Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Sollarius Holy Paladin [Private App] [Accepted]

We have already dealt with the CR and RO parts of this application, and in the Officer team we decided to let it pass on as almost accepted, however we would very much like to get some comments from our memebers before he is fully accepted.

This is Sollarius application:

REAL LIFE

Sex: Male
Nationality: English

CHARACTER

PVE

Name: Sollarius
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 80

Played Time( day/hour/min you see when you type "/played" in game):
Talent Built(Armory link please):Unsurprisingly.... the armoury is down at this moment
Set of glyphs used: Seal of Wisdom, Beacon of Light, Holy Light
Willing to respec (to another role)? I've tanked ICC10 up to Saurfang, I have a DPS Spec and gear for ICC, I am happy to perform any role, thats why I chose a Hybrid class \o/
Professions and their level: 450 BS 450 Mining

What are your primary roles during a raid? As a Paladin I see it as my profound duty to slack on buffs Happy I beacon the target who will be taking the most damage, and heal the other tanks and if I see an opportunity, I throw a heal to the raid if it is needed. I also provide damage reduction with certain talents and abilities to help tanks weather heavy damage. For example, after three inhale blights I might use hand of Sacrifice on the tank, then use Divine Sacrifice in conjunction with a bubble.

Can you tell us about your previous raiding experiences? I hit level 70 the day before WOTLK came out... the first raids that I did with a guild and vent etc was TOC, (the same for many newish players I would guess). As for ICC progression, I am at the Lich King in 10man mode and the Blood Queen on 25man.

Can you raid during our raid times? 19:00 to 23:00 on all days, except saturday. I am a student, so yes.

How many raids a week are you willing to participate in and can you commit to those raids a couple of days upfront? If you need me, barring a disaster, I am there.

What (difficult) achievements do you have that you consider relevant to the application? Why? Well, after months of Grinding i FINALLY got my Deadmines achivement last week...

Most of my notable achievements are PVP, I'm unable to think of an achievement that would support a guild application though.

What kind of computer hardware do you use? How many FPS are you getting in Dalaran and (raid) instances? 80 fps in dalaran and about the same in ICC

Do you ever have latency problems? Once or twice in my whole WoW life have I had majot latency issues in a raid

Please read our software requirements. Can you install and use the required AddOns on your computer? I have them

Are you using any other addons? Pallypower Auctioneer Gatherer, all the standard ones I believe

Please add a screenshot of your UI here, ideally in a raiding environment. I don have a screenshot, but i use the WOW Standard UI and ive never had a problem, I jsut drag unit frames from the raid page.

RP

It's important for us to make sure that our members will not violate any RP server rules, also means you cannot speak OOC (out of character) in RP chat channels, which are /s /y /e. Will you adhere to server policy? I <3 RP

Can you briefly tell us about your characters personality? Sollarius is ICly a healer and Blacksmith for the Militia and is a caring man, I can get many IC references if needed

GENERAL

When did you start playing WoW? I honestly dont know :/ must be about 18 months...

What areas do you think you could improve in and why? I need to improve my Retribution PVE rotation.

PvE, PvP and RP? Which aspect(s) of the game you like better in which descending order and why? World of Warcraft consists of PVP PVE and RP.... without one it wouldnt be the same and for that reason I value them all equally. I raid ICC, I play Arena and I RP as often as I can

How often (roughly) do you play WoW? (hours/day) 5+

Do you share your account with anybody? No

What are your previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving them? The only REAL guild that I've ever felt any attachment to is my current guild, Disillusion, and I dont want to say anything negative about them, its just I dont agree with the direction of the guild.

How do you find gnomes? a) cute, b) evil or c) tasty oh... my favourite question.... My favourite past time in between pulls in a raid is to pursue and jump on all gnomes, they are the pinacle of evil in the World of Warcraft....

Are you aware that if accepted, your guild master will be a gnome? And no, the previous question has no relevance with this one! I am not aware, but I am sure this is a joke because gnomes dont have the mental capacity to run a guild.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron? Reccomendations. I'm yet to meet someone from EOL that I have not liked.

Why do you think we should choose you? I heal, DPS, tank to the best of my ability. And im awesome in every way.

Who can we contact for reference*? Gondil/Lariena

Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? I soloed the Lich King but didnt get the achieve

Last edited by Airaniel on 2010/04/27 2:06; edited 1 time in total

EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Quote:
Thank you for applying and good luck. Anything else you would like to add? I soloed the Lich King but didnt get the achieve

/giggle :D Seems like a funny guy but lacks PvE experience from what I can see from his app. confused

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Paktaï
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Real nice guy.

Talked to him saturday gave him a breakdown ( cba to put it down here again he cant read it anyways ) changed everything instantly.

Think we can use 2 Hpalla's more so I would suggest trialling him and Chieff

-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I agree with Galsif, I think he´s a good guy and it would be a good idea to get Chíef and him for a trial!

I like his application!

Vouch for trial with Chíef!

/Arkas
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

Im pretty sure we dont even have to trial them "against" each other... we are pretty much looking for more than one more Pala to our healer team.

EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

ive already given both of them an inspecting and a chat, given them the outlines of how to actually gear as a pala, how to actually play as one is a bit different, but we shall see.

For supposedly such an "easy" class to heal with we sure seem to see a lot of failadins. Maybe its the class, or maybe theres more to it than people give credit for.

Love you all.

x

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Raszagal
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Ellee! wrote:
ive already given both of them an inspecting and a chat, given them the outlines of how to actually gear as a pala, how to actually play as one is a bit different, but we shall see.

For supposedly such an "easy" class to heal with we sure seem to see a lot of failadins. Maybe its the class, or maybe theres more to it than people give credit for.

Love you all.

x

You just make it look easy mate - its your fault you are ridicoulously good tongue out

Ras

Can post, will post

Agree with Galsif, might as well bring in both if they're acceptable of course.

Besides would be neat, if Murry could make his mage his main, as we lack that too atm.

Initiate chatterbox

Guy seems perfectly nice but did once spend a VoA lecturing me on why crit is better than haste for a holydin...I'm prepared to be optimistic and say he's probably moved on since then XD
Airaniel
EoL-Veteran

I will be sending a PM to him today.

Sadly the first week or so he wont be able to raid with Vent on, something about the net on his Uni, however he will be at home soon and while there he can raid with vent on, and when he goes back to uni he will try and fix the net there Happy

Accepted

- Norriel

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Sounds like what happened to Maní :P

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: