Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chillchaos
Chillchaos
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

re: Gz on the Progress

Thanx CC, much appreciated! tongue out

Quote:

I didn't exactly say that you're impressive altough ye, that's what I meant indeed =). But do you want me to lie or what? ^^

No, not really wink

What I would like to see is people keeping their eye out for things that need improving and not being afraid to report them.

Just because we're good does not mean we're perfect and right now I have this feeling some people are afraid to speak up about problems they're having. On the other hand I have this feeling some people are getting a bit too overconfident for their own good.

So I'm tossing this one in just to make sure people stay awake and don't stop trying to find ways to make things work better. Consider it a balance thing. I constantly call myself a noob, usually deserved, sometimes less so. Why? So that I won't get cocky about myself. (and because I am .. :-)

Just because we down hard raid bosses that does not mean we are better than anyone else. I know plenty of people who are in "lesser" raiding guilds who are excellent players and more importantly, human beings.

I actively try to find things that go wrong, problems people are having, and fix them. Even if we downed something a few times I'm still looking for ways to improve our performance, trying new things. I attempt to pressure others to do the same, to look beyond their own little corner of the world and get the bigger picture.

Why did we down Archi in one week? Because we have people raid leading who can see the big picture and who will try to fix the deeper problems in a fight like that*. Archimonde is very very much about communication and working as a team as well as about personal survival. You can't have one and not have the other.

*) Several in fact, which makes good ground for disagreements sometimes wink

In the bigger sense this game is all about dealing with human beings. Running a successful raiding guild is not just about knowing what buttons to press when. It's about managing the people, about picking the right people for the right jobs, about not being afraid to give people responsibility if they deserve it, about not letting the drama take over, about .. well, a million little things that all add up to "dealing with people".

And people being people, if you as a guild are successful, they tend to get cocky and think they're better than others and their way is how things should go. Which is the road to damnation, as far as I'm concerned, because right there and then the game turns from cooperation and learning together to being stuck up arrogant pricks towards others who are not learning anymore because everyone else is wrong. And you, your guild, just stopped being a team as well because those initiates .. well, they aren't part of the inner circle, so they don't have things to contribute.
Or do they?

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I feel a bit of cautioning is neccesary wink

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
wowTallis
EoL-Veteran
Likes forums

you want to discuss this in the open forum?

Tallis wrote:
you want to discuss this in the open forum?

Shouldn't you be in the Crimson Eagles with Maleth?

I was making a joke there thinking you've spent countless hours on Archi.
How many hours/raids did you train it before you actually killed it?
Archi was a really tough boss for us. We never really tried it until after we got some shammie's in the mix.. Before that we'd spent an hour weekly training the fight or something.. It's really impressive to take new people to the fight and get it down so fast. I was under the impression you've spent quite a long time on it. I guess my information was off then. Job well done..

Imho as a guild you guys are in the first weeks of your honeymoon.
Everything is smooth and as bosses (some harder then others) drop nothing will be wrong and everything seems right. Don't walk into this trap tho cause pretty soon you will have some really tough bosses and problems to overcome.

Pretty soon you are gonna deal with people wanting the easy grab for T6 gold. It happens in every guild and it will be the same with you. When instances are farmable people will moan and whine abt not getting raidspots and that's where the real problems will arise...

For now I would enjoy the sweet tast of victory if I were you.
Don't for a second think you've made it cause then you'll get weak and you'll be caught with your pants down. You've done very well so far so much is clear and gz to jobs well done but Illidan will be your final test for now demanding to see your best raid think quick on its feet and raidleaders having to solve plms within seconds.

GL on your path to Illidan..
As I said to my guild when we downed it..
It's not the boss it's the road you have to take getting there.
That's the real challange Happy

We are there to help you guys with more HOD's to get you your SR gear faster.
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Closed Circle wrote:

We are there to help you guys with more HOD's to get you your SR gear faster.

As it looks now we're missing about 35 to get a full raid going

I don't mind outsiders reading this stuff :-)

It's not directed at anyone in particular, is not intended to do more than caution, does not reveal any incriminating secrets, and does not give away chocolate to the wrong people :P

If people want to discuss specifics feel free to take it elsewhere I guess.

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Felidra
EoL-Veteran
Upping the guild post count

Quote:

I was making a joke there thinking you've spent countless hours on Archi.

We downed him the 3th night we spend on him, at around 9-ish.
I'm guessing it adds up to around 40-ish tries.

Quote:

Imho as a guild you guys are in the first weeks of your honeymoon.
Everything is smooth and as bosses (some harder then others) drop nothing will be wrong and everything seems right. Don't walk into this trap tho cause pretty soon you will have some really tough bosses and problems to overcome.

Myeah, don't forget we took quite a bit of time to learn Kael'thas and ran into the problem you describe here back then once already. So while you are right, I really hope people learned from that experience wink

Quote:

Don't for a second think you've made it cause then you'll get weak and you'll be caught with your pants down. You've done very well so far so much is clear and gz to jobs well done but Illidan will be your final test for now demanding to see your best raid think quick on its feet and raidleaders having to solve plms within seconds.

Saying most of what I was saying and taking less words to say it in :-)

◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Borgrimm
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

Quote:
and does not give away chocolate to the wrong people

Food mentioned
Give Emanee all the choclate, need more cookies

Well pretty soon you'll see the golddiggers surface Happy
Always fun to see imho..

Can't believe you had plms with kael'thas and downing Archi so fast.
Archi is a much harder fight.. Futhermore we downed Kael before it was nerfed two times which kinda took the punch out of the fight.. Not saying we are good but saying it was a really really tough cookie before compared to now.. Did you have 2 completely different raids running or what?

I remember it being an almost impossible fight but O so cool to master..

35 you say huh?
We got some left but I fear we need a few ourselves this time cause we got some new blood in the guild.. I fear the worst for you now.. I doubt we can even spare a stack but I have to get back to ya on that 1..

Anyways for Mother you dont need to have the perfect setups when it comes to have the perfect epic SR gear.. It's nice to have and yes it will gimp you less then green cause of more SR being on 1 single item.
However greens will get you a long way and there are some blue's around aswell to help you out.. If you bring more then the required 7 healers you can easily sit under the SR cap without paying dearly for it..
The fight is easy and easily doable with a 20 man raid tbh..
I would equip your best healers for the fight (All Paladins) first with the gear since they can survive easily.. Then your top ranged DPS (3 mages , 3 locks) and your best Melee.. Ofc your Maintank doenst need SR and the two other tanks can do with half the cap or close to 200 SR.

The rest is for show tbh.. Get your core right and train the fight.. Remove players with +80 ping from the raid since they will only fuck you over..
Dealing with lag in this fight is harder then the boss itself..
Nethara

Quote:
Pretty soon you are gonna deal with people wanting the easy grab for T6 gold. It happens in every guild and it will be the same with you. When instances are farmable people will moan and whine abt not getting raidspots and that's where the real problems will arise...

Let them try moan for loot, il be there to kick them in the ass. Ive already had quite alot of those, keeping those kinda people out of the guild solves that problem imo.

Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Closed Circle wrote:
Did you have 2 completely different raids running or what?

well... You know that the guild raids 6 nights a week but our members don't?
So yes, sometimes we have completely different raid groups...

Quote:

We still wipe on Kael ... and Lurker ... and on Hydros if Eldare tanks ... and on Solarian with Silaz the Handsome Bomber of the Hymns in team ...
Sometimes we're miraculously good, sometimes insanely bad. Almost human I'd say.
Saraesa / Liesje
Guild Mommy
Serious Troll <3

Rovasti wrote:
Quote:

We still wipe on Kael ... and Lurker ... and on Hydros if Eldare tanks ... and on Solarian with Silaz the Handsome Bomber of the Hymns in team ...
Sometimes we're miraculously good, sometimes insanely bad. Almost human I'd say.

We still wipe on High King Maulgar

Quote:
Shouldn't you be in the Crimson Eagles with Maleth?

... I dont know, shouldnt you?

I thought you were his GF
why should I be there?
he don't PVE remember
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum