Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echoes of Lordaeron Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Borgrimm
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

re: Blizzard gone ban happy

For people who are unaware, but last night blizzard went on a banwave accross EU servers.

Guilds have been ruined, there are reports on 1/3 of some guilds getting banned

Accordingly all bans are for bot useage, and it seems its even small traces of botting, of any kind, for a long history. Not sure if anyone in guild has got banned, should hope not.

I just thought would be good to inform people why some of there freinds or well known people that they only contact in wow are not logging in.

Seems good, blizzard have acted good at last (just hoping I havent accidently ended up in this banwave )

Forum Pet

Have never used a bot, wintraded or anything so i should be save.

and yeah i like blizzard lately, they're banning abusers, wintraders, bots etc. really how it should be!

Chatterbox

Good show blizzard. At times like these we will see that eol's policiy against cheating/abuse of the game have payed off. Good show all around

Wintraders got banned? \o/

Blizzard did this on US realms a few weeks ago, it makes me very happy that they also moved to EU realms, because getting highrated due to wintrading really isn't the way. This will probably also affect some innocent players tho, my first character has been banned temporarily due to bot usage, altough I didn't even know what a bot was at that time...

Last edited by Lendoria on 2008/05/21 3:52; edited 1 time in total

Thats what I mean lendo, I have a warning on my account for bot useage (from ages and ages ago) but I have never and would never use them, so never know if that will show and be banned

Hope not

Forum Pet

They're so gonna ban me for wintrading, but i'm just unbeatable sorry blizz *flex* i didn't wintrade they really left the arena when they saw me and Luce!

RRRRRALPH TAURRRREN!

Log in at www.wow-europe.com to check if you did get banned, that would really suck tho. =( *crosses fingers*

Can't on work, but i doubt i will. only warning+3 hour ban i ever got was using sexually explicit language in trade..

they no likey my please put your head in your ass and choke slowly- line

Can post, will post

What is ' b o t ' - I am an innocent !
Samoraz
EoL-Veteran
Forum Pet

you got banned?

Forum Pet

Been on there lendo, so far so good

Forum Pet

Quote:
Apparently there was a huge ban wave overnight. The Glider forums are inaccessible. There isn’t much news yet but so far it seems like

If you used glider in the past few months, you’re banned.
If you used OpenBot after 2.4.3, you’re banned.

Forum Pet

What is glider?

Forum Pet

Dont know Ruzzle.

But have just serched it to find out, this is what it says:

WoW Glider in my opinion is the best botting program available. If you already know it is as well and want to go directly to their site Click Here. If you want to find out more about it please read on.

What is WoW Glider: WoW Glider is a program that will play your character for you. It will do some of the boring parts of the game such as grinding your way up in levels. It will farm resources for you. It will even do skinning for you. Many people who use the glider use it for powerleveling, farming, questing (go kill so many of this quests) and the biggest one of all. Earning gold. Lots of gold in fact. I have a level 60 character that is earning 350 gold per day!

There are a few WoW macro and Bot programs out there. But this one is different. This one is designed to do only what an actual player would do in the game. This may sound lame but it's really it's best feature. Blizzard states in their terms of use for the game that using any third party programs that provide automation of your character are prohibited. WoW Glider does not do anything a player would not do in the game so it does not get noticed. Compare this to other programs such as WoW Sharp that inject code into the game to perform it's functions. Their injection method got almost ALL of their users banned from the game. This was because the program was performing functions that a regular human player could not do. So they were busted.

Sure there is risk to use WoW Glider. But as long as you don't do stupid stuff like tell the glider to run you into walls and make your character look like a bot it's a very good program to use. It's also very easy to tell it what you want it to do. It's much like a VCR. With a VCR you can record what you see on the TV. When you play it back it will be the exact same thing. With WoW Glider it will record your movements and actions and then repeat them. It's a lot smarter than a VCR though. It will target creatures and run off and kill them, loot them and even skin them. Then it will go back to it's patrol route looking for more things to kill, loot or harvest.

Forum Pet

Yeah i know that addon/bot it's the "best" bot there is and most hated one by people since blizzard couldn't do to much against it and it was being sold for low prices.. but had ALOT of buyers.

good that they're banning people but i'll be furious if they on accident banned me or anything. cause i think these are perm. bans

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum