Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Illva
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Apply to EoL as Mage [Accepted]

I'm not sure tbh, but I got the feeling it still is. I don't use it consistently, but like you pointed out Chill.
But when I move sometimes and LB is allready up or no HS proc I make use of it. Happy
Thyralion
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I see somebody is discussing FB? :D Pure win! I'm not playing anymore but I read lot of theorycraft stuff when 3.3.3 was released and had a chance to test FB quite a bit before I quit and basically what Illva and Chill wrote is true. One watchout is that we're talking about FB not FFB hence FFB shouldn't be used in the rotations at all.

As Illva wrote, FB is little bit better once you get HM gear while Blizz puts more crit than haste on the gear and FB's most important stat is crit = why FB is little bit better. But I'd still say that Arcane is very competetive and in some fights in ICC Arcane is better than FB and on some fights FB is better. It's all about type of the fight:

Fights where FB is better than Arcane:
Norm:
Gunship, Proff, Rotface, Blood council, LK if you have problems with Spirits in P3
HMs:
LD, Rotface, Proff, Blood council, LK

Fights where Arcane is better than FB:
Norm:
Marrow, LD, Saurfang, Fester, LK if you have problems with Valkyres
HMs:
Marrowgar, Saurfang, Fester (but it's very close to FB)

in rest of the fights which I haven't mentioned, Arcane =~ FB.

Regarding Fireblast used in your rotations, I'd suggest to use Fireblast only during movement => in such cases, Fireblast is a dmg boost. I haven't noticed any "gain" when I used it in my regular rotation + I've never seen it to be used in any theorycraft stuff related to FB... As Chill wrote, it could be boost to your DPS during TBC but I haven't read anything about this in Wotlk.

However the most important criteria for deciding if to go FB or Arcane is your current gear. As I mentioned earlier, FB values crit more than haste and if your gear is tuned to Arcane (+ your hit in Arcane is much lower than what you need in FB) then it might not be a good idea to go FB. Very good trinket for FB is that one which you can get in ICC for 60EoF (+152hit + SP boost for 20s, don't know exact name but it's something like Magia misguided...) while it gives you huge boost to your hit so you can use your Arcane gear without changing most of your gear pieces to get that missing 3% hit.
MondSchatten

Ye I thought about buying that trinket since I saw threw DrDamage that i m missing like 3% of hit .
But I think if you take a look I might specced Fire wrong. I went into frost but I also saw that it is possible to go into Arcan somehow with also 18 Points. But I didn t find the specc for that yet .

I hope I can trans my char soon to your realm back .

Btw, is there a chance for a ICC10 man raid where I can go with every week Happy
Isvan
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

[Maghia's Misguided Quill]

EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

I'm happy to let you know you have been Accepted for trial in Echoes of Lordaeron.

During this trial you will be expected to show your skills in raids and your attitude and team spirit in and outside raids.

To make everything run as smoothly as possible we expect you to do the following things:

- Read the What to do after you got accepted? post, and follow the steps listed there.
- Read the Code of Conduct, our rules.
- Read our Raiding page. Our signup system is explained here.
- Install the EoL addon pack found in the code of conduct under software requirements.
- Check the 'Raids' thread for Sign-Up threads. The signups will open Friday and close on Monday evening. If you have missed this for the reset please check the Set Up thread and post when you can help out.
- Read tactics for bossfights you have not done before and are scheduled in to do with us.

I know this might be a lot to take in at first, but in the end it will save you and us a lot of time and confusion.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact your class representative or one of the officers.

Whisper one of the officers (Saraesa, Mystikal, Sullin, Merke, Miriel, Jaenus) in game for an invite to the guild.

Good luck!

Jaenus - The Big Kahuna and Assistant recruitment officer

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Illva
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

I don't go too much into teory tbh. Aslong as I've been a mage I allways lived for what I kill and is usually on top.
Trust me m8 if you are good you will be liked.
MondSchatten

Hehe oke , just need to fix me the money on my bank konto so I can pay the transfer... I ll tell you when done Happy

Thanks for accepting =)
Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Oh, how I'd love to try out Fire again... no comment

Gz Mondi!

Grats..

And what -did- happen to that bike? it'd better not have harmed any moonkins in the process.
MondSchatten

Just a tree , which is missing someparts now...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: