Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Qeal
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: Cloten, Fury Warrior [Applications Closed]

Good amount of constructive posts after the harsh criticism.

Laerel, I once was a total n00b when I applied to EoL. I died to everything that Hodir threw at me and healed like a tard.
Look at me now, I'm a hardcore Drake Farmer!
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Qeal wrote:
Good amount of constructive posts after the harsh criticism.

Laerel, I once was a total n00b when I applied to EoL. I died to everything that Hodir threw at me and healed like a tard.
Look at me now, I'm a hardcore Drake Farmer!

True Dat.

Just to add though constructive advice is also what EoL is supposed to be all about rather than just one line dismissals of applicants, acting like some uber pro whilst raiding on SSL is kind of fail IMO, doing so whilst wearing the EoL guidtag is letting the alliance side of ssl down as without advice how is the player base expected to improve.

Being dismissive of an applicant when raids are hard to fill and being cancelled or called due to actually having a lack of people willing to show up - without any real idea if the person is actually a skilled player in need of advice is downright farcical.

Cloten mate feel free to poke me in game and have a chat about various things if you need any advice on gearing/gemming or whatnot. For what its worth though i've seen people who know all the theory, and whose characters look flawless on paper and who can't play the spec for shit, i've also seen a lot of people whose characters actually are gemmed incorrectly or have poor item selection who are naturally talented players.

P.S. Lae i hope your topping all damage metres for raids for the last 5 weeks as fury.
P.P.S Dune your correct in your opinion on ArP btw, it has a tipping point at which point it becomes 'the' thing to gem for regardless, from memory i 'think' its around the 1200-1250 or so mark (maybe higher). Until that point str is better.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Jaenus wrote:

For what its worth though i've seen people who know all the theory, and whose characters look flawless on paper and who can't play the spec for shit, i've also seen a lot of people whose characters actually are gemmed incorrectly or have poor item selection who are naturally talented players.

This. A thousand times this.

To date I've approved (on paper) two Resto Druids who looked ZOMG AMAZING on paper and were then outhealed by me in shite gear without any Resto glyphs. Then, on the other extreme, I approved a Balance Druid who looked shaky on paper and is one of only 3 Owls I have ever raided with provided me with a deeps challenge and I am gutted to have lost him (although it couldn't be helped).

Especially when we're not even getting a full contigent of dps for some raids, someone who wants to bring a MS we don't even have on our ranks should be considered. A trial is exactly that, a trial. If we approve someone for a trial and they fail, we politely tell them to 'get out' after the 2 weeks have passed.

GL with your application, Cloten.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

- Vaarsuuvius, having outsmarted Zz'dtri in 'Order of the Stick'

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

- Chen Stormstout, 'Mists of Pandaria'
ClotenFury

Well then!

My application certainly caused a stir Happy Let me try and respond to some of the comments if I may.

- Ok yes i know i have too much hit, but most of MY T10 gear gives me it and its not like im gemming hit!

- I do have Herkuml war token (which gives a constant 300ish Attack power) but ive been experimenting with different trinkets to see what effect they have on my DPS so thats why thats in there now.

- Glyphs - Agree, Yeah I need to get Heroic strike glyph in there ive no idea why ive got bloodthirst glyph in there for raiding :S !

- Gemming, im not sure why you think im gemmed oddly, i have enough ArP to hit the 100% ArP with trinket Proc so have gemmed strength to increase attk power.

Once I get some better weps with more arp Ill drop the str and probably gem full Arp but thers no point me doing that till i get new weps (Which will be when i get shadows edge! have all mats just need the bloods!). Also keep missing out on getting axe from 10man ICC with Arp, forgot the name at the moment.

- Spec, Im not sure why u think i should spec out of Unbridled wrath can you elaborate why?

- Bracers - Yes PVP bracers and this annoys me too! But TBH they are pretty good considering they are PVP! Im terribly terribly terribly unlucky on Loot rolls you dont know how many times ive missed out on some bracers from ICC

I think thats most things covered!
Riha
Arla..
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Mystikal / Adun wrote:
Jaenus wrote:

For what its worth though i've seen people who know all the theory, and whose characters look flawless on paper and who can't play the spec for shit, i've also seen a lot of people whose characters actually are gemmed incorrectly or have poor item selection who are naturally talented players.

This. A thousand times this.

To date I've approved (on paper) two Resto Druids who looked ZOMG AMAZING on paper and were then outhealed by me in shite gear without any Resto glyphs. Then, on the other extreme, I approved a Balance Druid who looked shaky on paper and is one of only 3 Owls I have ever raided with provided me with a deeps challenge and I am gutted to have lost him (although it couldn't be helped).

Especially when we're not even getting a full contigent of dps for some raids, someone who wants to bring a MS we don't even have on our ranks should be considered. A trial is exactly that, a trial. If we approve someone for a trial and they fail, we politely tell them to 'get out' after the 2 weeks have passed.

GL with your application, Cloten.

Heh Gotta love it when you talk about me Dave :D

Forum Pet

Dont mind the difference of opinion in how to treat new applicants, I'd rather keep it on topic.

I'd rather you understood the changes you should make than just doing it and hopeing for the best.

www.wowwiki.com

www.wowhead.com

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/278-Warrior

I wouldnt reccomend going to EJ simply because its so hard to get a straight answer so even a really simple question.

You can find the answers to all the questions you just bought up on those sites, includeing things about talents and how to replace those bracers with a pair that are a million times better in five minutes

And you are speccing for hit, which imo is even worse than gemming for it
ClotenFury

Im on the armory now looking at 're-jigging' my spec.

By the looks of things I can drop points in precsion and a point or two in imp cleave and spec into enrage.
Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Good stuff, enrage is situational, but on a lot of the harder fights you will get almost 100% uptime.

I wouldnt take cleave though, its not much use on most bosses.

Have a play with your talents and look up unbridled wrath on wowhead, that will tell you a bit more about the most useless warrior talent in all the trees ;p
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Don't know if it's the same for Warriors, but the sister-ability to your Enrage, Owlkin Frenzy, was recently stealth-nerfed and has a greatly reduced proc chance* - such that it's only worth 1/3 points now rather than the old 3/3.

The two mechanics aren't exactly identical, but they are close enough that further investigation on how many points are 'correct' for Enrage may be warranted.

* By this, I don't mean the mathematical chance to proc, I simply mean that a lot of raid-wide environmental / boss effects that used to trigger it no longer do so. As such, your Enrage may also be affected.

"I may be in error, but I believe the appropriate proclamation is, 'Sneak Attack, bitch'."

"Why do we fight? To protect home and family. To preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: what is worth fighting for?"

Laerel1
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Enrage always has the same chance to proc, putting up the talents just increases the damage
Mystikael
EoL-Veteran

Laerel1 wrote:
Enrage always has the same chance to proc, putting up the talents just increases the damage

As I said, I'm not referring to the %age chance to proc, I meant that certain non-damaging abilities that used to proc OKF no longer do (e.g. Malleable Goo targetting, BQL's raid-wide Fear, Putricide's Tear Gas ) and that reduces the value of the talent.

You and I discussed this sometime ago in the Warrior forums and you assured me that Enrage and OKF are analogues of one another and function in the same way. As such, a stealth nerf to our ability might carry over to yours too - but Blizzard isn't exactly known for their consistency and so it might equally not have affected Enrage at all.

ClotenFury

I see what you mean about unbridled wrath just on wowhead now
Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Cleave whilst no gamebreaking talent is useful on at least 6 icc boss fights lae, so hardly useless.

Marrowgar. Lady DW, lootship, proff, valith and ofc lking. So like half the encounters it is of benefit to have.

"wouldnt it be fucking amaszing though if he walked in with a bottle of jd, some coke, a number for hookers and started dealing in a poker game xD" anon quote
Sötpojke
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Needle encrusted scorpion or whatever. Has a very low proc rate getting 100% with gear only is way more beneficial, The apr trinkets from ulduar and naxx are better Happy

Jaenus
EoL-Veteran

Tbh sot if he gets the bloods to create his axe and say is brought along this week on a icc 10 farm or similar he would be able to prob gem straight for arp to hit the cap and ditch the nis which as ive always said is one of the worst items in game as it misleads so many who think their managing their arp capping correctly.
Another thing I meant to ask is currently how many emblems of frost do you have?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: