll and assess your character, nothing here is meant be offensive just truthful and to the point.

Gear: you have PvP boots which is very bad, Your taking Crit pieces liek the 95 emblem robe its a waste, as are the Crafted Bracers Bejeweled Wizard Bracers are better for Holy where you prioritise haste over Crit, The onyxia ring is horrible get [Band of the Invoker] From Triumph Emblems, The Trinket is bad for Holy get a Spellpower one [Solace of the Defeated] is a good one.
[Brimstone Igniter] Is pretty bad aswell theres a better on in ToC10HC first boss which can be Pugged i've done it.
Upgrade your Cloak ASAP.

Gemming: Drop the SP intellect gems and get SP/Haste your haste is far too low.
same for SP/Spirit if you can afford the SP loss use haste/spirit.

Glyphs: Wrong.. Drop Spirit of redemption and Flash heal, the SoR glyph is rubbish since they nerfed it back in Naxx, Guardian Spirit Glyph is a must haves for any Holy Priest.
For the third take Renew or Prayer of healing.

Spec: No Body and Soul its a really helpful talent any reason why you havent taken it?
Your spec is alittle strange, havent maxxed Test of faith, Taken 3 points out of 5 in Empowered Healing when Flash and Greater heal are rarely used.
No Desperate prayer its a life saver and a must for any priest imo.
Blessed Resilience should be Maxxed aswell might look like a PvP Talent but its 3% free healing its great.

Likes forums

Hey there Sylwester, I'm EoL's Priest Class Rep and will be reviewing your application. You should address they issues Ady has brought up above, she's entirely right. However considering your application I have a few more points to add:

You say you should know what days you can raid about 3 days before. Our signups for Wednesday-Tuesday close the preceding monday, so this would probably constitute a problem.

Do you read up on theory craft or otherwise keep up to date with what choices are optimal for your spec(s)? If not, by what method do you decided what to upgrade and what choices to make in speccing/gemming/enchanting/gearing?

What is your shadow spec intended for, and why did you make the talent/glyph choiced as you did?

Do you use any addons for healing, such as Heabot, Grid, Clique and so on?

You didn't provide a screenshot of your UI- would you mind doing so?

I notice that Missmage has rather better gear than Sylwester. Which character do you consider to be your main?

re: re: sylwester holy priest

hello first gemrha my parents dnt mind the 23h time as long i do school good.
laerel i understand that ur worry about these but my family doesent do anything to my account and about keep my mouth shut is that i put myslef in a discussion and (in pugs) about the ninja and that and we all got temper i guess? but ill stay good becuse i want to be in this guild:)

riha i know i need to upgrade my gear/talent changing atm the gems just the ones u told me,i did toc 25 today but dident get the solace of the defeated but ill keep improve all:)
isvan i think i got the question wrong i can sign to raid as fast it shows up depends on if we got a maybe thing to do around that day which is not often, i dnt see healbot good but i try it some more and goin to look for some other addons,well im goin ofc listen to all of yours advice and as i said doin the gemming now, my shadow specc was just a random thingy think im goin to try out disc some also but if u want me to improve my shadow i will reason of the UI i have to say i dnt know how to do it which may be very fail but ill try get it work,missmages gear is better yeah but i like healing more so staying with this toon as main. also im gonna get mats to the crafted boots or go some toc
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

If you know your spec glyphs and gems are wrong why didnt you do it right the first time ? :S

Likes forums

Isvan wrote:
Do you read up on theory craft or otherwise keep up to date with what choices are optimal for your spec(s)? If not, by what method do you decided what to upgrade and what choices to make in speccing/gemming/enchanting/gearing?

You missed this question.

To post a screenshot, go to ImageShack, hit Browse, then select the screenshot image from your WoW folder. Press Upload Now. Copy the text next to 'DirectLink'. Make a new post here, and type [ img ] (without the spaces), paste the link you just copied, type [ /img ] (again without the spaces)

re: re:sylwester holy priest

hey again well riha my friend told me crit isnt important for holy priest so thats how i found out these gems
isvan, no i dnt go on websites and check these things but i can ofc go check them and learn more about it
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Agai you say crit isn't important for a holy priest which well its not really but the amout of crit pieces you have including wasting 95 badges on the 264 chest :O

Haste is what you want so gem for it and get rid of some o the crit pieces in favor of haste :P

Likes forums

Hi there, another swedish person, possibly the only thing positiv about the application.. hmm..

Your experiance in ICC is very low, though I know that pugging on this server is useless since its a very bad server.

His gear is ok. To be fair you dont need a 800 or more haste to be a good healer, if you are a good healer you are.
But ofc you'd be a better healer if you had all that haste.
For shadow yea i'd say its required.

And I would suggest using google and learn more about your class.

No vouch from me.
To young, not enough experiance and his gear doesnt quite cut it.

GL with the application and try to improve your character.
and bare in mind that I have no say in the matter of you joining or not Happy thats up to Isvan Your CL and Miriel The Recruiter.

Isvan
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

All right, you've been given all the information you need to make your character some semblance of competence. I would like you to show some activity in improving Sylwester- if you can look up EJ or some other theory website, find out what you need to know about holy priests, and make yours fit to a decent standard, I will consider a trial. That means being properly gemmed, enchanted, specced and geared (as well as you can given that drops are not automatic). If you can manage to look up and follow correct advice by this time next week, maybe we can see how you manage in a raid at some point.

You have till this time next week to make your character competent. A lack of commitment to your character will likely result in a failed aplication.

EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Sylwester Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
as you know Isvan is your Class Representative and he has already given his evaluation of your application, I suggest that you go and make the improvements that he has suggested, meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

I know some of these question has already been pointed out, and I know that you have already answered them, however I will point them out again:

Quote:
Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? done ulduar to cat boss (dnt remember name)havent done ulduar 25man/ toc 10/25 noone completed becuse of bad groups done attempt in togc no succeed/ naxx whole half 25/ icc 10 first wing know tacs to féster and basic on rotface icc 25 first wing only

Your raid experience before ICC seems a bit poor, Im not too keen about this.

Quote:
Are you using any other addons?healassign but dnt get it working

A healing assignment addon wont really be needed. We normaly go with the same drill: tanks: Paladins, raid: Shaman, Druid, Priest. And then the raid healer help on the tank and on rare occations one or two specific healers gets told to keep an eye on debuffed people and so on.

Quote:

You say that you argue with people in pugs? Does this happen often or?

Quote:

Why do they have your account details?

Your gear looks okayish, but I wont make any comment on it since Isvan have already been there :P
I can see that your reputation with Sons of Hodir is very low, do you have a character who is exaulted with them?
Also your Enchanting is a bit low, you might wanna level it a bit higher ;)

When you have answered my questions and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as to wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

well riha i know the chest was a awful choice wich i found out later and i got the gems for regemming so yeah i will

sötpojke yeah another swedish person:) and yeah my experience about icc is quite low and yeah the pugging is awful but ill look up website about tacs and also knowledge about my class,and im gonna change some gear pieces and gems so i get my haste up and the chest i think im goin to do icc 25 and if im lucky get a mark so i can get t10 chest and upgrade to sanctified since the chest that i bought is not good
and i will improve my character as much as i can.

hey there miriel my raid exeprience is low yes but as i said i look up tactics and the healassign was just something i found and goin to look for more healing addons and such, in the pugs it happens sometimes as u know ppl are very rude agains eachother and all so i get a bit pissed of but i will stop it as my dad dnt like it either, well my family does play wow so thats why and no i dnt got any char which is exalted with son of hodir (i think) will check that and guess u want it becuse of the shoulder enchant? also my enchanting ive lvl up it from 350 to what lvl it is now on one day so dnt worry i will get it up:) and ty for all the advice and well i really hope i can get a trial:)
sylwesty

hey again i got a question should i remove all intl gems? also my sp/spirit gems?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: