Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stil

re: Stil wishes to sign up

Personal Information:
Sex: Male
Nationality: English

Character Information:
Name: Stil
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Level: 70
Keys: No heroic. Have Kara attunement though

What are your primary roles during a raid?
To pull and to tank/off tank mobs away from the squishies. When possible to minimise raid health/mana loss through the warrior debuffs such as disarm, shout, thunderclap, and so on. To help the tougher enemies go down faster with sunders and shout buffs that help other melee classes.

Any RP details about your character?

Stil has had a long and rich, if sometimes troubled life. He was born in Kalimdor and was pretty much a nobody until he was made a squire for a famous knight there. This is where Stil learned his trade - he had no ability with magic nor the religious beliefs of his master, but mastered various weapons, armour types and had an aptitude for field tactics and strategy for wars big and small.
This relationship was a golden one until the night when the lodgings in Azshara were destroyed by a Satyr attack on the settlement. Stil was told to help those who he could flee via emergency tunnels under the palace of the Queen, his master held the gate to buy time and was never to be seen again...
Stil wandered aimlessly as a sell-sword for many years promising allegiance to no-one but saving coin for the day he would need to get outfitted to avenge the deaths in Azshara. He bumped into others with similar interests and a clique was formed... he had many adventures.. his biggest was getting married to a Gnome by the name of Liesje.
Accepting Azshara is as good as it is going to get he has turned his attention to other things - namely the Burning Legion in Outworld. He would also like to become the world's best blacksmith one day so he can retire away from fighting and still provide good money for his beautiful wife and hopefully.. children.

Previous guilds on this server and reasons for leaving:

SoA - Disbanded whilst I was away on a break in RL. Currently in Cenarion Serpents, but its a stop-gap. They are nice to talk to in /g but have no real aspirations as a guild.

How did you find us?
Survivors of SoA recommended trying. I have a few instance runs with you guys and I like the ones I didn't know before.

Why do you want to join the Echoes of Lordaeron?
Because you have got your shit together! Its a wonderful if very rare balance you have - the organisation and guild discipline, but aren’t overly anal or militaristic. Having old friends helps some, also I know you RP, many RP guilds don't actually RP and if they do they may be anal/militaristic about it.

What do you expect of us, and how will you contribute?

I expect to be treated as any other application. Just cas I am the former guild-master of some of your members I want no preference. I expect chatty, close knit friend/family values in /g and whilst playing with other members. I would like some help getting back to scratch - I used to be a very good tank, but then when I came back to WoW, after TBC it seems I've lost 50% of 'it'.. I think its confidence more than anything, I feel like a moron sometimes. I want to get my edge back, be given a fair chance. I'm a bit of a noob, but will put the work in and always try to help a guildy - that includes with out of game things too.

Who can we contact for a reference?
Liesje, Silaz, Sullin, Lightmane, Sayatoko, Borlin, Alvis (maybe), Luisalin, Keiveboy - will get a few others when I can remember spellings of them all.

Anything else you would like to add?

I will be straight up with you. I am busy in RL with work, I get up early so can't stay up later than 12pm GMT and some days I'll need to work from home in the evenings. I go on alot of business trips - but will say when I do. Maybe try and get a laptop wow-worthy and a 3G card for these occasions :D I am also very committed to my gf and won't make her a widow-of-warcraft so the 24/7 play I used to do is now out of the question. But - what I can offer. A few nights a week, devoted to you and the instances. I am protection spec'd dashing my PVE and PVP hopes because I am a team player. I'd love to see lots of RP no matter of planned or spontaneous.
Saya

i know we have tons of tanks but... IT's STIL!!!!!

<3 Stil

I'm gonna let Arch, Caul and Arph decide on this one, since me and Silaz are biassed.

re: yep

Biased indeed :-)
Nonetheless, as far as applications go this one's pretty decent.

Nice to see you back in the game Stil!

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Arphenion

I say hell ya!

Application accepted, welcome to Echoes of Lordaeon Stil.

Contact one of our officers in-game for an invite.
Golden!
EoL-Veteran
Can post, will post

Obviously Stil is well known by many in the guild but for me the sentance that says ..............

"I used to be a very good tank, but then when I came back to WoW, after TBC it seems I've lost 50% of 'it'.. I think its confidence more than anything, I feel like a moron sometimes. I want to get my edge back, be given a fair chance. I'm a bit of a noob, but will put the work in and always try to help a guildy"

completely reflects how I felt at one time and imediately I like the sound of him. He gets my vote.
Maddogg
EoL-Veteran
Initiate chatterbox

welcome Stil
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Applications Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: