Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vilhelmiina
EoL-Veteran
Chatterbox

re: EoL's Anniversary: Partying and some Big Bugs in a desert.

Nahandra's Diary, dated 24th of May.

Nahandra was waiting eagerly. Only question of mere minutes before the partying would start!

A party? Yes, the annual (( or the bloody hell I sure hope so!)) anniversary party was about to start! Echoes of Lordaeron would celebrate their first year of existance together in the city of Stormwind, at the mighty halls in the Dwarven District. There would be speeches, dancing and some suprice stuff aswell. "Hmm, what on earth would that be.." Nahandra though in her mind as she was waling to her destination.

"Oh nice, there's some familiar faces, I wonder what they've been up to!" [Pic 1.]

The event started, and after a while, all where mingleing and chatting on whatever. The first bottles of party ale or wine were opened and three cheers were raised in the honor of Echoes. Some even dared to enter the dancestage and showoff their skills! [Pic 2.] ((Sorry for some reason don't have any party pics without UI >_< ))

After some speeches made by Guild Master, Officers and some members, we were ordered to mount up and march through the town and meet up at the gates of Stormwind. There were lot of our members leaving at the same time, and it got a bit crowded [Pic 3.], but it all worked in the end, and we reached the mighty gates of Stormwind without any rush.

There we were met by a supricing command from the Guild Master Liesje. "Please enter this portal, and when there, use the portal to Tanaris. Next time we meet up at Silithus."

A lot were shocked or at least supriced by this sudden turn of events. What, where? - echoed in Nahandra's mind aswell, as she entered the portal.

It became very clear what we were about to go and do. Silithus could mean only one thing. Bugs. Lots of bugs. Big damn ugly bugs. Needless to say Nahandra wasn't too happy to realize this. "I was hoping for a fun alcohol filled party in some safe merry environment god damnit! And what do I get, sand and bugs? And possibly no alcohol at all!!? Crappy party this is."

Her fears were seemingly coming to materialize as she heard the destination of this trip. Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. She had heard the name before. Never experienced by herself, but she had read many books held by the Night Elves. They all explained it as a dark, gloomy place which harbored a great evil. And bugs. Lot of 'em. Damn bugs..

Nevertheless the Echoes Anniversary Party turned into a War Platoon reached it's destination. We entered the Temple and the fighting started. At this point Naha's mind just went shut complitely. Must have been the endless waves of bugs she encountered in the next few hours. Endless and endless of waves....

Let's just mention here that there were all sorts of bugs. Little ones [ Pic 4.] Bigger ones.[Pic 5.] Flying bugs. [Pic 6.] Bugs who seemed to be a family(if there's such a thing).[Pic 7.] Some worm -looking bugs [Pic 8.] & Pic 9.]

And then something... which wasn't a bug? [Pic 10.] I believe these were the rulers of these bugs. Or something. No idea what they were, but they were angry. So we had to kill 'em. [Pic 11.]

Just as I thought everything was over, I heard there was more coming. I'm not sure what it was, but I heard the words "Old" and "God" spoken. And those words were speaken silently, as in fear. What was this? Fear amongst Echoes? Never!! We moved forward swiftly, as hunter hunting a prey. Silently, troops moved to position infront of this beast's lair. There was fear and horror in the air as we looked in. A giant eye in the middle was watching us on the ground. [Pic 12.]

"What on earth?" Nahandra said to herself. Was this the being - the God we were suppose to vanquish? How can you defeat a God anyway? Although Nahandra soon realized that all the God -type creatures she has faced before were eventually slain, and thus merely "a God" to those that worshipped them. Maybe this was such a thing aswell, a creature of great power, but killable. "Yes.. that's how it must be.." Nahandra kept believing herself. She knew that if she would keep believing that during the battle soon to be unleashed, maybe, just maybe it might happen for real. At least it would keep her sanity and moral up, and keep her from fleeing from the place.

Apparently this was the time Velana, the raid leader of our group tonight, decided it was fun and inventive to practise some platoon excersises. "Make a line, each side at the entrance! [Pic 13.] We shall rush in and suprice this bastard!!" -were the orders. We did so and charged. The following minutes were hectic and battle raged on. There were tentacles everywhere, some were sucked into the beasts belly, but they fought valiantly, and battled their way out of there.

And then suddently... the mighty beast was slain. Nahandra woke up from a dream like trance, and noticed - that she was alive and the beast was slain!! Have faith and things might happen, was today's lesson I guess. That the bravery and determination of others may thriwe you yourself to brilliant deeds, overcoming yourself, and you shall be victorious at the face of mighty and seemingly unkillable enemies.

But what a party Liesje delivered us. No damn alcohol still, the bastard.

End of diary entry.

(( This was my way of saying a very BIG thanks to Liesje and Officer personel for making this happen, and delivering us a night to remember!

Thanks for all other members aswell who were involved. [Pic 12.]

..as I at least had a blast. envy

For the end here, I'd like to post the funnniest costume I saw that day, delivered by my dear friend Asquilan. [Pic 12.] Seriously, rank 10 pala pvp set with that epic sword from ZF is so = win.

-This was special report, delivered to you by Nahandra, of the SpaceGoat News.

Enjoy! envy envy envy

-Naha.

re: EoL's Anniversary: Partying and some Big Bugs in a desert.

NO WAI! I missed a raid through the entire Ahn'Qiraj Temple? NOOOOOO! Curse this broken computer!

Also, Myrawen has Cataclysm's Edge?! ZOMG!

Grats EoL, God must be pissed at me since he kept me from this seemingly awesome party =(

"As no unit of measurement is given, the pong play field could theoretically span the depths of several universes. It is a great cosmic game, as forces beyond the tangible are forever locked in a to-and-fro battle of the wills. Woe is he who lives in the universe that exists as the "ball", forever ricocheting between its larger sisters."
Jinjiro

re: e

((Allow me to add a few shots of my own here, great post. I'll try and do a paragraph per pic, sort of assign each one it's own thingy... jiggy... ma-bob.))

Jinjiro felt the warm weight of the panther shift beneath him as it took slow, even strides over the cobbled stone path leading towards Stormwind's colossal main gate. Around him, the sound of other large animals putting hoof or paw to the concrete was only barely audible over the sounds of their riders' armour, from shuffling silken robes to heavy-set plate garments. As the band of comrades marched onwards, Jinjiro felt a strange emotion come over him. Could he be becoming attached to this group he was sent to keep watch on?

Pic 1

Passing through the heavily guarded gate, Jinjiro noticed the watchmen look on in slight awe at the gathering. Suppressing a smile, he looked around at the riders, talking amongst themselves and in high spirits. As they moved outside of the city to where the portal was being prepared, Elwynn Forest greeted them, bringing a light breeze which carried with it a light floral smell, and the rogue knew that despite the pleasant scent, some of the herbs round here made excellent poisons. As the mages made preperations for the portal, Jinjiro rested his hands on his two sheaths, and patiently waited, while all around him the excited chatter of the guild created an adrenaline-pumping rush that the usually calm-headed rogue could not help but be caught up in.

Pic 2

Pic 3

30 MINUTES LATER

Jinjiro's stomach churned. Portal travel... how he hated it. It felt like being lurched in five different directions at once only to be somehow reconstructed a split second later, somewhere entirely different. The whole experience left him queasy. He steadied his panther, who apparently had not enjoyed the trip any more than he, and gazed out over the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. They had arrived in Shattrath City, the sanctuary overseen by the naaru, and then been instructed to talk to an emissary of the Keepers of Time. Frankly what she was doing in a pub next to a rowdy ogre was beyond Jinjiro. Something about her had struck him as odd though, and the way she had suddenly teleported him without preperation struck him as peculiar. After the teleportation, the guild had regrouped in the exterior ruins of the Qiraji temple, some choosing to run through the dense jungle of Un'Goro rather than take the windy gryphon flight from the goblin stronghold of Gadgetzan. He now stood atop a small dune, awaiting the night's battle.

Pic 4

Once all the guild had gathered up, they stood inside the entrance to the Temple, the sun setting over the sands behind them in a glorious red hue, the desert shimmering in the evening heat. Awaiting the final order to attack, Jinjiro sensed restlessness in the group, although he knew their training taught them all that preparation was the best weapon in any fight. As the group dismissed their tired mounts and began imbuing each other with blessings, Jinjiro carefully took a small vial of green liquid out of his backpack, and painstakingly applied it to the edges of his weapons with a small poison brush. How he missed the ease of poisoning slender daggers!

Pic 5

Pic 6

HOURS LATER

Encountering an Old God had been no easy task, nor had slicing through the insectoid army which he commanded. The Qiraji bugs had proved to be vigilant and industrious, their hold over the ancient ruins complete... until the Echoes of Lordaeron had swept through. Now, Jinjiro's weapons and armour were coated in thick layers of fast-drying bug blood, and as he looked up at his companions, so were theirs.

The insect army's liberal use of their natural poisons was no match for the druids' grasp of nature, while the mages command of frost and fire had seared through the bug's thick hides, already weakened by the constant attack of the close-combat team. The warlocks and the shadow-priests had afflicted the more resilient of the Qiraji warriors, eroding their armour with powerful curses and hexes. Paladins had summoned the Light, asking for powerful boons to either wreak vengeance on their enemies, or healing magic to close wounds and dispel the curses of the Qiraji casters. The healing paladins worked closely with the priests of Elune, who constantly asked their Mother Moon to keep the endurance of the warring guild up. Shamans and druids called upon the elements to deal with the bugs, who were no match for immense bolts of lightning or the fury of the moon.

Jinjiro didn't understand the ways of magic, either the more shamanistic natural ways, or the sorcery utilised by the mages. He frowned upon the demonic ways of the warlocks, but accepted it's effectiveness. The young rogue was much more comfortable with the feel of a blade in his hand. He had been assisting the warriors, cutting the jugulars and tendons of bugs wherever he found them on the strange anatomy.

And now they stood, slayers of a god so old it made the night-elves look like mere infants. Jinjiro felt a sense of pride in his work and in those around him, his friends and guildmates. As he wiped digestive ichor and mucus from his eyes, he looked around and smiled. It had been a great couple of months.

Pic 7

((Happy Birthday EoL! Here's to a fantastic guild, and here's to many more months of happy playing!))
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum