Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Belius
Found the forum!

re: uh oh.. we have a problem (ganking)

Earlier on today, aryn decided to attack some members of the guild out in quel danas or whatever its called. Apparently spending well over an hour attacking the same 3 members.. and what a good selection, cos you happened to pick the guild leader, her boyf and 2nd in command and probably the most senior of the officer's.. Who all got very annoyed very quickly.

Now theres alot of talk about screw any kind of alliance kill them all anywere everywhere including meeting stones etc, and for the sake of a few players who take the game a little too seriously personally speaking i think its silly.

She would like to speak to either liesje or jealousy Im kinda hoping you guy's can sort something out as were all bound to be meeting each other at stones again at some point as were in the same area again (mh/bt) and frankly after the time at ssc where half of you guy's wiped the floor with a full raid of us.. i dont fancy waiting around 20 minutes or so. and im sure neither do you.

I think the main issue is that guldies have been docked dkp etc for attacking and causing any friction anywere to keep animosity down because if you get ganked outside your going to remember it and if it was severe and annoying your really going to remember it and express them feelings wherever you are .. ie a meeting stone. and it seems despite people having being told off and docked its still continued.

So maybe its time for the bigwigs to have a word with each other, time for a proper truce between guilds? bg only because you can't avoid it .. this information placed in the applications so everyone know's and a straight conceqence for breaking it.. but its not my place (its just a little dream of mine z) but I would much rather someone spoke with someone else and things got smoothed other instead of what could happen.

Found the forum!

Oh if anyone needs vent info etc etc, just send me a pm and i'll pop it in there for you.

http://bloodlustwow.guildlaunch.com/

For those who wish to speak about it on our forum too.
Lets try to resolve this cleanly.

Chatterbox

I think we should be promoting World PvP like this, everyone knows Quel'danas is a new battleground!

As far as I know, our guild policy isn't against ganking as a whole, only at meeting stones.

Muchos luvos to my Romford brother, I invite you to a duel at Quel'danas any time!

<3

Serious Troll <3

re: Re: uh oh.. we have a problem (ganking)

Code of Conduct, Guild Rules wrote:

World PvP

EoL has absolutely nothing against classy world PvP. However we're a guild with PvE focus, and there are some behaviour that is not okay and not classy, it mostly comes down to common sense and not being a coward. Remember that carrying "Echoes of Lordaeron" above your head means that you are ambassadors for the whole guild.

In all cases we are always allowed to defend ourselves, and a measured retribution when being attacked may also be okay - think eye for and eye, use your head.

No attacking outside instances or/at summoning stones, especially not outside raid instances. Doing this will be grounds for instant expulsion since it adversely affects the guild's PvE objectives.

No corpse camping. No chasing and repeated killing of the same target "for fun".

Pick your fights, be a sport. Don't attack if you're in an obvious power situation. I.e. ganging up 3 people against 1 is not cool. Likewise being 70 in hard PvP gear and taking on a level 65 is not particularly cool either.

If Aryn has been going about following those 3, he's in trouble. If he was simply caught up in the heat of the battle in Quel'Danas, it's a different matter.
As said before we're a PvE guild, but we have a large number of people who enjoy some good old-fashioned world-PvP. World-PvP has been quite dead for some time however and now this nice and shiny "outdoor BG" opened.... Because of that I'm not gonna be too harsh on any of our members concerning the PvP there, as long as they keep clear off the meeting stone and don't delibarately corpsecamp people.

Quote:
after the time at ssc where half of you guy's wiped the floor with a full raid of us..

Ur not trying to get under our skin are u ? :P Cuz its working for me xD

I think few GM wrods over vent might solve alot of things, so i vote for that Happy

Belius
Found the forum!

Fingers crossed and ofc not I was just pointing out the futility of guilds attacking other guilds who are better geared better organised and who really dont have the time to be slowed down. 10 of yours beat 25 of ours .. and all because 2 of ours couldn't take their fingers off their buttons for 5 minutes and leave well alone. we all suffered for it.

What makes me laugh the most is that those who gank at stones, at quel etc are always the 1st to moan when they get ganked somewere else like they shouldn't be being ganked.. to my mind its circles, your gonna kill people there gonna complain in /1 /g wherever and your remembered and some people return the favour... what goes around blah blah.

Funny that i can run around past pretty much any alliance player that doesnt have stronghold over its head and am more likely to get a /wave or even sometimes.. /love .. all from leaving people be as best as I can, only fighting when provoked as best as i can.. we all have our offdays though.. mine usually involves the aformentioned guild :p

Anyway peace love and cookies from me always unless its bg's then GL <3

Likes forums

Im on a vendetta against your guild, glad i cought the right people. *grins*

I was not at a stone, and outnumbered 3 to 1. I was having fun with a bit of a challange. Just so loved the spitting after the first kill that i had to entertain them a bit more. I see nothing wrong with going suicidal against 3 and i dont see why they are worried about that.

And i think an hour is streching the story a bit...
Nethara

3 bloodlust against Aryn... hmm... sounds fair to me, well actualy depends on their gear. If they dont bring their best then i feel sorry for them.

Tbh some of ur members deserve it! I see some bloodlust members in mixed guild gang groups goin 10:1 realy often. If i had char named Aryn with her gear on my account, id do EXACTLY the same.

However summoning stones are out of the question! Its where PvP and PvE must never colide, or it wont be good for any of our guilds PvE progress, and no reason or grudge in world PvP is valid to dispute that.

I suggest u guys eat the brew u made urselves by the way u act in world PvP. Leave the summoning stones out of this. Ur leader and officers should be aware of that before they start some warmongering. Id advise Liesje to mention it to ur GM when they get a chance to chat.

Felidra
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Quote:

I was not at a stone, and outnumbered 3 to 1. I was having fun with a bit of a challange. Just so loved the spitting after the first kill that i had to entertain them a bit more. I see nothing wrong with going suicidal against 3 and i dont see why they are worried about that.

That apparently being true .. we're having people tell us you're corpse camping when corpse camping is clearly against the rules. It may have felt like a challenge of sorts - maybe, provided they were actually attempting to kill you in return. But if they weren't, had just ressed, were spirit ressing, etc - then it wouldn't have been so sportsmanlike at all.

I know there is a lot of animosity going around and I'm sure people are prone to exaggeration but 2 reports of ganking in one day (once at a summoning stone) and you proudly admitting to it .. (well, sorta) does make me wonder.

All this is just me saying "Please tone it down a bit". I'd really rather not have to start a thread in the Officer Forum asking what to do about you breaking the rules. We already had to gkick Stoutarm for ganking at a summoning stone (and more importantly, refusing to stop despite being told to stop it by an officer!) ..

Read those rules again. Remember the word "Classy". I don't care if it's 3 vs 1, you have to give them a chance to walk away from it. If they don't .. well, then all is fair.

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Spliffy / Brew
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

You implying i corpse camped 3 people? Is that even posable?

I always gave them a change to all get up and heal / drink.
I didnt camp ( and i dont unless they really deserve it )
I didnt kill at a meeting stone. ( this time, and in the other one i did not interupt a summon until they where done with it. )
And yes they attacked me on sight after my first kill. ( just a mage vs me ) So i went at them again ( 2 of them that time ) and lost and got spat on.
So i thought i might aswell anoy them a bit ( then suddenly 3 of them ).
Got a whisper after a while about a Karazhan run and HS'ed out.
Felidra
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Quote:

You implying i corpse camped 3 people? Is that even posable?

I wasn't there so I can't possibly know what happened wink

Possible? Probably yes. At that location I kinda doubt it though with numbers of people running around.

The thing is if we keep getting reports like this at some point we're going to have to take them seriously. Right now there isn't that big an issue but if incidents keep happening .. well, I'd rather they didn't because sooner or later we'll have an escalation and we really have no interest in that.

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Spliffy / Brew
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

*throws the sword in a corner and folding arms*
Nethara

As i said, for all i have seen what bloodlust members are doing in world PvP i dont care if u do corpse camp them. I didnt like 20 min of dieing and ressing to reach Peacekeepers just because 10 of u get a hardon for killing me immediately as i res. We should obey our rule about corpse camping and let u ''go nutz''? I seriously doubt it. And as Aryn said, cropse camping against 3 people? I wasnt born yesterday, cut the crap Happy

Aryn, just avoid summoning stones alltogether and i seriously doubt this will become a hot issue.

Myrawen
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

1v3? And Corpse Camping them? I know you are a good player Aryn but that imba!?

If we were PvP guild you would most likely get promoted for it.

Just my point xD
<3

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum