Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Application Enchancement Shaman Galadríel [Declined]

Heya Sylv wanted to wait until the RO had a chance to comment and ask any questions and for you to answer before i posted.

Nice to see ya still remember me well all i can say is that your a nice friendly guy and always have been, pretty patient and wanting progress at the same time which is all anyone can ask of a player. Never seen you getting emo over anything and always brought you 'A' game. Also really enjoyed the time we spent together in Hide & Seek and the fact i stayed in stayed in touch with you until you left wow sort of proves that

Even though i haven't raided much with you on your Shammy (I think a couple of Voa's is about the extent tbh), if your half as good on her as you where on your Warrior then you would be a very good addition to us.

Issues of if we have space atm as Miriel stated is a problem which she will have to look at and do the math about if its possible. But not factoring that into the equation I would give you a very definite VOUCH.

Jae/Steve

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I´m going to vouch for him as a friend and he´s a good guy.

But I´m also going to dis-vouch due to bad performance and bad DPS in ToC 10 when we did weekly!
He got hit by Icehowl (right?) WITH the speed boost you get on normal, bad bad!

I understand you got abit low DPS due to not very good gear, but I do think it was abit low even with the gear you have.

I´m gonna leave the rest to Raszagal, so he can take a look at your gear.

Good luck mate!

/Arkas

Come on Arkas I know I hit Happy u know I'm not playing for 4 months :S. I think I lost some of my reflex. But don't worry I'll get it soon. and u know it was only beast I hit 7k dps on jaraxxus . And thank you jaenus and arkas for your nice comments

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

angelksk wrote:
ahh Mystikal u're talking about ex-Dominion. But i was in the new one with Alfonzo and Oksijen.

Oksi's playing again?

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'

Yes he moved in silvermoon.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Raszagal
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Thank you for applying to the Echoes of Lordaeron, Hi!
I am Raszagal, class leader for shamans who will be evaluating your application. First off, my main spec is elemental; so my suggestions may not be perfect; Dream is more our enh expert as it were.

Anyway, the serious part..

Gear: Your gear is ok, but you need to work on getting more T10 - the 4 set bonus is very nice and it will help you with your level of haste since its lacking a bit (its not very low but you do need more). You could also do with replacing your current totem with [Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice] as once FS ticks (and keeps ticking when you apply it) you can keep that level of haste up indefinetly which is just imba!
Enchants: All fine.
Gems: I can see you understand the major importance of haste by how you have gemmed - when you start getting other gear upgrades (ie T10 etc) you might want to look at going 20AP/10 haste on certain sockets as the socket bonuses can be nice Happy Also when you replace your [Victor's Call] you might wanna gem for exp/haste as you will then be below the exp cap.
Glyphs: All fine, you got the major one's.
Spec: Standard build however I've noticed you've put a point into elemental focus as opposed to 2 points in improved shields. Now tbh, I dont know how much more dmg you will get out of having 2/3 improved shields over 1/3, thats really for the enh theorycrafters - and since you use LB (non-periodic) spell a lot on your rotation, it might be a good choice to have elemental focus. Perhaps one for Dream to answer?

- (Addons) As long as you can use the approved add-ons (which you can) then its fine, but it might be an idea to ask Dreamdust what he uses Happy

- (Second-proffesions / Achievements, BONUS) There's nothing wrong with using eng, it has a few enchants which is useful for enh shammies - haste proc on gloves, haste on cloak etc. However, alchemy imo is pretty useless, I'd recommend changing it for JC as its one of the best choices for shammies - 3 improved gems is worth way more than alchemy.

- (Raiding experience / Previous guilds / Motivation / Other behaviour comments) You do seem to have been in quite a few guilds and changed characters a few times. What's going to make you want to stay on your shammie and with EoL? It doesnt bother me so much that you havent had a lot of raid experience in vanilla or TBC or WOTLK - ICC is easy enough to learn as long as you have the capabilities and determination. We are now at the point where we are gonna be pushing to down LK - we need people who dont mind hours of wiping. As long as you can show that level of dedication then I'd be happy.

- (Current Recruiting state) We are quite melee heavy at the moment and do have 1 current regular raiding enh shammies, as well as a new enh shammie trialist and an ongoing other trialist. However, having 3 enh shammie trialists would create a lot of friendly competition which I think personally is a good thing.

Good luck on your application,
the final word is with the Recruitment officer.

May Nobundo guide your hand!
Raszagal, Class representative

Last edited by Raszagal on 2010/04/18 7:34; edited 1 time in total

thank you. Like i said my gear is not awesome on these days. I'm working to get other t10 but without raids it's really slow. After i buy 2 more piece I'll replace my totem. For the trinket yeah it's not good for enh shammies actually. only reason I equipped it. my gear stats havent got enough expertise. When i replace Victor's Call my expertise dropping 19 from 26. and I think it's means very low dps and I can't get it with gems for now. I'll keep that trinket until i find some items with expertise stats.

Well as i remember in dps meter i tried 2/3 and 3/3 improved shields it wasn't good in past. I have no idea for now. Only point I'm using elemental focus. I'm reallying going oom fast after i start using fire nova (Tanks are getting angry for that :D) I don't say this is awesome. like i said before I have no idea how's rotation on this days and I don't know is somethings changed or not. I'll investigate that and I think ı'll try another builds also. I made this just before gave break to wow.

and u said we need people who dont mind hours of wiping. I loved that. because really I don't mind wipings repair, bills etc. but I only care this if 1 person doing samemistake more than twice. I can wipe whole month. there is an important thing is learning for me. Most ppl thinks wiping is boring. Yes, it is boring. But my idea is I want to be with who knows what to do on bosses. But I prefer not wiping Happy. Always I want to give my best in raids.
dreamdust.melee
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Hmm i just jump in on stuff on whots said and whot i see

I see you talk bout victor`s call and YESS is total retard trinket for enhance or you must be someting like 200time lvl geared. You give reason you need more gear......thats totaly stopid since only like 245item lvl shit gifes gear for expertise if you did you re homework you DO know epertise gear futher then toc is LIKE a NO way....every little knowledge enhance know after toc were screwed too get expertise cap without gemm it(since yes T9 gloves made us make expertise cap).

Then you say you have mana isseus and use elemental focus......bit weird that you then only use 1point in improoved SS while you say you have mana isseus i can understand you have mana isseus....there is always nor pally nor other peeps in raid provide mana back.

Also on gear i see you VERRy low on haste for average enhance and still using pure 40atack power gemms......

For me my opinion is average shammy QQ getting more gear too make more dps while you alrdy have SHIT loads off gear +enhance too play on maxx since were screwed on gear RLLY need JC too make it easyer on setup of stats instead of using crap trinkets

Dreamdust you totally right. I have already knows those. But really I tried with another trinket can't remember what name is it for now. and I gemmed 2 or 3 expertise and it's only getting me 24 and my dps is dropping like 1-1.5k. I have open for any ideas. maybe I'm doing mistake.
catalysim
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

4 pure ap gems~ if you socket them experties your already trown your trinket away its realy not much as you can see

and another thing or im stupid or i didnt do my math good but your meta gem requiers 2 blue gems can only see 1 ..

read it this time thanks ...
Cecell

Catalysim firstly thank you warning for my meta gem. think i missed that when i equipped my last item.

Let's see how's going if i socket my pure AP gems with Expertise my trinket giving 83 Expertise rating when i replaced with some other trinkets I'll lose and I can only get back that with 4 gem. but meantime when i replaced my AP gems I'll completely lose 120 AP. and my total AP is in edge now. And this is really important number. It's 5039 now. and really I don't wanna drop it 4.9k. and the other thing is AP gems giving a bit SP also. This is why i prefer to using pure AP gems. As you know Shamans are not pure melee. Our abilities are spell and small SP is really useful. When i start playing as enhancement I was using 20 AP +10 haste gems. Then i wanted to try some pure AP really it increased my dps nearly 1k in recount. my calculation was 1,5k in theorically. I think if don't remember wrong 40 AP giving like 20-30 SP or same as AP. Can't remember clearly. [Herkuml War Token] this will be the first replacement for me. Ofc it has to drop first. After i get this trinket I gonna work some other things. And my haste is unbuffed 2.15 with windfury totem it's 1.75 and with my gloves enchant 1.61 I'm dropping it like 1.50 i guess with some other raid buffs or maybe not. it has been long time ago when i raided last:).

And I wanna add this I'm not fanatic [Victor's Call] . It's only usable with my Wolves. It has to be replace. But the thing I have arrange other stats also. So I think I have to keep equip that until i get other stats enough.
And please don't be mad. I read your other post before. And i forget to answer that. I'm really studying hard on these days. And really math, physic and chemistry are getting me sick after 6 hours in school and 8 hours in home. This is the reason why i want to stary playing wow again Happy. I need to rest sometimes and 3 or 4 days in week seems good Happy
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Also: his previous app to us.

my ap atm is 4965... my experties is 26/26... and still its quite good deeps why worrying about ap when your melee hits will me much faster
catalysim
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

ups mised the point of your trinket change but well my answer says all and the trinket gives about 200+ ap while active so theres the loss of ap
dreamdust.melee
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

the haste trinket this is funny you call the trinket needs too drop..........You can buy it at vendor for frost badges......

Also you talk bout atp=spell power and that you arent doing dmg on melee only and still you dont understand why you stack haste then since more hast means more white dmg swings means more maelstrom procc means more instand Lightning bolts,
I rlly prefer 5lighting bolts with a bit less dmg then 2that do a bit more dmg

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: