Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Qeal
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Dinionatan, Holydin [accepted]

Nice application, big vouch from me.

Eng./Ench. instead of Mining could give you another nice boost btw.

I know some replies might come up concerning Healbot. I prefer Grid over Healbot (user it for 13 months), if you want to switch, let me know. If your healing is pro with Healbot, nvm.
Ellee!
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

hey mate few things,

- speccing into ret, almost pointless now the minor amount of crit you gain is no where near as useful as the additional raid utility you bring with divine guardian and the mana you gain from not having to recast SS makes speccing into ret pointless.

- you mentioned your glyph, which is good, should be done asap, saves you tons and tons of mana, if you are casting a lot of FoL then you are doing it wrong.

-head chant should be sp/mana5

-Libram of veracity??? please tell me you were doing valithria when you logged out.

- althors abacus is gash for us, good on vali thats about it, the trinket from 5man toc normal is better.

- tuskarrs always on shoes, moving out of that fire faster is vastly more important than the pitiful mana regen.

Overall lackign a lot of haste, not even at the 679 soft cap, you have too many sp/crit peices. Anyways decent app well written, obv not done too much reading on hpala, but thats v easily fixed.

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
Illuvatar / Myrrden
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

To give him some credit, if he's been away a while, crit used to be the way to go hence the spec and gearing.

Now we stack intellect to the max due to divine plea, and go for haste/mp5 gear.

The nerf to Illumination just makes crit pretty useless nowadays.

Holy light is your best friend and with a decent amount of intellect and mp5, and the correct rotation of divine plea, you can spam away without too many mana problems.
Ellee!
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

ah yeh sorry didnt see that, add a more friendly tone to my post then :D

Look at the Oddish.
Look how happy he looks.
You wish you were that happy.
But you're not.
Oddish hates you.
.Dini

re: @ Work response

No offense taken what so ever. I always say that if I can work well and do the job well with what I have, or my current setup and this setup can be tweaked and or bettered by suggestions than that can only be a doubly good thing. Yes crit was the love and I have had to come to terms with it. But advice from you guys is really appriciated. I can gladly say that I will take advice and criticism on the chin and learn from it. If I perform well now and comfortably then I will be surely able to perform even better with the changes suggested.

Side note: Yes I had already planned but not mentioned to change the Feet enchant as per the Glyph indication.

Didnt think about the other enchant but if what you guys say is now the case, I would be a fool not to listen.

Just hope I get the chance to heal along side you ladies and gents.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
.Dini

re: Furthermore

What Libram would you suggest if not Veracity? Its up nearly all the time and I assume would scale for such things as Sacred Shield etc...?

Mystikael
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Re: Furthermore

.Dini wrote:
What Libram would you suggest if not Veracity? Its up nearly all the time and I assume would scale for such things as Sacred Shield etc...?

[Libram of Renewal] is the best bar none, with the exception of Veracity for Dreamwalker where mana regen isn't a problem.

Believe me, I have a Holy Paladin alt and the amount of mana Renewal saves over the course of a boss fight is ridiculous, bordering on OP.

The problem with Paladin healing is that you almost never stop healing and so +healing effects tend to contribute to overhealing, which means longevity > spellpower. That's not to say +healing effects don't have their place, but there is a reason we gem for Intellect wink

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
.Dini

re: Still @ Work

Well I always keep the gear thats a "close shave" so it will be in the bank somewhere with a truck full of shiny gems.

Further advice noted. And Ty for further bringing me up to speed.

Clundge
Initiate
Found the forum!

Just a quick thanks for the inv to raid this eve. Was a good giggle, and a prime example of why I applied. Progress with a giggle!
-Arky-
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

I think you did pretty well in tonights raid with us, might be wrong though. Not sure in what realm you were in.

As stated, you should go into Protection instead of Retribution.
Change Libram to the ilvl 200 one. And glyph of FoL to Beacon.
Go for pure Intellect gems and one +10 all stat to activate your meta.
About the professions, I think JC/BS is the best combo as a Holy Paladin, more Intellect that way.

I might be wrong since I´m not a Paladin, correct me if I´m wrong.

Good luck!

/Arkas
Vieane
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Vouch from a fellow healer last night. He did well.

"ohai gaiz i just thought i'd join dis thread cos it seems rly happy and naice"
Pyschotaz
EoL-Veteran

I think there were some issues at the start with beams etc and you were one of the healers in the twilight realm who didn't dispell, but there were four of you. However that was at the start and towards the end I didn't notice any issues which is always good.

Healing output seemed good.

Overall I reckon he should get a trial.
.Dini

re: @ Work again....

I wont argue that there were issues, at first I was cleansing after a few secs, then noticed someone seemed to be dedicated to doing it and as everyone was working well I just concentrated on spamhealing after 5-6 wipes to ensure Coco stayed on his feet as that was the 'new' hurdle, assisting others where necessary. More so people not moving when they had the debuff caused issues but as someone and im sure not the only one who walked in having not encountered it before the fact remains, it was killed :D Which is the most important, and when it was killed it was done comfortably I think.
It wasnt a desperate pop everything scenario, it was a very pro show!

:D I enjoyed it!

Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

I was happy enough with your performance as last night's RL. Certainly there were other people who fell victim to the beams more than you did tongue out

I'd be quite happy to see you offered a trial. Vouch.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

I'm in two minds over this one. We are not really lacking holydins and with the lack of DPS at the moment I'd be afraid I'd end up giving you spots at the expense of other holydins in the guild.
Besides that it was mentioned your gear is slightly on the low side?

A word from our Pally CR would be nice. Galsif, hop in and gief opinion.

Page 2 of 5

Jump to: