Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
BalynWIN
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

re: Chief, holydin (again) [Accepted]

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: Sweden

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Chíef
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game): 120 days, 4 hours
Talent Built(Armory link please): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Ch%C3%ADef&group=2
Set of glyphs used: Seal of Wisdom, Glyph of Beacon of Light, Glyph of Holy Light, Glyph of Lay on Hands, Glyph of Blessing of Kings, Glyph of the Wise
Willing to respec (to another role)? no(im just holy)
Professions and their level: enchanting 450, engineering 405

What are your primary roles during a raid? Healer

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? Well, since last time ive got pretty much more exp. Ive reached LK in both 10m and 25m Normal. Ive done some bosses in HC aswell(10m)

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. Yes.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? I can prolly do all the raids and if I cant one/two days I will tell you a couple of days before.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? None tbh.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? Intel Dual Core E5200, geForce 8600GTS, 2gig ram. - About 70 fps

Do you ever have latency problems? No, I dont -besides if my ICP(if its called that) have problems.

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? Yes

Are you using any other addons? Pally Power, Healbot.

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment.

10m:
http://img213.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot042510225622.jpg/
25m:
http://img682.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot042510225609.jpg/
RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? Sure.

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? not this question again ^^, well kind, sweet, pro.

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? ~middle of tbc

What areas do you think you could improve in and why?Spare my mana

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? PvE - Ive stopped playing PvP. PvP - I dont do pvp more but its fun. RP - Not for me

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) Too many(tbh)

Do you share your account with anybody? No.

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? Avatars of Torment - Well, I'd like to stay but it seems like the guild is dying. At least 4 people have left or went inactive in 2 days, we have done 1 raid under this week since we couldnt get people to go and progress(25 and 10m). They are really nice and if I get a trial I will for sure miss them. They have been really nice to me and they have helped me alot.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty Cute.

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! Yes, I am indeed.
Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
Well, as I said it seems like AoT is dying and I still feel like Im not done with WoW yet and I do really, really REALLY want to progress ICC10/25 + hc. And if AoT cant fill this spots, well it may sound rude - You are the best choice. I had for sure joined you last time I applyed if .. this sounds so mean and cruel(and I dont mean it in a bad way) AoT didnt accept me first. You are a good guild and so are AoT, and I do like the members in AoT but as I said it seems like the guild is going down(at least imo).

This sounded bad in all ways but I didnt mean it in a bad way.

Why do you think we should choose you? Well, im a quick learner(I do know the tactics now for ICC tho), im funny to talk with, im active, willing to learn.

Who can we contact for reference*? Well.. Ellee have "inproved" my gear and he have seen my progress(so far), but ive never played with anyone of you.

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? Yes. Im sorry sötpojke for beeing rude the other day, I just had a bad day and when I saw you post that in trade over 24 hours earlier then you were gonna go icc10 I was like "oO, what is the point of it?". So Im sorry.

Then I also want to say im sorry for last time cuz I didnt tell you I applyed to 3 different guilds. I'd like another chance, if you still are intrested.

/ Jimmy.
-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I´m gonna start by saying, I´m not a Paladin, but I do know some things!

Gear: Are you really using PvP items?

Enchants/Gems: Can´t say much about this, seem fine to me, though.. is the head and shoulder enchant the best? As I´ve said, I´m not a Paladin, just asking.

Talent/Glyphs: Looks fine to me.

Professions: Why did you pick Enchanting and Engineering?

Experience: Pretty much what we are doing atm, always good with a quick learner also!

A huge plus for being from Sweden!!

Vouch for a trial.

I´m sorry if I´m being wrong with anything, was just bored and wanted to do something.

/Arkas
Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

Hi,

Spec and glyphs are fine. Your item choices are not ideal - you really want to drop the crit/mp5 gear for haste/mp5 or haste/crit - you may already be aiming to do this though...

However, you seem to have put some effort into improving since your last application so I wish you luck with this one, and vouch!

Myrr
Manilicious
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

May I ask for how long have you been in AoT?

I think you exaggerate quite alot if you think the guild is going down because 4 people, went inactive/quit. But again it's extremely frustrating to plan your evenings for raiding and then to log on and find 12 ppl online when there ought to be 25.

EoL is a good opportunity for sure, but think hard before you choose, as it's not likely you are welcomed back with such open arms, if you choose to abandon them now, when they seem to need you more than ever! no comment (AoT that is..for added clarity!;))

Can post, will post

Arkas / Clawne wrote:
I´m gonna start by saying, I´m not a Paladin, but I do know some things!

Gear: Are you really using PvP items?

Enchants/Gems: Can´t say much about this, seem fine to me, though.. is the head and shoulder enchant the best? As I´ve said, I´m not a Paladin, just asking.

Talent/Glyphs: Looks fine to me.

Professions: Why did you pick Enchanting and Engineering?

Experience: Pretty much what we are doing atm, always good with a quick learner also!

A huge plus for being from Sweden!!

Vouch for a trial.

I´m sorry if I´m being wrong with anything, was just bored and wanted to do something.

/Arkas

Well, yes Im playing with the pvp gear I have on atm. Im hopening for the shield from Lord Marrowgar to drop but havnt had that luck yet :p
The wep is pretty ok. The back is good aswell since it is haste on it.

Shoulder + headenchants is what Ellee told me to have so, I trust him :p
Enchanting - Well, I wanted to have it for pvp since 23sp on rings(yes, ) and Engineering - About the same, spellpower on back, rocket on hands, bomb on waist + rocketboost AND hand haste.

=)

Myrrden: Yea, well Ive taking the most what I can get. =)
Maniok: I've been in AoT for a month or so. The reason why I think the guild is "going down" is that it have been pretty inactivity the last week(also two weeks ago it was pretty dead but we did some 10m at least), this week we havnt done any 10m cuz people dont sign/show up = People not intrested of progressing.

Ive been thinking of this alot today and I do feel like a douche(spelling?) but again, Im not that kind of type who wants to sit and do nothing. If people cant come to a raid in time then they should write a thread on the homepage or write in the shoutbox which most of the people have done untill this week. I mean, 10 people is not much but we can just get like 6-7. Facezia left today cuz he didnt want to wait(as me) for people to come online or skip raids and he was our 10m leader.

As I said, ive been thinking of this alot and my decision is that I want to try with you, if I now get a trial. I need to progress and I want LK down before I prolly will quit, which will be when cataclysm comes prolly - dunno for sure tho. We'll see. Im adicted to this game tho so, I will prolly keep playing .

But this.. ya, this is how I feel.
Forumtroll111

As I said, ive been thinking of this alot and my decision is that I want to try with you, if I now get a trial. I need to progress and I want LK down before I prolly will quit, which will be when cataclysm comes prolly - dunno for sure tho. We'll see. Im adicted to this game tho so, I will prolly keep playing .

Hehe, your actually saying that you just want to kill the lich king before your (most likely) going to quit. That doesn't sound .. stupid when joining a raiding guild Im sure..?

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Shamarice
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Forumtroll111 wrote:
chieff wrote:

Hehe, your actually saying that you just want to kill the lich king before your (most likely) going to quit. That doesn't sound .. stupid when joining a raiding guild Im sure..?

Altho i normally not into feeding forumtrolls *WINK*WINK* this troll actually has a point.

Can post, will post

Haha, yea it sounds strange, as my sister said aswell. I said it as a joke tho and I wont stop playing, trust me :P I have tryed to stop playing this game for like a half year and I can stop play it for maybe a week then Im back again .

But what I ment was that im not satisfied before i've got LK down in both 10m and 25m and maybe HC aswell, it feels like thats just something I HAVE TO DO. After that, well cataclysm is coming soon and (mohaha) im gonna get that endboss aswell
Saylier

You probably dont really care, but from me it is a huge vouch, very skilled healer, I played with him in AoT (ICC25, LK fight etc.)

and by the way sorry for the other day (bad joke). And again, you can remove my post if you like to, I just wanted to back him up Happy

His old Application:
http://eol.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4614915&gid=3747

I will start looking over your application now and give my evaluation of it.

EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

go ahead =)
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Hey there Chíef. Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Galsif is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

At the moment we are looking for one or two Paladins to fill our ranks, so there might be a big chance for you to get a trial Happy

When reading through your application I get the feeling that you really really wanna do this, and even tho you are sad to leave AoT you still seem open to us and the you want to get to know us Happy
One thing that worries me a bit is the fact that you aren’t 100% sure AoT is dying. What if they aren’t and you have joined us, will you then leave and join them again?

I don’t really read in your app that you will stop playing anywhere, I can see your joke ;)

Im still not too happy with you using PvP gear as PvE, but I guess it’s something we can work passed when you get some upgrades.
Other than that your gear looks really good Happy

You might wanna level your engineering ;) 405 is a bit low to benefit from it, or am I wrong?

Other than those comments above I don’t really have much more to say, you seem like a nice guy and you seem dedicated.

When Galsif has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

I do believe you was a member of Banish.
BalynWIN
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Miriel/Norrinja wrote:
Hey there Chíef. Thank you for applying to Echoes of Lordaeron.

Im the Recruitment Officer and I shall be dealing with your application.
Galsif is your Class Representative and he should be around pretty soon to look over your character, but meanwhile I will take a quick glance.

At the moment we are looking for one or two Paladins to fill our ranks, so there might be a big chance for you to get a trial Happy

When reading through your application I get the feeling that you really really wanna do this, and even tho you are sad to leave AoT you still seem open to us and the you want to get to know us Happy
One thing that worries me a bit is the fact that you aren’t 100% sure AoT is dying. What if they aren’t and you have joined us, will you then leave and join them again?

I don’t really read in your app that you will stop playing anywhere, I can see your joke ;)

Im still not too happy with you using PvP gear as PvE, but I guess it’s something we can work passed when you get some upgrades.
Other than that your gear looks really good Happy

You might wanna level your engineering ;) 405 is a bit low to benefit from it, or am I wrong?

Other than those comments above I don’t really have much more to say, you seem like a nice guy and you seem dedicated.

When Galsif has given his opinion, and possible issues has been solved I shall give my verdict as wether you will get a trial or not.

Good Luck with your application!

- Norriel
The Recruiter.

If im gonna join them again: Well, no.. tbh I didnt really want to leave them but as I said im not that kind of person who just sit down and do nothing. I have to do something all the time. But as I also have said it feels like I have to. 4-5 people doesnt seem much but when we cant get a full group for 10m, thats when I get "insecure" about it. Thats the point I feel that the guild is dying.

About the pvp gear; I think its pretty good(at least for now) since the wep is OK and also the back is OK. The shield is the problem cuz it do really "exist" better shields. And im hopeing for the shield from lord morrowgar to drop aswell ^^.

The wep is pretty ok for now, it may be good with the battered hilt sword or the 1h from morrogar(the one with hit)

Engineering: Well, tbh I want to skill up JC instead but I dont have that kind of money atm(I had 3 days ago). Its no mats out on AH to skill it so I gave it up with 105 skill and asked a GM to reset my eng.

I hope this can get you into my "viewpoint".
BalynWIN
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Lix: yes I was.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: