Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Mucklehugs
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

re: Why 2.4 is good

There's an initial frustration about Blizz taking away some of the "achievements" we all reached. If you linger too long on this feeling and can't shake it you need to take a step back: It's a game. Any achievement you have accomplished are a bunch of numbers in a database somewhere at Blizzard's server, so meaningless to the real world that having any feelings about it are borderline silly (well I have those feelings too, but I am getting better keeping it in perspective).

What is more important and has nothing to do with bytes on a disk are the social interactions of the game. The friends you have in EoL (and WoW), laughs, tears, emotions, jokes, ups and downs they are real and they are not changing with 2.4. No matter how many updates Blizzard are bringing out, no matter if they nerf all of BT into Hogger and friends, it doesn't change how real they are.

Of course this can all go away. Perhaps Blizz pulls the plug tomorrow. Perhaps more people stop playing never to be seen again. It's a new strange form of social interaction where this happens frequently. So we can only really enjoy what we have right now. When you do your daily heroic, enjoy it - be social. When you go raiding, enjoy it - be social. When you just hang around farming frickin Chunk O' Basilisks, enjoy it - be social. In the end the pixels, the Blackened Basilisks, the gold, the flying mount, the T6 gear, the attunements and hard work are going to be all gone and pointless. When you look back at what playing wow did for you, make sure you did enjoy all of the ride, had a fantastic time with great friends and do not feel resentment over some rule change Blizz is made.

Okay that got a bit more polemic than intended.

2.4 will remove attunements, so what? As far as I'm concerned it just makes it easier for us to keep going and have fun. Next week 3 MH raid nights planned. Can I participate? No - haven't got Vashj down. And do I really care? Being there for a Vashj downing wouldn't change much of my skills, gear or otherwise - hence I don't and 2.4 just removes an obstacle that otherwise could potentially split the guild.

Think about it. How many of you MH attuned guys feel like continuing to spend lots of time in SSC/TK to get the last few people across the line so they can join the real challenge which is happening in MH/BT? I know all of you WANT and will help others out, after all we are EoL, we are nice people. But admit that downing some new bosses is sexier. Similarly, how fun is it for us that hasn't got the attunement yet, to stand over here and watch the rest of you spend 3 nights a week learning interesting new fights while we keep one-shotting VR in our sleep?

Removing MH/BT attunement = good. It will help EoL continuing to be a fantastic PvE guild with lots of fun and great people.

Kireaksitsym
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

It's just as it is now you feel a bit exclusive, after the patch there will be hordes of guilds in MH since it's actually not that hard compared to ssc and tk untill you get to archie.

And that takes away abit of the feeling with killing a boss... not the same exitement
Carina (Mirena)
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

I 100% completely agree with you Muckles, this was my first reaction to hearing about the attunement removal - I think it's a good thing.

Who cares what other guilds get up to? This change will be a positive for EoL, for all the reasons Muckle mentioned above. Just because some other guild can go to MH when previously they couldn't... that doesn't make EoL's achievements any less.

Imagine if all the SSC and TK attunements hadn't been removed.. you think EoL would have had an easier or harder time? I know I wasn't around then, but I'm guessing it made it easier. I, for one, wouldn't have been able to join in any of the SSC or TK runs I've been on lately, as I'd have still needed to fix my attunement.

Mucklehugs
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Kireak, you may be right. And yes, the first x period there will be more nabcakes going there trying. However even if the fights in the beginning of MH/BT are easy. I still suspect that stamina-, mana-, spelldamagage-wise won't be enough to get straight out of Karazhan to be able to do it. I suspect we'll see a couple of guilds that are not that far after us progression wise, may have a shot. The big crowds? Nah.

But on the other side. Even if they did manage to down a few bosses, so what? The I'm-so-uber-my-gear-is-so-shiny kind of thought, is something better left to Ruzzle wink. The rest of us should focus on how nice time we have doing this and how much we enjoy each other, not some silly pissing contest that will be completely outdated with WotLK anyway.
Nethara

*looks at muckle and drools*

He puts it so nice, too bad hes a gnome in soul *sigh*
Alcina/Dave
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

I maybe being over simplistic here but aren't the 1st few bosses in MH easy because the guilds that get there have slaved away a TK and SCC for months? Therefor they have attained the skill and gear to push into MH.

Other guilds that weren't ready before 2.4 will still not be ready and they will bash their heads against a brick wall trying to jump from not even downing the last bosses in TK and SSC to a whole new level.

IMO the bosses in MH are only easy if your good enough. downing vashj and Kael'thes proves EoL are ready. How many other guilds can testify to that? i know for a fact a guild just starting 25-man raids now wouldnt dream of attempting SSC or TK. They start with Gruul, then Maggy and so on...

Removing the attunment is a good thing, it will mean guilds that are ready will not have the "Not Attuned" problem and as was previously said wont need to keep grinding the same thing over and over to get that last person attuned.
Kireaksitsym
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

oh oh, and we will get a new title!

Hand of A'dal xD

Fancy huh (if you have completed the attunement quests)
Jealousy2
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

To answer Leo the initial boss fights in MH are a lot more simplistic and forgiving then vashj or kael, to the extent where the first one could probably be pugged . Guilds who are unable to down vashj/kael i would suggest may start to struggle with the third MH boss and the wave prior to his arrival. The BT trash also looks difficult. The alliance guilds who currently organise 25 man raids are limited in number and i have friends in all but one of them, so i'd like them to do well.

It also sorts out our recruitment issues - i.e. 3 months from now or whatever it is, we will not have to waste time getting new applicants attuned. There are guilds out there on other servers who do not recruit from within their own realm as their members are sick of doing endless MH attunement runs as all the attuned players are spoken for by a select few guilds. We are the a server with a similar overall lack of pve progression and could have ended up in a similar position. It's not like we would ever start ninja'ing people from the exiles or twilight so where else are we going to find MH attuned players when we need them?

It also means that good applicants who are prepared to grind will have reasonable gear which is also a good thing. But only those prepared to grind i.e. those with a work ethic i.e. the sort of people we want!

I think 2.4 will open up the player base we have to choose from but not affect which guilds actually get anywhere in MH/BT

Upping the guild post count

I agree with you both* .. the only thing I can add is that the thrill of being one of the few attuned people of the server hadn't worn off for us yet, and Blizzard just threw a wrench into it.
One of reality's silly curve balls, I suspect.
Then again, I _knew_ this would happen beforehand. For all the same reasons why it was removed from TK en SSC.

*) Both meaning "Mucklehugs and Jealousy", I'm sorry :-)

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Alcina/Dave
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Dont get me wrong i want to do the grind. last night in SSC i had the most fun ive had in months on wow. im looking forward to seeing everything in there. my point was that the only guilds that see the first few bosses in MH at the moment are the ones who got there members attuned, cleared SSC and TK. So i would say that makes it seem very easy. Because they are organised.
Arkio/Arkia
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Muckle you are a legend mate.
Mucklehugs
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Liolindir wrote:
Dont get me wrong i want to do the grind. last night in SSC i had the most fun ive had in months on wow. im looking forward to seeing everything in there.

Awww Liolindir, as the raid leader of yesterday, that's so nice to hear it brings a tear to my eye. Best feedback one can get is when a new member really enjoyed spending time with us (and that's not a the royal 'we') in our raid.

Algorath
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

Dont forget that paladin gear is getting buffed! I will be needing gear sooN! Huzzah!

EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

Tallis, Hand of A'dal........ somehow I feel a whole new load of gnome jokes rising to the surface....

Quote:
Any achievement you have accomplished are a bunch of numbers in a database somewhere at Blizzard's server, so meaningless to the real world that having any feelings about it are borderline silly

Actually some of those bunches of numbers sell for 100s of euros/dollars on eBay...

But to be honest, my e-peen is already in BT and nobody who goes there for free after 2.4 can make it any smaller. We know who we are and that's enough. Sorry ladies, I do not know what you have in BT Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum