Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Gemrah
Veteran-Monkey
Ever so eager to reply

re: Alexuul DK Tank [Accepted]

And the advice from me on how to reply to a topic rather than create a new post each time ;)

Xulgos
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Dear Alex,

Thank you for applying to EoL. I'll give my assessment of your character soon. One thing up front: EoL is very full on DK spots. I might squeeze in a very -very- good DK tank...and thats me having to bribe the recruitment officer...

About the rune tap: For healing it is indeed 'useless'. For generating threat it is quite nice. When used while vamp. blood is up, it is well worth the threat generation from the healing, as you do not only heal yourself, but others too. (extra threat)...anyway, specific numbers on Elitist Jerks were there to 'convince' me it is not a bad thing to take it...yet you have to know why you use it and when to use it Happy

Anyway, bit short on time, I'll get back later.

Ok, here follows my assessment of your character 'on paper':

Gear: Looking good. Overall you are up to speed for Eol raiding. No major issues. I do like to hear your opinion why you chose to enchant your gloves not for HP, but for threat/parry, since you are sporting only 1 tanking spec, which is blood. Also I'm interested why you chose armor enchant over defence enchant on your cloak. Also I'm interested in why you chose the enchant on your shoulders over the HP one (yes, I know its from pvp) Same with your boots: why the 15 stam/speed while there is a more HP enchant out there? Do share your wisdom with me!

Talent/glyphs:
Blood for tanking, unholy for arena. All good and well. No major flaws in your build. Sure there are a few variations in blood tanking spec, but thats ok. I'm more interested in the answer to my following question: You are wanting to join EoL in raids. We need to have a Death Knight tank who can both AoE tank -and- single target tank. I'll need you to be able to switch on the fly. Also at one point I'll ask you to incorporate a tanking spec which has Improved Icey Talons. Will you abide to those requests when I ask them of you? Remember, the guild needs a tank to raid who can deal with every situation we encounter.

Experience: Overall you have more experience tanking stuff with your DK then me. This is good. Very good.

Professions:
While sporting a blood tanking spec, I wonder why you chose enchanting over mining. It's a 'minor' detail and I'm not very worried, I'm just intrigued: am I wrong to say that Mining eventually gives you more HP then enchanting?

Overall:
Judging from your 'on paper' qualities, I'd say I'm pleased. You look very promising.
There is one thing I can not see there though...and I find it very much more important than anything listed above: Your attitude, skill and knowledge. Screw gear, screw stats. I'm not just looking for a DK tank, I'm looking for a -guildmember-. A guildmember who'll fit into the EoL DK team. We work together, we help eachother.
I'm intrested to see how you will turn out in that department. And yes, I've declined people with awesome gear and stats before.

My advice to the recruiter:
I would like to see Alexuul on a trial. With an emphasis on -trial-. Officially I have no spots for any Death Knight left in my team, yet on a first glance this applicant looks like he could be an addition to the guild. I'm not worried about his stats....I'm worried about his attitude, skill and knowledge...and there is only one way to find out.

Xulgos wrote:

About the rune tap: For healing it is indeed 'useless'. For generating threat it is quite nice. When used while vamp. blood is up, it is well worth the threat generation from the healing

Overhealing generates no threat, thats a contradiction

*logic sensors explode*
Alexuul.
EoL-Veteran
Found the forum!

re: Alexuul DK Tank

I shall change my hands enchant.I took enchanting because i considered more important ring enchants.Yes im willing to change spek whenever the guild asks me too since gold is no issue for me.
Xulgos
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Laerel1 wrote:
Xulgos wrote:

About the rune tap: For healing it is indeed 'useless'. For generating threat it is quite nice. When used while vamp. blood is up, it is well worth the threat generation from the healing

Overhealing generates no threat, thats a contradiction

*logic sensors explode*

Agree! Thats why it requires a player to know -when- to use it:)

re: Alexuul Dk tank

/bomp
Hope to hear from you guys.
Linven
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

re: Re: Alexuul Dk tank

Alexuul86 wrote:
/bomp
Hope to hear from you guys.

Someone is eager? ;)

Alex is a good guy, can't say much about his performance in PVE, never saw him, but yeah.. a good bloke Happy

//Mariya

Chatterbox

I'm going to see what the recruiters decision is.

re: Alexuul Dk tank

Ok ty.
-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

So I decided to give some comments afterall, so..
I want to start out with that I don´t know too much about tanking, so I might be wrong, just how I see it.

Gear
Looks fine to me, there´s always upgrades.

Enchants
Isn´t [Greater Inscription of the Gladiator] a better shoulder enchant?
Also, how bad is your threat? Because else there are better glove enchant.

Gems
Looks fine to me, but then again, not so sure.

Specc
Looks like a standard Blood tanking specc to me, no complains.

Skills
Not sure how good you´re, so can´t vouch for that.

Raiding Experience
Done pretty much everything that we´re doing atm, started HM´s on 10man though, and had attempts on LK 25.

Why arn´t you in Unnatural anymore? Or is it because you applied to EoL? Just curious!

I´m pretty sure if have enough tanks atm, seen a few going DPS for some raids.

Of course I´m not the one deciding whatever you get a trial or not.

Good luck!

/Arkas
Nilieth/Mymri
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

From what I know of him he's an arrogant prick who thinks he's twice as good as he really is. He was okay-ish from what I saw then though. And maybe he's changed, but if he'd applied while I was still with you guys I would've laughed in his face and said he wasn't EoL material.

re: Alexuul DK Tank

Arkas your advices actualy contradict Xulgos .If u be so kind and look at what Xulgos asked Alex to change is exactly the shoulder and hands enchant.He got kicked from Unnatural the second he applied to EoL

Also I'm interested in why you chose the enchant on your shoulders over the HP one (yes, I know its from pvp) Same with your boots: why the 15 stam/speed while there is a more HP enchant out there? Do share your wisdom with me!
-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Coto, why do you answer for Alex?
I was also giving my PoV of his character, I know Xulgos already have aswell!

The post was for Alex, not you.

/Arkas
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: Re: Alexuul DK Tank

Coto. wrote:
why the 15 stam/speed while there is a more HP enchant out there? Do share your wisdom with me!

Did you just...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: