Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dargno

re: Mage/hunter/shaman applying

Personal Infomation:
Sex: male
Nationality: netherlands

Character 1 Information:
Name: Daraga
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Level: 64
Keys: frostmage, mana efficient, high dps, low aggro

Character 2 Information:

Name: Dargno
Race: Night Elf
Class: Hunter
Level: 64
Keys: beastmaster, tough tank pet, high dps

Character 3 Information:
Name: Darthun
Race: Draenei
Class: Shaman
Level: 54
Keys: elemental // resto, totem efficient offhealing, top dps

What are your primary roles during a raid?

Mage: dps, CC with sheep
Hunter: (off)tanking with pet, dps, CC with frost traps
Shaman: dps, group buff with totems and emergency healing

Any RP details about your character?

Moving the chars from a non-RP server because normal pvp servers lack the intelligence and the depth in character.

Dargno was born with this name as a dragonhunter, from which his name is constructed (its an anagram of Dragon). At his very youth he traveled all the way to Durotar to find his soulmate. There he found deathflayer, the elite scorpion and convinced him to be his aid in better and worse. Dargno grew experienced by constantly aiding the alliance, hiding when needed and battling mostly beasts to make himself some nice leather outfits, and when the need was there also eliminating other evil forces.

Daraga was born in a similar matter, and from the very beginning she learned that her primary source of power was too valuable to waste so she made the promise to herself to make sure she was never out of mana. By dressing in blue robes and learning the powers of mainly frost with a touch of arcane magic she developed into a powerfull sorceress.

About two years later Darthun was born. A small shaman from the new race of the draenei who only landed a few months ago on azeroth. He noticed a lot of his fellow brothers and sisters liked to smash and smack their foes down, but didnt like that. Therefor he said to himself "I will not use weapons to create such bloodbaths". So he started to heal the survivors of the crash and slowly aided other people in the constant war in Azeroth. When there was no aid to heal he decided to get some more experience with the powers of lightning so he could survive when it was a matter of life and death. Peacefully exploring Azeroth he hopes that one day soon he can travel to the far Outlands to bring honour to his race.

Previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving:
none

How did you find us?
Cauluintur told me about his server and his guild and the power of roleplaying versus the normal playstyle.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
- Adult behaviour in guild
- The thought other characters will respect mine and my decisions
- Constructive criticism without penalties
- Playing together to make the best out of each other

What do you expect of us, and how will you contribute?
- Adult behaviour, which i myself will contribute to in the same way
- Free flow of idea's without the narrow thoughts (like "can i tank? No a paladin cannot tank. But i have xxxk HP and xxxk armor? No you cant tank only warriors can tank") i like to think out of the box myself too
- The general idea of multitasking and the idea certain classes can fill in multiple roles even in the same instance or battle. Most of my characters are capable of those things.

Who can we contact for a reference?
Cauluintur

Anything else you would like to add?

It will cost me 20 EUR for each character i transfer and i will transfer them one at a time monthly if everything goes well. I have played WoW since the game was released but took a 1-year break due to a new gf and inability to play games at her place. I like to make talent builds for all classes and i like to know the strenghts and weaknesses of every class and the various roles they can play. I like to think out of the box and i like to do what i think is right without people commanding me while not telling me why. BTW i play casual that means about 3-4 evenings a week maximum for i have a life and a gf who needs time too. I will play with all characters who are allmost equally good geared but off course if any character is needed more i have no issues playing that character.

Check them in the armory for gear stats (if armory works fine that is) i have also some gear in bank for later levels (got gear for lvl 70 for most characters)

Daraga mage bladefist
Dargno hunter bladefist
Darthun shaman Shadowmoon
Arphenion

EoL is strictly level 70 guild.

re: level 70

with 1 level/day i will be lvl 70 with at least one character within a week. I hope the dedication, playstyle and maturity are more important then a few levels
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Remember we did make an exception for you too Arphenion?
The only difference was, that you where 69 instead of 64.

One of the reasons that we're not taking lower levels, is cause we can't really judge their combat value.

Your application looks very promising though, and for that I don't want to turn you down on the spot.

However, this transfer and you joining Echoes of Lordaeron requires a lot of trust from both sides. You need to trust us for being genuine and honest and not kicking you. We need to trust you and Cauiluintûrs judgment about you being an actually good player. Because if we let this transfer happen, it would be unethical to kick you if you prove not worhty, cause of the money you spent on the transfer.

So I need to review this application even more serious than I usually do, to avoid any of the sides regretting it later on.

Now after all this blablabla, I'm off to bed, and see how if feel about it in the morning after a good nights rest. I'll also consult some of my fellow guildmembers and officers about it, since this guild tries to value the opinions of the members as well.

If i get a go i will transfer my highest char (i think hunter for now, and another char when the he is 70 so i can level inbetween raids/instances) and cauluintur promised me he would help me level a bit... well i'm gonna sleep now too anyway. Just did zangarmarsh for an hour and a half and cleared the dead mire a few times while questing... gotta love the new patch for BM hunters btw. Mend pet is so much better now and the faster pet attack speed gives a nice boost to the crit/fight chance Happy

btw i hope you guys dont bother with me replying a lot on forums thats my habit in guild forums ^^ 1.5 year ago i was in a good guild too ... did MC and then took a year break hehe getting the habit back :P
Arphenion

Maybe i was a bit rough on my first post, but so far we have treated all applications like that henche the strictly 70 part. (I didn't apply i was invited because i knew Teshnor/Archanaar before EoL ever came to be xD)

Seems i was too tired last night to read through the whope application so i missed the transfer and other parts. But if Caul says you are a man to be had then i back it up with full confidence because Caul has earned both my trust and respect which isn't a small thing to do over such a short period of time..

Nuff' said.

Arph arph!

Upping the guild post count

re: Agreed with Arphenion

Fully agreed with both Liesje and Arphenion. I'm not going to repeat those points here; All I wish to add is that:

a) That application looks pretty good!
b) We will have to help you level and get attunements for a bit, so it's going to be a 2-way investment. But that's ok, as long as we get a good player back for it.
c) Carefully consider which you're going to transfer. That mage might be nice to have too. We have 2 mages and 2 hunters currently though, so it may depend on spec.

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Saruuni

Nice application.

But we already have a shaman >;] *cough*
Arphenion

We got two tbh, one is just away til further notice :D

But great Saruuni, gave me a laugh for sure!

Arph arph!

Can post, will post

re: application

im glad u are interested in coming to join our guild and an awesome application. mature skilled players is exactly the route we wanna go. For me a mature skilled player means more then a few levels. the future looks bright for us all.

we will get back to you as soon as we talked it over in group...
look forward to play with u and good luck

leveling my hunter at the moment with about 1 level/6 hours as current rate (a lot of questing and rested exp) when he is out of rested exp i will transfer him so it can go a bit quicker. I will try to make time so i can get at least one level each two days with 3-4 hours a day.

Then i will level my mage until the hunter is back from the transfer (i hope its not too much downtime for a transfer they say about 3-4 days).

Not talking here about my latest member of the Dar'aguros family though because that will take 16 instead of 6 levels to ding ^^ (and the fact that elemental boost was reversed... no more clearcast on crit ). Trying to get the story for all three characters straight as well Happy Maybe i should read myself more into the several backgrounds of the races and maybe the classes but i think if i keep that parts vague i can make a nice story as well.

Thinking about adoption of two children each year at childrens week ( first Dar'gno and later Dar'thun) by the mighty family of the Dar'aguros with their young daughter Dar'aga, and with the father influencing to take the path of magic to control with thought instead of bare hands, while Dar'gno prefers true friendship above magic and how his foster-father doesnt agree with that.

Though i'm mainly focussing on leveling now hehe.

If anyone has more to say about the chars to transfer and what is needed please tell me Happy with my mage i have some raid experience but i like my hunter so much atm because the latest patch buffed my playstyle a lot Happy

Frost trap + beastial wrath + feign + indimidate = 4 mobs of my level at the same time with a pet that survives as well Happy Did most group quests solo damn i like that so much haha

Mage is more acceptable for the CC ... sheep just lasts longer but with a lot of +damage gear its a bit of a glass canon with an emergency break, while shaman is a bit less cannon and a bit less glass but a nice lightning shooting machinegun with the ability to emergency heal when needed though i think about going resto for healing can be quite fun. Once i was in ZF where i was top dps and top healing at the same time... is it the group that sucks that bad nowadays or the fact was on a regular server?
Saruuni

You won't have to worry about the transfer thing, waiting three to four days is a bunch of poodoo. When I did it they also told me so many days and it didn't take 3 minutes :D

Guess it depends on rush hour.. just transfer during the day because everyone else will try to be smart and do it in the morning or evening.
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

That one night thinking turned into 2 nights, but we finally made a decision. You're accepted!!! Welcome to the guild mate.

Now for the logistics: just /w me or Silaz as soon as you're transferred and we'll invite you.

cool :D

can i get full forum acces too now? ;)

dinged 65 2day btw :envy
Nikolaos
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Grats and looking forward to meeting you in game Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: