Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Puredismissed

re: Lixium - MM Hunter [Accepted]

Azlannagh wrote:
and how are you going to compare it to other raids then, if it's a pug, the setup of buffs is hardly consistent and your DPS will suffer more from RNG and bad players then you changing the glyphs. The only way to accurately calculate and test changes in gear, spec and glyphs is with a spreadsheet.

True, hence why i didn't test it the pug i did last night. Spreadsheets don't take in to account; Moving during a boss fight or players dieing during fights. This is the same for socketing ARMP. Whilst ARMP is great for fights when movement is minimal, agility based Hunter will blitz player that socket ARMP during a fight where movement is key. I can see that these glyphs mean a lot to you, but testing them out side a substantial raid setup would be very bias.
Azlannagh
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Then try not to move during a raid and fyi, I have still to see a agi MM specced hunter to beat me in DPS.

You don't want to trust my experience and knowhow, fine, do whatever you want, I was just trying to help you.

Also known as Azlana or Monck
Puredismissed

Azlannagh wrote:
Then try not to move during a raid and fyi, I have still to see a agi MM specced hunter to beat me in DPS.

You don't want to trust my experience and knowhow, fine, do whatever you want, I was just trying to help you.

I have taken your advice and purchased a set of glyphs. I will test them my way as i believe this is the best way. Every play style is not the same as yours.
Puredismissed

Azlannagh wrote:

And its silly to say "Try and not move". Most fights require you to move.
Azlannagh
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Yeah right, there's really much room for wiggling in the MM rotation or when you pop your CD's. Movement should be minimal anyways, so I really don't see how yours could be so different...

Puredismissed

Azlannagh wrote:
Yeah right, there's really much room for wiggling in the MM rotation or when you pop your CD's. Movement should be minimal anyways, so I really don't see how yours could be so different...

It's not. I'm just waiting to test them in my way. My glyphs are just as suitable as yours. Most hunters glyph my way because its simply one of the best ways. Under 450 ARMP arcane shot is still viable, hence why it adds an extra inst shot. During kiting bosses this can help immensely.
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

There there guys got get aggy with each other Happy

I think it's heathy to think out of the box every now and then, testing means new opertunities and all that can happen is that you find that your DPS will get better or jeg find out that it wont.
We all have different play style, we might use same rotation but it doesn't mean that we will put out the same amout of DPS.

Its the same in healing and tanking.... On the paper we do the same, but in practice we might not Happy

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Forgive my non hunter knowledge, but how does gemming agility give better dps on a movement fight?

Surely you are either doing more damage with your abilities with arp or you are not?
Puredismissed

Laerel1 wrote:
Forgive my non hunter knowledge, but how does gemming agility give better dps on a movement fight?

Surely you are either doing more damage with your abilities with arp or you are not?

Arcane shot or any other shot that is based on spells, doesn't benefit from ARMP.
Azlannagh
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Must be the reason why ARP hunters don't use that shot :p

We have superior DoT's tho.

Puredismissed

Azlannagh wrote:
Must be the reason why ARP hunters don't use that shot :p

We have superior DoT's tho.

Indeed, there are arguments to both sides.
Azlannagh
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I'll try this one last time.

Benefits of dropping glyph of Chimera for steady shot:

MM has a fixed rotation for 1 reason: Improved steady shot, that means all those nice and shiny ImprSS procs go to your strongest shot: Chimera Shot, with your glyph of Chimera shot however, those nice and shiny procs got to waaaay inferior spells like arcane shot or aimed shot. the benefit of dropping this glyph will be bigger Chimera shot damage (and bigger chimera serpent damage) + with the 10% bonus on Steady shot, your piercing shots will also hit for alot more.

Now dropping kill shot in favor of hawk:

Kill shot is indeed a good glyph: for trash and fights with bucketloads of adds (yogg saron was THE killshot fight due to adds and the fact that he starts at 30% in p3) however in normal fights with adds, there will still be a time when massive DPS is required on the boss and not only when in sub 20% range, therefor we take glyph of the hawk, wich will mostly result in greater piercing hsot damage and greater amounts of Auto shot damage, wich in turn leads to more procs for wild quiver and Zod's repeating longbow. Not to mention that your steadies will be faster and there will be opportunities to pull one more off then one ussually does.

I hope that clarifies things a bit. There might be connections I still forgot, but then again, I'm not perfect either.

Puredismissed

Azlannagh wrote:
I'll try this one last time.

Benefits of dropping glyph of Chimera for steady shot:

MM has a fixed rotation for 1 reason: Improved steady shot, that means all those nice and shiny ImprSS procs go to your strongest shot: Chimera Shot, with your glyph of Chimera shot however, those nice and shiny procs got to waaaay inferior spells like arcane shot or aimed shot. the benefit of dropping this glyph will be bigger Chimera shot damage (and bigger chimera serpent damage) + with the 10% bonus on Steady shot, your piercing shots will also hit for alot more.

Now dropping kill shot in favor of hawk:

Kill shot is indeed a good glyph: for trash and fights with bucketloads of adds (yogg saron was THE killshot fight due to adds and the fact that he starts at 30% in p3) however in normal fights with adds, there will still be a time when massive DPS is required on the boss and not only when in sub 20% range, therefor we take glyph of the hawk, wich will mostly result in greater piercing hsot damage and greater amounts of Auto shot damage, wich in turn leads to more procs for wild quiver and Zod's repeating longbow. Not to mention that your steadies will be faster and there will be opportunities to pull one more off then one ussually does.

I hope that clarifies things a bit. There might be connections I still forgot, but then again, I'm not perfect either.

I know. Why cant you settle with the fact that ill try it in a suitable raid setup?
Azlannagh
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

because those numbers so so damn subjective one can see anything in them...

Puredismissed

Azlannagh wrote:
because those numbers so so damn subjective one can see anything in them...

Ill change them for you now. I'm tired of being Keyboard Warrior.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: